Gravitymaster

I Really Hope This Story is Wrong

What exactly is a 'gun-o-phobe'?

He means someone suffering from hoplophobia, I guess he doesn't know that much about you:D:D:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

You and Kallend sound exactly like the oppressive ideology our founders had in mind when they wrote the 2nd amendment.

Address the reasons people feel they need to own a gun first and you will see the number of gun owners decrease. Until then, you only seek to deny honset law abiding people the means to defend themselves that they deem necessary.

The only ones blind are you and kallend

I am just thankful that the founding fathers were worried about those who think as you do and made it extremely difficult for you to push the type of agenda those like you would

Do as you will in your country

as for ours?

With my agenda there'd be less massacres; but that's not as important as the right to carry a gun is it? :S

Ah yes

Now we see the arrogance and future seeing abilities of a gun o phobe

Gun bans are working well in Chicago, dont you think?

Chicago's gun ban was overturned by SCOTUS. Gun homicides are UP this year.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I am just thankful that the founding fathers were worried about those who think as you do and made it extremely difficult for you to push the type of agenda those like you would

as for ours?

With my agenda there'd be less massacres; but that's not as important as the right to carry a gun is it? :S

Ah yes

And it was overturned at the END of this year. Not in January... Not to mention the fact that they have six months to write the new laws.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

I really wish there was a fix that would actually work

There is a fix, but realizing it will not be easy thanks to decades of decay. The fix is the restoration of family. Parents need to raise their children to be respectful self sufficient people who in turn will pass this on to their children, so on and so forth. Problem is, society is going the other way. How does a young adult pass on good life lessons to their children when they themselves likely had poor parents who did not pass these valuable lessons on to them.

Simplistic and irrelevant. This shooter was mentally ill. Most of the mass shooters have been.

as for ours?

Ah yes

And it was overturned at the END of this year. Not in January... Not to mention the fact that they have six months to write the new laws.

Nope, was overturned in June 2010.
articles.cnn.com/2010-06-28/justice/us.scotus.handgun.ban_1_justices-two-years-gun-control-justices-john-paul-stevens?_s=PM:CRIME

Lots of opinions but you aren't a very good with facts, are you?.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

as for ours?

Ah yes

please

stop feeding him:P
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Simplistic and irrelevant. This shooter was mentally ill. Most of the mass shooters have been.

+1
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Doesn't the lack of thinking skills by some in Speakers Corner just astound you?

Ya
But I have had my turns at it too

This is an emotional event

Some want to make is stop
They see guns as the issue
Remove the guns this will stop

Thats what happened here in the UK... It didn't work.

Skyrad, maybe I'm reading this out of context, if so I'll apologise, but... if you're on about the UK ban on gun possession, when was the last time an individual massacred an amount of innocent people with a firearm here? Would it have been Hungerford with Michael Ryan and an AK-47, and then Dunblane, *before* the weapon ban? With nothing on such a scale afterwards??

Despite the UK having a completely different attitude towards gun ownership than America...the ban did work.

Gun laws won't ever completely eradicate gun crime; but a huge reduction in their proliferation through banning them will certainly make a very significant difference.

Other than Hungerford and Dunblane there wasn't any massacres involving guns in the UK (not including terrorist events) so to say that they stopped because of the ban is simply not correct. In the last couple of years we've had Derrick Bird and Raoul Moat not to mention the crimes involving illegal handguns which the ban has not stopped.

Its still legal to own rim fire semi automatic rifles which are lethal at the ranges typically discussed in these cases, still legal to own 5.56 straight pulls, section 1 shotguns etc. Yet we still haven't had a school shooting like Dunblane if guns were the problem we would have.
Like you said culture is the problem, until the USA sorts out its cultural and social issues these school attacks will keep happening.

I think you're missing a very important point. Bird and Moat used twin barrelled shotguns which aren't banned.

Imagine the death toll if they'd used semi-automatic weapon systems that *are* banned?

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'