Skyrad

If AR15s are banned will the cops be fighting owners in the streets?

Not that I really think it would happen but if the POTUS managed to ban AR15s would the cops find themselves in street fights with the populous when they went to confiscate them?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Not that I really think it would happen but if the POTUS managed to ban AR15s would the cops find themselves in street fights with the populous when they went to confiscate them?

Banned does not necessarily mean confiscated, California banned the sale of "assault" style weapons years ago. If you already owned one you were grandfathered in, they just banned the sale after a certain date.

I do not mean to ignore your question so I only want to inject this

Even the CA Senators ban/bad bill grandfathers all sold prior to the bill being signed

should not be an issue
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Why schools? I really don't get it (Thankfully)

In the California incident, the students that were shot were Asian immigrants. Purdy was a racist xenophobe.

Columbine, Paarl, San Deigo, Cleveland were all students that did the shooting.

I don't know about this latest one.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

In the California incident, the students that were shot were Asian immigrants. Purdy was a racist xenophobe.

Hmm

so someone would leave a known reason/motive out of a post to gain an advantage

Really?
Abraham Lincoln

Hmm

Really?

What do you mean Marc?
I don't play semantics games, I don't play "gotcha" games, I don't play "I know you are, but what am I" games.

I really don't know the motive behind the Sandy Hook shooting. The hysteria, overreaction and overall bullshit surrounding it; along with the usual suspects making the usual incorrect statements about guns and gun laws just make my blood pressure go up. So I haven't been listening to a lot of news about it. And I haven't read each and every post in all the threads about it for the exact same reasons.
The only thing I've heard is that the shooter was angry because he thought his mother was going to have him committed, but I haven't heard confirmation of it.

Skyrad is one of the more reasonable folks on here. I don't always agree with him, but he doesn't play any of the above listed games either. He asked a question, I tried to answer it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Hmm

Really?

What do you mean Marc?
I don't play semantics games, I don't play "gotcha" games, I don't play "I know you are, but what am I" games.

I really don't know the motive behind the Sandy Hook shooting. The hysteria, overreaction and overall bullshit surrounding it; along with the usual suspects making the usual incorrect statements about guns and gun laws just make my blood pressure go up. So I haven't been listening to a lot of news about it. And I haven't read each and every post in all the threads about it for the exact same reasons.
The only thing I've heard is that the shooter was angry because he thought his mother was going to have him committed, but I haven't heard confirmation of it.

Skyrad is one of the more reasonable folks on here. I don't always agree with him, but he doesn't play any of the above listed games either. He asked a question, I tried to answer it.

Sorry

It was a way to make a point that was not aimed at you. I was referring to someone using an incident (like the one you listed) but leaving out the known reason for that persons attack

so I was trying to make a point how some will use less than fact to gain advantage

The tragety you listed totally different than what happened at Sandy Hook

again sorry I was not clear
Abraham Lincoln

That would be likely in certain areas.

It would also be highly likely that the local law enforcement in those same areas wouldn't actually enforce that law. It would be left up to the Feds to do the rights violating.

At least that's the feel I've had from talking to a number of police officers from various parts of Texas.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hi Chris. Grandfathering in already owned weapons has usually been the case, as in California and the '94 AWB. However, I saw an article the other day on one of the news websites where Dianne Feintstein was stating that in the bill she plans on presenting, there will be no grandfathering. She said she wants to close that loophole and get all of them off of the street. I don't think the rest of Congress will go along with that, which would be wise. That is probably one thing that would cause the streets to run with blood. People might put up with no new sales, but most won't give up what they have without a fight. The article was on one of the major news websites, but I can't remember which one it was. Sorry, or I would send a link to the site.

I do not mean to ignore your question so I only want to inject this

Even the CA Senators ban/bad bill grandfathers all sold prior to the bill being signed

should not be an issue

Ya

Why do you hate grandfathers?

Leave mine alone.

Hey Fred, I think your'e right about the confiscation of assaut weapons ( or any weapons for that matter) it would be hard enough to ban the sale, let alone confiscate assault style weapons. I think they may copy California, no large detachable clips, no private sales without a waiting period and mandatory background checks.

Feinstein will at times make really stupid comments, she never would have enough support in her own party let alone with the GOP to confiscate weapons.

Thanks, in which case by removing unsupervised access to firearms to people in school would be a very good move. If the majority of these shootings are being perpetrated by youth then it makes little sense to try and remove the firearms from the hands of those least likely to misuse them.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Hey Fred, I think your'e right about the confiscation of assaut weapons ( or any weapons for that matter) it would be hard enough to ban the sale, let alone confiscate assault style weapons. I think they may copy California, no large detachable clips, no private sales without a waiting period and mandatory background checks.

Feinstein will at times make really stupid comments, she never would have enough support in her own party let alone with the GOP to confiscate weapons.

which is pretty much why the whole idea of banning is idiotic....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

LAW ABIDING CITIZENS do not fight cops in the street, or anywhere else.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hi Dave,

the local law enforcement in those same areas wouldn't actually enforce that law.

You are probably too young to remember the gasoline crisis of the mid-70's. The feds said to lower the speed limits to no more than 55 MPH. Some states said "NO.' Montana, that had no limit during the daytime, was the last state to comply.

Why? Because the feds said that they would pull all of Montana's highway funds that they get from the feds. Montana complied on the very last day before they would lose that federal money.

I bet your boss, if faced with losing his federal money, would enforce such a law. Or maybe he wouldn't.

IMO money talks; you might not like it, but such is life.

JerryBaumchen

frankly if the law to ban and confiscate is unconstitutional, then not allowing them to have your guns would not be against the law. If they wanted to force it, then they are taking your property, and you would be justified to defend it. Especially if they were entering your house.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

This is just paranoid gun loving hysteria. The cops wouldn't be going door to door raiding peoples homes for their stockpiled weapons.

It would be much more likely in the case of an overwhelming ban on firearms, that a buyback is issued by the Fed.....paying you some predetermined market value for your property.

MOST law abiding people would sell them back, but there will still be tens of millions of weapons not turned over.

Those weapons will slowly work their way out of circulation as they come into contact with govt.

I.E. your house catches fire and the fire dept notices you have some rifles.....or, your mom or dad dies and you inherit a bunch of (now illegal) firearms you don't have a desire to possess.....etc.

What they won't do is start kicking in the doors of people searching for guns, anyone who thinks that.....certainly shouldn't be taken seriously in this discussion.

This isn't Syria, or 1930's Germany.

'Mericans are going to scream and shout...and do nothing.
Except for a few isolated cases around here or there,
And then..and THEN people will be calling the fighters nutjobs for standing up or the Bill of Rights. And then you'll have the Kallend Krowd who will be fusing about obeying the law by not standing up.
[:/]>:(
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

frankly if the law to ban and confiscate is unconstitutional, then not allowing them to have your guns would not be against the law. If they wanted to force it, then they are taking your property, and you would be justified to defend it. Especially if they were entering your house.

The decision on whether a law to ban assault rifles is unConstitutional is not yours to make. You have to assume it's Constitutional until a court declares otherwise.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.