quade

When attempting to make a point, try not to be a complete asshole.

Agreed

and there are plenty of examples to be had

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FVQgLkbLjQ
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

That's just up the road from me. We also had the local high school (where my girlfriend works) on lockdown for part of the day yesterday because a bullet was found in the boy's bathroom. After twitter/facebook rumors of the school being shot up went around over the weekend. It has been a tense week.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

So you think it's just fine to jail a homeless guy, without bond for acting scary?

Are you serious?

Well, I guess when you think it's OK to kill Americans with drones, without due process, that this attitude shouldn't come as a surprise.

I wonder if it occured to this idiot Judge that a homeless guy, sleeping on the beach, perhaps has mental problems and hasn't even heard about the recent violence towards children. But hey, lock them up, that'll show'em. We need to keep having these knee-jerk reactions to make ourselves feel safer. :S:S

This Judge should be fired.

So you think it's just fine to jail a homeless guy, without bond for acting scary?

Are you serious?

Well, I guess when you think it's OK to kill Americans with drones, without due process, that this attitude shouldn't come as a surprise.

I wonder if it occured to this idiot Judge that a homeless guy, sleeping on the beach, perhaps has mental problems and hasn't even heard about the recent violence towards children. But hey, lock them up, that'll show'em. We need to keep having these knee-jerk reactions to make ourselves feel safer. :S:S

This Judge should be fired.

I saw this the other day

I dont care if this guy is an idiot (which he is) but no bond? For just acting out

I dont get it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Agreed with the overreaction of no bond, but is it at all dissimilar to going into a crowded theater and yelling "FIRE!"? That is inciting panic and is illegal.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

"Hurley, reading from a police report, said the kids were playing when Burch approached the fence and began 'screaming in a very aggressive manner. One of the teachers observed Burch create a high level of fear in the 22 children.' "

quoted from the second article. That seems a little beyond "acting scary".
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

"Hurley, reading from a police report, said the kids were playing when Burch approached the fence and began 'screaming in a very aggressive manner. One of the teachers observed Burch create a high level of fear in the 22 children.' "

Burch was later found by Rhodes in a wooded area near the school, Hurley added.

quoted from the second article. That seems a little beyond "acting scary".

It sounds like he was on the opposite side of a fence the whole time, and went back into the woods after everyone ran away. The part of the article I find interesting is the following...

The judge noted that “the children and the teacher and the employee there, they were all in a heightened state of fear. And the backdrop to this is obviously what had just happened in Connecticut, where all those children were killed.

“So these children were in a unique position of emotional vulnerability, which never really probably ended until people knew that this man was apprehended,” Hurley said.

A "unique position of emotional vulnerability?" Really? What the hell does that mean and what does it have to do, legally speaking, with what this guy did or what his punishment should be?