kallend

Fiscal Cliff

I'm going to guess that they are going to find a last-minute, short-term, "band-aid" fix.

Interesting interview that has shown up on facebook:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/best-moment-ever-or-over-the-top-cnbc-anchor-takes-dem-senator-to-task-for-fiscal-cliff-charades/

"Are you guys incompetent or what?"

Duh-huh. Is water wet? Is the sky blue?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I'm going to guess that they are going to find a last-minute, short-term, "band-aid" fix.

Interesting interview that has shown up on facebook:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/best-moment-ever-or-over-the-top-cnbc-anchor-takes-dem-senator-to-task-for-fiscal-cliff-charades/

"Are you guys incompetent or what?"

Duh-huh. Is water wet? Is the sky blue?

And when they do that they can claim that the fact the bill is filled with things they didn't want was a necessary evil to avoid the cliff thus saving them from thw wrath of their constituents. Such a broken government we have.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Well? Are we going over?

Putting the "fun" in "dysfunctional"...

This is another self-inflicted wound that is not needed. Some band-aids will get put on and both sides will blame the other. The root cause of the problems will remain unresolved.

If the US goes into recession in 2013, the politician's who are putting ideology before their own country should be voted out at the next opportunity...

Merry Christmas - Hope Congress enjoys their lump of coal.

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

If the US goes into recession in 2013, the politician's who are putting ideology before their own country should be voted out at the next opportunity...

Our President isn't too worried about that.

Then again, I don't think it's his job to fix it. I actually don't have a problem with him being elsewhere and leaving Congress to do its job.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Then again, I don't think it's his job to fix it. I actually don't have a problem with him being elsewhere and leaving Congress to do its job.

Aren't all such bills supposed to originate in the House?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Aren't all such bills supposed to originate in the House?

That is the rumor, and then they are supposed to be compromised with the Senates bill. According to the Senate Majority "Leader", the House Bills wont pass, and the House "Leader" claims the Senate wont debate their House passed bills. It almost looks like the clog is the Senate Majority "Leader" right now. That and the fact neither side has pulled their heads out of their collective asses in many many many years.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Really. Tell us about the bill that Boehner sent to the Senate.

There are apparently 200~ that even NPR mentioned have not made it to the Senate floor.

But if you're talking about "Plan B" it failed in the House, not even a vote, (but this you know) and Reid said He WOULDN'T bring it up on the Senate, fucked either way, since we have TWO ASSHATS as "Leaders" in the Legislation.

Reid and Boehner need to be replaced.

Matt

'Speaker John Boehner and other House Republican leaders held a conference call Wednesday to discuss a possible pathway around the fiscal cliff. The GOP leaders released a statement that indicated they are waiting on the Senate to pass legislation, so that the House can then consider and amend the two bills that “would avert the fiscal cliff if enacted.”'

Seems to me that this is contradictory to Article I Section 7 of the US Constitution.

I do not know where the quote came from, as it is not credited.

The House has sent Bills, the Senate doesn't vote on them. TWO ASSHATS. Reid even went on TV blaming the House for the mess, Boehner issued a statement from Ohio, blaming back. TWO ASSHATS.

Why do you defend one and not the other? They are doing the same thing, playing Political Games, acting like children, and blaming each other for their lack of REAL Leadership.

Even NPR acknowledges that Reid "wins" when we go over the cliff, why? Because he can then propose to "lower" tax rates, by less than they went up of course, even CNN and FOX are parroting NPR! Woah!:o

Are the "two bills" in your quote, the already passed House Bill, and the yet to be passed Senate Bill, they would need to be amended and then re-voted on? You know that whole process.

Interesting, you point out Art 1 Sec 7, would it mean that Bills first passed in the Senate and then the House are not legal?

Matt

I do not know where the quote came from, as it is not credited.

The House has sent Bills, the Senate doesn't vote on them.

Please provide a link to the bill sent by the House. Boehner couldn't even get his OWN party to vote for his proposal.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-house-passes-fiscal-cliff-bill-aimed-pressuring-234744353--business.html

Apparently since it wasn't the "Plan B" failure, it wasn't news. It would appear, it is now in Harry's hands.

But to be honest, the Senate passes Bills all the time, out of sequence it would appear, and the House plays politics with them too. But right now, the ball is back in the Senate.

Matt

http://news.yahoo.com/u-house-passes-fiscal-cliff-bill-aimed-pressuring-234744353--business.html

Apparently since it wasn't the "Plan B" failure, it wasn't news. It would appear, it is now in Harry's hands.

And since it failed to mention revenues it is not, of course, a solution. Plan B failed. Boehner's problem, not Reids, not Obama's.

Article I Section. 7.

All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives

Well, we have made progress, there is a House Bill in the Senate, waiting.

Currently there are two passed bills, one from each house, the "Plan A" if you will from the house of Reps, the Senate has tabled it. The Senate Bill has been tabled by the House of Reps, as well. Again TWO ASSHATS. This is where we are supposed to see the two come together and do the reconciliation, instead, it is the three way cluster fuck of politics.

Of course the major issue is spending. It is nice to see the Senate start to acknowledge that as well.

In the end; We lose and the Senate "Leader" "Wins".

Matt

Well, we have made progress, there is a House Bill in the Senate, waiting.

Currently there are two passed bills, one from each house, the "Plan A" if you will from the house of Reps, the Senate has tabled it. The Senate Bill has been tabled by the House of Reps, as well. Again TWO ASSHATS. This is where we are supposed to see the two come together and do the reconciliation, instead, it is the three way cluster fuck of politics.

Of course the major issue is spending. It is nice to see the Senate start to acknowledge that as well.

In the end; We lose and the Senate "Leader" "Wins".

Matt

The House bill on taxes is clearly a non starter as it just retains the damage done by the Bush tax cuts and has NO revenue increases. Irresponsible in the extreme.

Boehner needs to get his Tea Partiers in line and pass something that has a chance of success.

That may be tough, as Harry has said he wont' present anything from he House he didn't first approve of.

But at least we have acknowledged the House did pass and send a Bill to the Senate.

They are still two ASSHATS.

Matt

The fiscal cliff will be encouraged so that the dems can blame the ending of long term unemployment bennies on the conservatives.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun