Gravitymaster

I Really Hope This Story is Wrong

http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-china-stabbingsbre8bd065-20121213,0,5592318.story

Knife-wielding man injures 22 children in China

By Terril Yue JonesReuters
1:48 a.m. EST, December 14, 2012

BEIJING (Reuters) - A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary school in central China on Friday, state media reported, the latest in a series of attacks on schoolchildren in the country.

The man attacked the children at the gate of a school in Chenpeng village in Henan province, the Xinhua news agency reported.

Police arrested a 36-year-old man, identified as villager Min Yingjun, Xinhua said. It did not give further details of the extent of the injuries.

There have been a series of attacks on schools and schoolchildren around China in recent years, some by people who have lost their jobs or felt left out of the country's economic boom.

The rash of violence has prompted public calls for more measures to protect the young in a country where many couples only have one child.

In 2010, a man slashed 28 children, two teachers and a security guard in a kindergarten in eastern China.

The Chinese obviously have a problem with their culture. I predict these attacks with a knife will continue to become more frequent.

really?

The lack of logical thinking ability in the general Speaker's Corner population just astounds me. Now, let me say right off that i am not anti-gun. I was in the military, i was ranked expert on both the handgun and the rifle, and i used to own a handgun.

But really, can you not see the HUGE difference here? In a country that doesn't allow guns, 22 children were INJURED.

In a country that does, 20 children were KILLED.

Now assuming we can lump both attackers into the "crazy" category, simple logical analysis points straight out that no guns = lives spared while guns = lives lost.

pretty tough to spin it any other way.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

***No motive was given for the stabbings, which echo a string of similar assaults against schoolchildren in 2010 that killed nearly 20 and wounded more than 50. The most recent such attack took place in August, when a knife-wielding man broke into a middle school in the southern city of Nanchang and stabbed two students before fleeing.

In one of the worst incidents, a man described as an unemployed, middle-aged doctor killed eight children with a knife in March 2010 to vent his anger over a thwarted romantic relationship.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-attacks-22-kids-knife-china-school-article-1.1220230#ixzz2F49sUxRf

really?

The lack of logical thinking ability in the general Speaker's Corner population just astounds me. Now, let me say right off that i am not anti-gun. I was in the military, i was ranked expert on both the handgun and the rifle, and i used to own a handgun.

But really, can you not see the HUGE difference here? In a country that doesn't allow guns, 22 children were INJURED.

Now assuming we can lump both attackers into the "crazy" category, simple logical analysis points straight out that no guns = lives spared while guns = lives lost.

Sorry, but the similarities are more frightening that any difference in what weapon was used

If you read down through the story you will see this is not an isolated case in chine IE kids being attacked in school

But there is something to think about here
The killer killed his mother here (in the school)

Now I dont know but it would appear that he went to kill his mother (as there are early reports he already killed is father and maybe brother)

That would suggest (and it is still very very early and it only a point to think about) the kids were where his mother was

That does not make this any less tragic
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Doesn't the lack of thinking skills by some in Speakers Corner just astound you?

Ya
But I have had my turns at it too

This is an emotional event

Some want to make is stop
They see guns as the issue
Remove the guns this will stop

The story you linked(and I linked it in the other thread earlier)
shows this not to be the case

But the anti gun nutters will be on full display tonight and tomorrow
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Doesn't the lack of thinking skills by some in Speakers Corner just astound you?

Here are most of the responses from SC in full automation:

https://twitter.com/FreeRepublicTXT

http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-china-stabbingsbre8bd065-20121213,0,5592318.story

BEIJING (Reuters) - A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary school in central China on Friday, state media reported, the latest in a series of attacks on schoolchildren in the country.

The man attacked the children at the gate of a school in Chenpeng village in Henan province, the Xinhua news agency reported.

Police arrested a 36-year-old man, identified as villager Min Yingjun, Xinhua said. It did not give further details of the extent of the injuries.

There have been a series of attacks on schools and schoolchildren around China in recent years, some by people who have lost their jobs or felt left out of the country's economic boom.

The rash of violence has prompted public calls for more measures to protect the young in a country where many couples only have one child.

In 2010, a man slashed 28 children, two teachers and a security guard in a kindergarten in eastern China.

The Chinese obviously have a problem with their culture. I predict these attacks with a knife will continue to become more frequent.

Did you notice the difference between 22 INJURED and 28 KILLED?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Here is another version of that same story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/china-school-attack_n_2298430.html

Here are some salient quotes from it.

The attacker, 36-year-old villager Min Yingjun, is now in police custody, said the officer, who declined to give her name, as is customary among Chinese civil servants.

A doctor at Guangshan's hospital of traditional Chinese medicine said that seven students had been admitted, but that none were seriously injured.

You're making a pathetic attempt at false equivalency here.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Instant NRA equalizer?
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

It's not the "same issue." Not by a long shot.

Not the same issue? WTF ... :S

A crazed man walked into a school in China with the intention of harming innocent children. A crazed man walked into a school in the US with the intention of harming innocent children. Sure guns are more efficient weapons than knives, but yes these two are the same. Neither the knife nor the gun woke up this morning and decided they wanted to harm children. What is this world coming to? It is the human who has gone over the edge, not the inanimate object.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

really?

You're wasting your breath, and just letting yourself be baited.

It is the human who has gone over the edge, not the inanimate object.

It is the inanimate object that enables the crazy person to easily carry out his plan.

This story that started this thread is a perfect example.

Same day, same sort of crazy person, two different weapons.

The difference? In one, children are injured and "none seriously." The other, 26 people die.

The inanimate object in question DOES make a difference.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

no guns = lives spared while guns = lives lost***

how are you going to get the guns out of criminals hands, all you will do is disarm law abiding people.

prohibition didnt work - people still got alcohol
war on drugs doesnt work - people still get drugs

make the guns illegal and the only people that will have them are the criminals / military / and police

if they were across the board made illegal they would still be available for purchase.

countries that dont allow firearms still have gun deaths due to the prohibited weapons.

that will never change

I really wish there was a fix that would actually work that didnt have to involve armed guards, but I see no other option that would even have a chance of actually working :(
I have a 10 yr old son and this shit scares the hell out of me.

Roy

I really hope the religious people are right and there is a hell and it truly lasts for eternity

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.