CarpeDiem3

Ban Assault Weapons?

I'm curious, what is your personal motivation for your anti-gun stance? Did you have someone in your family that was shot to death?

I don't need to have suffered a gun tragedy to be against gun deaths.
I don't need to have suffered a highway tragedy to be against traffic deaths.
I don't need to have suffered a terrorist tragedy to be against terrorism deaths.

I'm curious, what is your personal motivation for your anti-gun stance? Did you have someone in your family that was shot to death?

I don't need to have suffered a terrorist tragedy to be against terrorism deaths.

Understood, so, just what is your personal motivation?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Humanity.

Funny... you can kill a helluva lot more people with a can of gas and a lighter. Ban gascans and fuel! Oh and lighters too!
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

Pass 'em all! Especially the assault weapon ban!

The DOJ stated before the ban that less the 3% of crimes were committed with guns that were later banned.

requiring the registration of certain long-range .50 caliber rifles, which are commonly referred to as “sniper” rifles."

Care to list how many crimes have been committed with these 50 cal 'sniper' rifles?

I'm in favor of taking a 3% drop in gun crime when I can get it. That's almost 1,000 lives.

.50 caliber rifles are great for terrorists and can bring down an airliner. We ought to ban 'em outright, but if you're not gonna do that, we ought to at least know where the heck they are, so that when one is used in a crime, we know who to suspect.

Brady Campaign:
"The campaign is also campaigning for the banning of specific high-powered rifles such as .50 caliber rifles. "According to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF)," it states, "the .50 caliber sniper rifle has a dangerous history of criminal misuse. This can only worsen as the weapon becomes cheaper and more readily available. BATF has linked .50 caliber BMG sniper rifles to drug dealers, international drug cartels, militia and terrorist groups and a religious cult. Additionally, a 1999 report by the General Accounting Office, 'Criminal Activity Associated with .50 Caliber Semiautomatic Rifles,' stated that of 27 traces involving the Barrett M82A1 (one of the most popular .50 caliber rifles on the market) 18 (66%) were associated with criminal activity."

------------------------------------------------------
What I would like to know is this...do you think just anyone can go out...pick up a Barrett M107 and then subsequently shoot an airplane out of the sky. For one: do you know it takes training to accurately fire a weapon like that, and ammo is already rediculous for this large a round. As in more than five dollars a pop. Bring out your best argument about how just anyone can go pick one of these up. Not to mention the last time I checked they were $12,000.00+.

What I would like to know is this...do you think just anyone can go out...pick up a Barrett M107 and then subsequently shoot an airplane out of the sky. For one: do you know it takes training to accurately fire a weapon like that, and ammo is already rediculous for this large a round. As in more than five dollars a pop. Bring out your best argument about how just anyone can go pick one of these up. Not to mention the last time I checked they were $12,000.00+.

Web site: http://www.barrett.net/

Oh look, they have a convenient "dealers" list to find their rifles for sale, they sell the ammo, they have training videos, and even in-person long-range training classes. $12k is nothing for a terrorist. Then all you need to do is go sit off the end of an airport runway somewhere and bag your game! Oh, I hope those noise-complaint nuts in Colorado aren't reading this...

You ever see WW2 videos and notice how many 50cal rounds were needed to bring down a zero and they were flying match boxes. Anytime somebody suggest that one can bring down a comercial plane with a bolt action or semiauto 50cal is just showing how litle they know about them.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Oh look, they have a convenient "dealers" list to find their rifles for sale, they sell the ammo, they have training videos, and even in-person long-range training classes. $12k is nothing for a terrorist. Then all you need to do is go sit off the end of an airport runway somewhere and bag your game! Oh, I hope those noise-complaint nuts in Colorado aren't reading this...

Yea 12k is "nothing" to a terrorist, hence why they resort to box cutters, retired russian/chinese surplus arms and IED's......:S

THANKS!!!

That was one website I wasn't familiar with. I've wanted one of these for year. I think I found one to replace my old single shot .50BMG. I know where my tax return is going now.

Ummm...are you now complaining because the manufacturer offers training so people will handle their weapons safely? Not sure on that one.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

For those who might be interested, I stumbled across this graphic while surfing the net for assault weapons for fun and profit.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

If the only designation there is for a 'sniper rifle' is a .50 cal. And subsequently banning all .50 cals from this day forward will end all 'sniper rifle' kills really wouldnt do squat. Of course you would forget about the .338 Lapua, the .308 .300 Winchester just to name a few. Personally a well trained sniper could do as much damage with a .338 Lapua.

News: Gov. Pat Quinn vows to pursue assault weapons ban

Quote: "An aide says Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn will "vigorously pursue" a ban on assault weapons even though the Senate rebuffed his attempt on Wednesday. The Senate voted 49-4 Wednesday to override Quinn's rewritten legislation to prohibit the sale or possession of semi-automatic rifles, high-capacity magazines and .50-caliber guns. Spokeswoman Brooke Anderson says the Democratic governor will continue seeking a statewide assault-weapons ban to enhance public safety."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/sns-ap-il-xgr--assault-weapons-20121128,0,4033425.story

Nice try, Gov. Quinn. Keep up the good work.

Humanity.

Are you suggesting that unless someone has suffered personally from some gun tragedy, that they should just not care about the issue? Leave it to only the victims to speak out?

so if your vag bleeds so profusely for the removal of all citizens guns why are you here posting all the time instead of actually doing something about it?

Because JR is just here stirring the pot, with the "oppositions" stir.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

youtube: Truth About "Assault Weapons"
A great video. It explains full vs semi auto, why semi autos may look scary or benign but act the same, then shows how the scary ones (banned by "assault weapons" laws) can be turned into nice looking ones: they're the exact same guns!
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

youtube: Truth About "Assault Weapons"
A great video. It explains full vs semi auto, why semi autos may look scary or benign but act the same, then shows how the scary ones (banned by "assault weapons" laws) can be turned into nice looking ones: they're the exact same guns!

That is a good video explanation, thanks. I hope some of the other posters view it.

Edit to add link: Changing Face of Gun Culture

http://cdn2.cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=32476&utm_source=chronicle&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20121201-chronicle-blogpost32476&utm_source=EmailDirect.com&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=20121201-Chronicle-Vol1Iss15+Campaign

Can anyone tell or PM me where to get the best deals on brass and bullets for .223? Going to get my old man some for Xmas so we can make a shit ton of rounds and shoot our semi-automatic weapons:ph34r:

I am not a reloader but, most of the time I find the best deal on ammo at Palmetto State Armory. Their shipping charges are usually the lowest.

http://palmettostatearmory.com