rushmc

School Obama's Daughters Attend Has 11 Armed Guards

Also, it seems that guns in schools are not a problem for those who can pay for very expensive private schools

Being rich allows you to avoid all kinds of problems - like homelessness, hunger, inadequate health care, the TSA... You seem fixated on just one.

\
Oh, so you are ok the children of those of less means are unprotected

For no other reason than they are not rich

Yet, you support increasing the taxes of rich people to support the government as in, we all should pay our fair share

How about this

There are armed gaurds in social security offices

I think they should be moved to schools. Or are SS offices more important than children in kallend land?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

After 3 pages and working on the 4th ... the liberal anti-gun people have given only one answer....

More gun control... :S

And they have every reason why RICH kids can have armed people in the schools and it's fine.. But any gun in any other school is dangers and will scary the children..

The price to put a armed policemen in every school is to much... But ignore the fact that many schools already have police in them and are all ready being paid...

The ONLY thing that they want is MORE GUN LAWS and infringe on our 2nd amendment rights...

Killer...

If she gave him permission to shoot her while she was sleeping and then go blow away kids, then, yes, you've got a valid point.

But usually "permission to use access gun" doesn't involve killing mom. INdeed, a more likely scenario is that she wouldn't give permission.

So you are unable to discern ANY difference between permission to access her guns and permission to kill people.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Also, it seems that guns in schools are not a problem for those who can pay for very expensive private schools

Being rich allows you to avoid all kinds of problems - like homelessness, hunger, inadequate health care, the TSA... You seem fixated on just one.

\

Yet, you support increasing the taxes of rich people to support the government as in, we all should pay our fair share

How about this

There are armed gaurds in social security offices

I think they should be moved to schools. Or are SS offices more important than children in kallend land?

People of less means get a lot less overall than people of means.

Are you becoming a commie?

It's not a difference of "any" - there are shades of grey. There is a correlation to his familiarity with these weapons and his using them.

But there's also proximate versus "but for" causation. But for that pedestrian being there, the drunk driver would have hit nobody on the sidewalk. Can you state that the pedestrian had nothing to do with it? No. Of course not.

And there are a lot of fine lines...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

It's not a difference of "any" - there are shades of grey. There is a correlation to his familiarity with these weapons and his using them.

But there's also proximate versus "but for" causation. But for that pedestrian being there, the drunk driver would have hit nobody on the sidewalk. Can you state that the pedestrian had nothing to do with it? No. Of course not.

And there are a lot of fine lines...

So we can be fairly sure that Mom didn't give her permission for him to go on a killing spree, but can't be sure that he STOLE her guns.

www.theblaze.com/stories/report-nancy-lanza-let-adam-use-her-guns-to-teach-him-responsibility/

True. And we cannot be sure that he didn't shoot up that school because he thought his mom loved those kids more than she loved him. We won't know these things.

Me? I think that if there is a gun in the house that it is generally the responsible thing to give kids a respect for firearms. And that telling them not to touch them is like telling them not to have sex. Best to give them the idea of what is going on, the proper use and consequences.

I find it really weird that people want to educate about sex, alcohol, drugs, etc., because denying those things is just counterproductive - and the people that seem to oppose these things are more in favor of gun education but are being fought by other forces who would rather just not acknowledge it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

CNN and Fox (GASP!) reported today that the shooter had a confrontation with members of the school staff, this could be his motive, if we learn what the confrontation was about.

As well as NBC confirming it was NOT an AR type weapon used in the school.

Slowly, facts are coming out.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Yep.
Funny thing is that alot of people feel that having guns around the kids at school would expose the kids to guns,and exposing kids to violent guns could scar them and make them fear they might be in danger in school.
The violent video games it seems,do not negatively expose kids to gun violence though.
In this age,we are all in danger of being blown up,shot,poison gassed,ect... and the wealthy people know this and take what precautions they can to prevent the schools they use from these threats.
Public schools should have been following the same plan as the rich private schools long ago.

You have stated you would be willing to pay extra property taxes to protect the children with armed guards.

Would you be willing to spend an equal extra amaount in property taxes to better the education they receive?

Would you also be willing to pay an equal extra amount in taxes for better access to mental health care?

Lastly, why are you so jealous of rich kids? Your posts are starting to "sound" like equality for all. Very surprising to see your communist side come out.

Still waiting for you to tell me how " YOU " are going to deal with a nutter with a gun that is trying to kill you and your loved ones...;)

Killler

I've managed to get to retirement age without living in fear like you.

You've managed to make it to retirement age because there are people out there who risk their lives and run towards the danger while you pretend it doesn't exist.
Trail mix? Oh, you mean M&M's with obstacles.

Still waiting for you to tell me how " YOU " are going to deal with a nutter with a gun that is trying to kill you and your loved ones...;)

Killler

You've managed to make it to retirement age because there are people out there who risk their lives and run towards the danger while you pretend it doesn't exist.

Indeed, we have a small police force in my community. My property taxes are used to support it.

You have stated you would be willing to pay extra property taxes to protect the children with armed guards.

Would you be willing to spend an equal extra amaount in property taxes to better the education they receive?

Would you also be willing to pay an equal extra amount in taxes for better access to mental health care?

Lastly, why are you so jealous of rich kids? Your posts are starting to "sound" like equality for all. Very surprising to see your communist side come out.

Sorry you chose to ignore the sarcasm (which I pointed out purposely earlier)

The hypocrisy of those against guns protecting children is evident

As for education? NO, no more money is needed
Removal of teacher unions and giving control back to the local communities would be more than enough to fix it. More money today just gives more money to unions and therefore democrats who protect them

The mental health issue was placed on its current path by liberal judges who said those with mental issues were people too. What we got today is a result of those rulings

Again, the answer is not money

Money is just an excuse to NOT put armed protection for children in schools
And your post also demonstrates the hypocritical position of libs who would spend money on useless things but ignore protecting children because of a political ideology that is anti gun And that my friend is shameful at best
Abraham Lincoln

Killler

+1
Abraham Lincoln

Killler

Indeed, we have a small police force in my community. My property taxes are used to support it.

So YOU are willing to spend money to protect you and your property. And then fight spending money to protect children

Whining selfishness on display
Abraham Lincoln

So YOU are willing to spend money to protect you and your property. And then fight spending money to protect children

Whining selfishness on display

The point is there is no need for guards in the schools, armed or otherwise, if there are kids in private (or public) schools who might be a victim of kidnapping or something like that becuaswe of who their parents are then yes they probably need protection that other kids don't.

There are more people poisoned every year in the US then there have ever been killed in mass shootings.

American society is damaged to such an extent that more or less guns won't make any difference to anything at this stage.

I have no problem with teachers being allowed carry if they want to but I still don't think its necessary, if you don't trust your kids teacher with a gun then why do you let them teach your kids? It still wont really protect anything imo as the shooters will just target the teachers first.

Even if armed guards are put in schools it isn't like they are going to be the delta force, one or two fat wanabe cops with guns will just be the first to die from a bullet to the back of the head by any shooter with a modicom of intelligence.

Its the psychology of a society that breeds people who feel their only solution is to grab a gun that is the problem.

edit; my grandfather was a long standing member of the police force in Ireland, member of the flying squad and was one of the few at the time who was permitted to carry a gun but most of the time he chose not to. IIRC he was in a situation were he was unarmed with criminals / terrorists pointing guns at him twice in his career and he is convinced that the only reason he wasn't shot is because they knew he was not armed and the consequences for them to do it were so great (killing a police officer in Ireland was the last crime you could get the death penalty for in a long time) but mainly he was convinced it was because he was unarmed.

You can never go back the road you have gone down with weapons and I think it is totally futile to try and I personally wouldnt want you to as I enjoy guns but just because a gun is the blunt instrument somebody used to do something terrible does not mean the solution is as simple as more or less guns, it is far far more intricate than that.

The genie is certainly out of the bottle in the USA as far as number of guns is concerned.

That, however, is no excuse for defending a situation where it is TRIVIALLY EASY for a crazy person to get hold of a semi-automatic weapon and thousands of rounds of ammo.

That, however, is no excuse for defending a situation where it is TRIVIALLY EASY for a crazy person to get hold of a semi-automatic weapon and thousands of rounds of ammo.

so let's make a law against it.

or better yet... ban sales all together.

Hold on... I need to go buy some pot and some meth.
--
Rob

so let's make a law against it.

or better yet... ban sales all together.

Hold on... I need to go buy some pot and some meth.

OH - BE SERIOUS! You know you have to ban the manufacturing as well.

Oh, Wait.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Again, the answer is not money

Really, all hese armed guards are going to be volunteers?

As for education? NO, no more money is needed

Only in America is there a discussion about spending money to put guns in school, but a steadfast refusal to spend money on better education

And your post also demonstrates the hypocritical position of libs who would spend money on useless things

I know, compared to guns, health care and education are pretty useless.

And that my friend is shameful at best

Yes it is.

No need for guards? I think the parents of 20 kids might disagree

As distasteful as it is to say, it dosnt really matter what they do or don't disagree with.

A law student once said something to me like hard cases make bad law.

The parents get no more or less say then they had before this tragedy.

There is a correct answer to the problem, I don't know what it is accept to say that it probably involves some sort of stricter control over people with psychiatric problems and their access to guns in the short term and an examination of how your society treats people on its fringes in the medium term. I do know that you will never find the solution if everyone behaves like they do here.