jakee

If a person in China, Iran or Syria has the same right to free speech as a person in the USA...

Tell the Coward ...

I hope you're neither this abrasive nor this obtuse in real life.

Don

Tell the Coward to reopen my thread.

And you're now on a week vacation.

It is the holidays after all.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Then why isn't the Constitution important?

P.S... that doesn't even make sense.

Here it is: You argue that protection of free speech via 1st is unneccessary because people have a 'natural' right to free speech. But you have also stated that people who live in countries where free speech is actively suppressed have the exact same 'natural' right to free speech.

Clearly, then, the 'natural' right to free speech means sod all when it comes to writing laws - so why isn't the 1st Amendment important?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I think his 1st amendment just got repealed...

Nope. He still has his freedom of speech. He can't be arrested or prosecuted for anything he's said.

This is a private site. Owned by South Africans, hosted on Canadian servers. (at least it used to be, it may have changed)

The rules are pretty clear. And not that hard to follow.

Read Quade's first post in the DB Cooper thread for a pretty clear statement on how things go around here.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I think his 1st amendment just got repealed...

Nope. He still has his freedom of speech. He can't be arrested or prosecuted for anything he's said.

This is a private site. Owned by South Africans, hosted on Canadian servers. (at least it used to be, it may have changed)

The rules are pretty clear. And not that hard to follow.

Read Quade's first post in the DB Cooper thread for a pretty clear statement on how things go around here.

Should a moderator moderate his own discussion, or would it maybe be better to have another mod handle that?

Should a moderator moderate his own discussion, or would it maybe be better to have another mod handle that?

If you're talking about the DB Cooper thread . . . it's actually the second thread. The first one had to be shut down due to people bickering. It's a long story.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver