dmcoco84

It is Time to Repeal the First Amendment [on topic]

So, I'm thinking there might be a little tweaking needed with how [on topic] threads work, or at least, are monitored...

Off topic I perceived, is more so the issue of threads being taken over by other topics, pointless arguing, or by the regular blame games over presidents and (progressive) D V R talking points.

There are a few posts I don't think needed to, or should have been deleted. Not a big deal, but if those should be deleted, there are some others that should also be deleted.

Will be interesting to see how this "progresses"... and with other topics, if I continue to use the thread type.

If that bit is hogwash, then so is the rest of the argument.

Ok... so lets address that.

That premise alone is ridiculous.

If I am correct... you are saying that premise is ridiculous, because there is no God. Right?

It's a nice bit of poetry in the Declaration of Independence, but it's utter hogwash in reality.

Have you not contradicted yourself?

Is the premise ridiculous and false, or have you changed your stance that the only reason those words are in the DOI, is because they were addressing the King, in relation to where he stated HIS power was derived.

A question:

Do citizens in all countries around the globe enjoy the same right to free speech as Americans?

That is not a yes or no answer...

...and involves discussion on the Two Treatises of Government; which with those I have asked if they have read it, go silent.

A question:

Do citizens in all countries around the globe enjoy the same right to free speech as Americans?

Here's a handy quick-reference:

Wikipedia article: Freedom of speech by country

LMAO!:D. From the Wiki article:

"The United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted in 1948, provides, in Article 19, that:

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers."

A question:

Of course it is. They either do or they don't.

(And considering your statement on the source of human rights, it should be an easy question to answer.)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

A question:

Of course it is. They either do or they don't.

(And considering your statement on the source of human rights, it should be an easy question to answer.)

Ok then, lets go there.

The answer, is Yes.

Natural rights and Human rights, are not the same thing.

Care to elaborate, because certainly nothing else on this planet has "rights" if they're not human. I have not, for instance, ever seen a duck take up a soapbox in a park. While ducks might have freedom of assembly, they don't have the right to an organized militia. As for search and seizure, regardless of the bill they have, well, they're literally sitting ducks.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

If that bit is hogwash, then so is the rest of the argument.

Ok... so lets address that.

That premise alone is ridiculous.

If I am correct... you are saying that premise is ridiculous, because there is no God. Right?

Do you believe yourself to be smarter than Benjamin Franklin?

Because that what your posts infer...

Care to elaborate, because certainly nothing else on this planet has "rights" if they're not human. I have not, for instance, ever seen a duck take up a soapbox in a park. While ducks might have freedom of assembly, they don't have the right to an organized militia. As for search and seizure, regardless of the bill they have, well, they're literally sitting ducks.

And here... you are inferring that you have either (still) not read, or could not understand, the Two Treatises of Government.

As I have said previously... you are trying to grade the test with the wrong answer sheet.

That is 100% on topic ...(God and Two Treatises of Government)... and if you don't answer the questions I presented to you, above... you are further showing your cowardice I have spoken about previously, and I will go back and finish my comments in your Global Warming thread.

If you think that premise is hogwash, you ARE saying Franklin is a moron and you are smarter than he. Along with, instead, addressing Natural rights, where common ground can be found, for those who don't believe in God.

And if you have read and understood the TToG... you would not be asking me that question about Natural rights.

I am proving my points.

I am proving my points.

My points, about YOU... Quade.

I have not proven my points about Original Intent yet, or provided the 1776 definition of Happiness (as Publius would have understood its meaning), in defining the Pursuit of Happiness.

This is the beginning of Coco's Classroom... and you won't even read the course material (The Founder's Revolutionary Ideas).

Maybe I can convince one of the other mods to ban you (Detention).

Actually, this is the end of Coco's classroom.

If you'd like to have a discussion, fine.

If you want to proselytize, play guessing games and launch personal attacks against anyone who disagrees with your concept of how the world should work, go start a blog somewhere else.

I'm locking this thread since you can't abide by the rules.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=142088
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver