timgaines

Two firefighters shot dead at blaze

Two quotes --
“The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it." ~JFK
“Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future.” ~also JFK

FWIW, those were both written by Ted Sorenson.

I'll take your word for it. I've edited my comment to reflect that information.

But, as you keep telling us, Counselor, crazy people have the right...

And as you keep demonstrating, you completely fail to comprehend what was said....again.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Spengler was convicted in 1981 of first-degree manslaughter in the death of his grandmother and had been released on supervised parole, Pickering said.

Ove 30 years ago and just let out on parole? Damn! I wonder what his sentence was.

Police Chief Pickering is Stating that mental illness is the issue.

Yeas, and I'm sure that the Chief, like you, is qualified to make that determination. Right.

Avoid a background check with trivial ease? Not to buy a gun legally. But a criminal will buy a stolen gun, illegally, from a street seller all day long.

Matt

Bingo...the gun-o-phobes just simply cannot grasp that concept.

Spengler was convicted in 1981 of first-degree manslaughter in the death of his grandmother and had been released on supervised parole, Pickering said.

Ove 30 years ago and just let out on parole? Damn! I wonder what his sentence was.

This happened about 8 or 9 miles from our Home...[:/]:(

it occured around 5 or 6 in the morning, while it was still dark..On the morning of Christmas Eve, which just makes it that much more heinous.....

Locally aired press conference, where the Chief of Police addressed the cameras and then fielded questions, yielded SOME further details...

Yes. he was convicted of killing in 1981 ( manslaughter, i believe )
He served 17 years in NYS prison....
was released in 1998 onto "supervised parole". so 17 years "getting rehabilitated"
Apparently the supervison ended in 2006...
and so,
He's been pretty much out there on his own since then. Reports say his Mom died this past October, and he lived with a sister apparently at the longtime family home...

sisters wherabouts still undetermined
Cops think he started a fire,,, in a car and in a Home, and then he stationed himself at a place with a good line to the area.. firing, when first responders arrived...
The area went into immediate lock-down.. and the fire was NOT addressed because of it...Fire spread to 6 or 7 nearby homes....most heavily damaged.
Shooter fled the immedaite area and was located some time later.
self inflicted gunshot wound to the head...The damaged and charred homes are being inspected for possible further victims...[:/]including the sister:(

W
T
F
?????? >:(

Yeas, and I'm sure that the Chief, like you, is qualified to make that determination. Right.

He's certainly more qualified than you are.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Which proves you and the Chief have the same superiority complex mind set
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Take some lessons in logic and report back when you know something.

Avoid a background check with trivial ease? Not to buy a gun legally. But a criminal will buy a stolen gun, illegally, from a street seller all day long.

Matt

Bingo...the gun-o-phobes just simply cannot grasp that concept.

Bingo - Andy misses the point yet again. Quite deliberately, I'm sure.

Logic?

I think you can report back once you get your mind reading machine perfected.

Until that time, you and the President and many gun o phobes, think only those who think as you do can tell who should be armed and who should not. Thankfully, neither your nor the President have that kind of power. yet

But we know he is working on it with your support
Abraham Lincoln

I just saw this on the wire. This is disgusting...

So, a former convict who was released after murdering a family member. Those gun laws sure kept that bad guy from getting guns, huh???

Why the surprise, the gun lobby has rendered the gun laws useless.

The clear solution is for the NRA to pay to put an armed guard on every fire truck.

What a useless reply... Such a wonder I rarely ever post in this forum. Aren't you supposed to be a Phd or something? I'd expect a better retort from someone of your education level. Rant on. You'll get nowhere.

So, a former convict who was released after murdering a family member. Those gun laws sure kept that bad guy from getting guns, huh???

The clear solution is for the NRA to pay to put an armed guard on every fire truck.

What a useless reply... Such a wonder I rarely ever post in this forum. Aren't you supposed to be a Phd or something? I'd expect a better retort from someone of your education level. Rant on. You'll get nowhere.

It's the toothless gun laws that are useless, courtesy of the loopholes demanded by the gun lobby.

Logic?

Until that time, you and the President and many gun o phobes, think only those who think as you do can tell who should be armed and who should not. Thankfully, neither your nor the President have that kind of power. yet

I do indeed know who should not be armed: felons and crazy folks. You, OTOH, seem to have no problem with loonies with guns.

Logic?

I do indeed know who should not be armed: felons and crazy folks. You, OTOH, seem to have no problem with loonies with guns.

Oh, I have the same problems with that scenario that you do. I know however, that you like to mislead and distort the positions of pro gun groups to try and make yourself look more reasonable and informed on the topic and possible solutions

But I find you more amusing than anything else

I get the vision of a blow fish trying to scare away a predator. :D

But, the blow fish can be dangerous too so it can not totally be ignored
Abraham Lincoln

It's the toothless gun laws that are useless, courtesy of the loopholes demanded by the gun lobby.

Can you please spell out these loop holes? And who lobbied for them?

The Gun show one we have already proven false, or at very least, incorrectly represented for political gain.

Private Citizens can sell to one another, maybe there is a way to ensure that is done with less chance of a felon getting a weapon, opening the data base up to the private seller maybe?

Maybe stop allowing lobbyist the ability to lower sentences and reinstating violent offenders rights would be a help as well.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

stop allowing lobbyist the ability to lower sentences

I wasn't aware of this. What factual instances are you referring to?

Criminal rights groups who claim a sentence, well all punishment, is unfair and inhuman.

I am using Lobbyist in the context as the Professor.

Matt

I spent 31 years riding fire trucks. We had bullet proof vests under our seats just in case. We always hoped the police would roll with us into the rough areas. We were shot at on numerous occasions.

I have seen over 100 people shot in that time.

Gun violence in America is out of hand.

Carry on...

Can you please spell out these loop holes? And who lobbied for them?

The Gun show one we have already proven false,

INCORRECT. In 33 states private sales at gun shows are not required to have a NICS check. 17 states are smart enough to require a NICS check but the NRA lobbies against such laws. Example, Minnesota.

Private Citizens can sell to one another, maybe there is a way to ensure that is done with less chance of a felon getting a weapon, opening the data base up to the private seller maybe?

Maybe stop allowing lobbyist the ability to lower sentences and reinstating violent offenders rights would be a help as well.

Matt

You have just spelled out one for yourself.

And who lobbied - well, the NRA for a start lobbied against a bill in MN requiring private sales at gun shows to have a NICS check. The NRA also lobbied to have records of NICS checks destroyed.

I said I thought there was a place to make Private Sales subject to the NCIS Check by opening it up to the seller. You're the one calling it a loop hole, I am not. Private sales are private sales.

I have been to many gun shows, not all of course, and all Businesses selling guns had to run an NCIS check for a sale, private gun sales did not happen on the show grounds as it is posted not too, but that is your assertion they are. The gun show producers i spoke with, say that even if the law doesn't require it, their insurance does. They even have staff to wonder and make sure of this. This loop hole, is being sensationalized by Piers and many others.

I am sure some do make a private sale at a show, as in all things, someone will break the rules.

But, why keep the check if the person passed?

Matt

I said I thought there was a place to make Private Sales subject to the NCIS Check by opening it up to the seller. You're the one calling it a loop hole, I am not. Private sales are private sales.

I have been to many gun shows, not all of course, and all Businesses selling guns had to run an NCIS check for a sale, private gun sales did not happen on the show grounds as it is posted not too, but that is your assertion they are. The gun show producers i spoke with, say that even if the law doesn't require it, their insurance does. They even have staff to wonder and make sure of this. This loop hole, is being sensationalized by Piers and many others.

I am sure some do make a private sale at a show, as in all things, someone will break the rules.

But, why keep the check if the person passed?

Matt

So there is a HUGE loophole that allows disqualified people to buy firearms without a NICS check. Calling it anything but a loophole is intellectually dishonest.