ryoder

Westboro Baptist "Church"...again

The Patriot Guard Riders are not able to respond but, I'll bet some of the members will be around under other auspices.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The Patriot Guard Riders are not able to respond but, I'll bet some of the members will be around under other auspices.

Is it because the P.G.R's only do Military Funerals? If so it's understandable but too bad at the same time that an exception could not be made here.

Yes, the PGR only participate in military, veteran and first responder funerals at the request of the family.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Is it because the P.G.R's only do Military Funerals? If so it's understandable but too bad at the same time that an exception could not be made here.

Yes, the PGR only participate in military, veteran and first responder funerals at the request of the family.

I'd be willing to go up there with my Harley to counter these idiots. If any PGR's want to make an unofficial appearance as a public service, I'm in.

I'm so sickened by all the blame that's being thrown around by so many (blame the gun owners, blame the atheists, etc., etc.), that by now the Westboro picketers just seem to be a mild extension of the general hate that's being thrown around in the name of these events.

If this one doesn't get one or more of them killed, I don't know what will.>:(

Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Seems WBC got the attention of "Anonymous": http://www.inquisitr.com/440545/anonymous-hacks-the-westboro-baptist-church-posts-all-their-personal-information/

The personal info: http://www.anonpaste.me/anonpaste2/index.php?65e2832b96b888e3#Uxqr8wrq3ljskOY76+ubZQvSmcEtYCbIfZBqWpaGcMI=
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

People should be careful not to project the same hate on Westboro that they project on others. To do so means someone is no better than them.

At least for the time being, we have the freedom to protest and to demonstrate to make a statement as long as we don't break any laws. As offensive as I find them, they have a Constitutional right to express themselves.

People should be careful not to project the same hate on Westboro that they project on others. To do so means someone is no better than them.

No, one can show the same hate and still be on a much higher moral plane. You just can't engage in physical violence or threat thereof.

People could picket the hotels that give them rooms, show up to the funerals of their loved ones, and counter protest all they want.

But I do see Westboro as a bit desparate for attention these days, so ignoring them does have some merit, but only if you could convince the media to stop giving them attention.

I put them in with all the other complete assholes whose freedom of speech is just as important as mine.

Dammit.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

At least for the time being, we have the freedom to protest and to demonstrate to make a statement as long as we don't break any laws. As offensive as I find them, they have a Constitutional right to express themselves.

Don't do anything with WBC. Let them stand out there in the open and show their true colors. Don't do PGR, don't do this 'Angel' thing to block them people are talking about in the media.

Let them be out there in the open in all their 'glory.' Only then will everyone know what they are truly about.

Yep. For precisely this reason I'm against "hate speech" laws. (Well, that and that whole 1st Amendment thing.)

I'm looking forward to one of them dying so we can picket their funeral;

"Thank God for Dead Bigots!"

B|

I'll picket Fred Phelps' funeral and carry a sign that "God killed Fred Phelps because he's a fag."

I'll be right next to you carrying a sign saying "God hates the Phelps Family and they're all going to Hell"

This is just wishful thinking but... you know the scene from the movie "The Patriot" where British Colonel Tavington forces the entire town's folks into the church and barricaded the windows and doors, then set it on fire? That's what the Westboro Baptist people deserves. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

http://www.queerty.com/kkk-members-stand-up-to-westboro-protest-at-arlington-natl-cemetary-20121217/

From another article on the same topic: When the KKK steps in as the voice of reason, you know you are dealing with the bottom-of-the-barrel crazy.:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Since your one dimensional thought protocol will conform not to any modern logic, we will not debate or attempt to reason with you…instead we have unanimously deemed your organization to be harmful to the population of the United States of America and have therefore decided to execute an agenda of action which will progressively dismantle your institution of deceitful pretext and extreme bias.

Since your one dimensional thought protocol will conform not to any modern logic, we will not debate or attempt to reason with you…instead we have unanimously deemed your organization to be harmful to the population of the United States of America and have therefore decided to execute an agenda of action which will progressively dismantle your institution of deceitful pretext and extreme bias.

Sounds like a heavy message. It will be interesting, at least to me, to see what they actually do.