CarpeDiem3

Gun sales soar after Obama's re-election

fear doesn't mean what you suggest. You're making it the cause of any action anyone would ever take, when it is in fact: a painful emotion or passion excited by the expectation of evil, or the apprehension of impending danger; apprehension; anxiety; solicitude; alarm; dread.

But you know actually know this, which is why you're trying to label these people as fearful, since in your mind there is never a rational reason to buy a gun in the first place.

They are alarmed by the suggestion that Obama is going to take their guns or severaly restrict them.

Rational reasons (not limited to): hunting, sport shooting, collectors, etc.

Irrational Reasons (not limited to): Obama is going to take my guns, Obama got relected and he is going to open the borders with Mexico and they are all going to kill me, a Kenyan communist is going to declare himself king, etc.

>gun-o-phobes are those who have an irrational fear of guns.

And the people who cling to their guns, and are afraid Obama will grab them, have an irrational fear of government.

Both statements are about as accurate.

Nah...you forget that we do have a constitution.
You appear to be equating rights to fear...not good.

"Because you exercise your rights under the 2nd amendment, you have are afraid that Obama will grab your guns."

again, Nah.

And as an aside, I really don't think a fear of our goobermint is irrational...to much reality going on.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

gun-o-phobes are those who have an irrational fear of guns.

lol, funny to read in a thread about fear motivated increases in gun purchases.

Yes, particularly so when you assume these gun sales are driven by fear. You have to have that premise to validate your stance.

>And as an aside, I really don't think a fear of our goobermint is irrational..

Right. Seems like the right wingers think fear of government is rational, fear of guns is irrational. Left wingers think the exact opposite. Both sides tend to claim the other side are all a bunch of cowards - and both sides are wrong about that. (IMO.)

I have noticed this before in proponents of guns. They will twist and turn in incredible ways to avoid saying anything that could remotely be seen as negative or maybe even neutral.

....and you probably don't even recognize the irony in that. You are only going to hear what you want to hear.
[:/]
I particularly liked your statement about "...it's fear and you just won't admit it...."
:S:D:D

The last four years have provided no indication that Obama is going to take your guns, or restrict guns. Hard to believe that the fear of him doing that in the next 4 years is 100% rational.

See? There's that incredible twisting and turning you so pointed out.

One would think there are much more important things to resolve in your country over the next 4 years than guns.

Totally agreed!

They are alarmed by the suggestion that Obama is going to take their guns or severaly restrict them.

OK...now I get it.
You went to Kallend's School of Mind Reading.
:D:D

Good luck with that.

Isn't fear what makes gun-nuts buy guns? Fear of the government? Fear of criminals? Fear of zombies? Fear of suicide deer bombers?

There's enough guns in America for every man, woman and child to have one. How many more do you need?

I had no idea we were that short on guns. I'm going to have to build some more I guess.

Having one gun would be like having one piece of cutlery. If you are going to have one you should just go ahead and get at least:

.22 rifle
.22 pistol
shotgun
CCW pistol (9mm or larger)
and some sort of high power rifle. .308 is a good start depending on where you live.

Then if you are not an asshole, you will get suppressors for all of them. These are now considered firearms, so that's at least 4 more. Now we are at 9. I guess we need 8 more times 300 million or so...

I'm going to fill up my gas tank tomorrow because I'm afraid of running out of gas. I'll do that on my way to work because I'm afraid of being unemployed. Then I'm going out to shoot some deer because I'm afraid of not eating. Sucks to live in fear but I think I'll keep grinding it though.

People like you make me feel better about myself...well that and killing people like you. I get paid to do that ;)

A self-defense concealed carry gun is purchased due to the motive of fear of criminal attack. That's done not as a hobby, not for appreciation of mechanical gizmos, not to make the government fear you. It's because you fear being attacked by a criminal.

You really should cease the insults. If this is representative of how gun owners view others, then you're not presenting a very nice picture.

You don't have to carry a gun to be a man.

This isn't a representation of how gun owners view others, this is a representation of how sensible people view morons.

You're not getting it. I don't carry a pistol with me because I am afraid of getting attacked or robbed- I carry a pistol with me because if I need to defend myself or somebody else for ANY reason, it just makes the job easier. It's just having the right tool for the right job. Why put myself within arm's reach of a person intent on doing harm if I don't have to?

Oh I know you think it's not manly to carry a gun! Would it be more manly to attempt to disarm an armed aggressor by pretending I'm Chuck Norris? It would be more manly to build houses with your bare hands too, but there are tools to make it easier.

I bet you're one of those cream puffs that wears seat belts, aren't you? Seat belts are only for those who are afraid of getting ejected from their vehicle during a crash. Oh, I bet you're such a weakling that you also wear a parachute when skyding!! HAHA only people afraid of landing too hard wear parachutes. Do you wear shoes? Lame, man. Only wimps wear shoes because they are afraid of all the little things that could hurt their tender feet. So lame, how do you deal with all of these fears? I'm surprised you're able to even leave the house!

I joined the Marines because I know shit-dicks like you are too afraid to do it.

And do tell about these "assault rifles" that you have. Do they fire full auto or burst? How much did you pay for them? Registered receivers or did you use a DIAS or other conversion?

The whole 2nd Amendment is based on fear. When it refers to "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State..." that's a fear that without guns the security of the nation will be in jeopardy. So it's been about fear from the get-go of the founding of this nation.

We're beyond that now, and should get over it.

People like you make me feel better about myself...well that and killing people like you.

Wow, another death threat. I find it highly ironic that so many gun owners want to kill me, simply over a little thing like a political disagreement. In my mind, that should disqualify you from gun ownership, as you obviously don't understand the grave responsibility and restraint that comes with the power of deadly force.

And the moderators must be right wing gun nuts themselves for letting you get away with that kind of talk.

Sheesh!

...morons...
I bet you're one of those cream puffs...
I bet you're such a weakling...
I'm surprised you're able to even leave the house!
I know shit-dicks like you...

Goodness. You seem to have anger issues, and you're well armed! What a fantastic combination. And this is your justification for having guns, so you can shoot shit-dicks that disagree with you?

By the way, what the heck is a shit-dick? I couldn't find that in my Merriam-Webster.

Free Priority Mail shipping on pmags from XXXXXXXX XXXX. Just got a huge box full of 'em:)
EDIT: Might be considered advertising

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Goodness. You seem to have anger issues, and you're well armed! What a fantastic combination. And this is your justification for having guns, so you can shoot shit-dicks that disagree with you?

By the way, what the heck is a shit-dick? I couldn't find that in my Merriam-Webster.

I never said anything about shooting people who disagree with me. As a gun owner, I have a legal and ethical obligation to use my firearms responsibly. Using weapons to get my way would be both unethical as well as criminal.

I will, however, shoot anybody who poses an immediate threat to my life or that of another. By the way, it is also criminal to fire upon a person in self defense in any manner except that which is intended to kill; warning shots or any shot aimed at something besides center mass/head shots is heavily punishable by law.

...based upon how squeamish you are over the idea of violence and how skittish you are around things that go "pop," you are probably a shit-dick...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shitdick

The whole 2nd Amendment is based on fear. When it refers to "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State..." that's a fear that without guns the security of the nation will be in jeopardy. So it's been about fear from the get-go of the founding of this nation.

By that reasoning EVERY LAW is based on fear.... guess we should all hug each other and get over it since we are "beyond that now"

:S

OK. I'm finding this guy so ridiculous that he's kind of amusing now. I assume this screen name is a facade for someone just having lark.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

People like you make me feel better about myself...well that and killing people like you.

Wow, another death threat. I find it highly ironic that so many gun owners want to kill me, simply over a little thing like a political disagreement. In my mind, that should disqualify you from gun ownership, as you obviously don't understand the grave responsibility and restraint that comes with the power of deadly force.

And the moderators must be right wing gun nuts themselves for letting you get away with that kind of talk.

Sheesh!

I did not threaten you, I would never do that. I was just stating a fact. Sheesh!

Me: Goodness. You seem to have anger issues, and you're well armed! What a fantastic combination. And this is your justification for having guns, so you can shoot shit-dicks that disagree with you?

You: I joined the Marines because I know shit-dicks like you are too afraid to do it.

Me: By the way, what the heck is a shit-dick? I couldn't find that in my Merriam-Webster.

You: ...based upon how squeamish you are over the idea of violence and how skittish you are around things that go "pop," you are probably a shit-dick...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shitdick

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, if I've got this all straight, a shit-dick would be a homosexual. Does it count if a man fucks a woman in the ass? Well, sorry to disappoint you, but that's not me. I've never had a shit-dick.

Are all homosexuals squeamish about violence and skittish about things that go "pop"?

Shouldn't everyone be squeamish about violence? I think that would be a good thing, not something to deride. Violence is something any decent human being should abhor.

Is it possible for people to be squeamish about violence and skittish about things that go "pop", withOUT being a homosexual? Or do those two things automatically make you a homo?

Aren't there some shit-dicks serving in the armed forces, even the marines? Wouldn't that disprove your theory that shit-dicks are too afraid to fight, and that they're squeamish about violence?

I'd appreciate it if you could enlighten me on these questions, as you seem to know a lot about shit-dicks.

Wow, another death threat. I find it highly ironic that so many gun owners want to kill me, simply over a little thing like a political disagreement.

I did not threaten you, I would never do that. I was just stating a fact. Sheesh!

So it makes you feel better to kill people LIKE me, but not specifically me. Oh, well that just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over about you. You sound like a heck of a nice guy!

Oh, please elaborate about who these "people like me" are. People who don't like guns? Is that who you like to kill?

I never said anything about shooting people who disagree with me.

Here are some quotes from you:

"People who eat or smoke enough so as to require medical care they can't afford are not productive, they're fucking leeches that deserve to die."

"Kill all of them. Carpet bombing every town with a population larger than 100 should do the trick."

And in response to someone asking you to quit feeding the troll, you responded:
"May I give it lead poisoning?"

That sure sounds to me like you would like to kill people that disagree with you.

it is also criminal to fire upon a person in self defense in any manner except that which is intended to kill; warning shots or any shot aimed at something besides center mass/head shots is heavily punishable by law.

So if I have a legitimate reason to shoot in self defense, but my aim is poor and I only wound the attacker in the arm, does that mean I'll go to jail?

How would I prove that I was trying to shoot him in the head and missed, instead of just giving a well-aimed warning shot to the arm?

Can you cite me the law on that?

I particularly liked your statement about "...it's fear and you just won't admit it...."

That's neither a correct quote, nor a full quote, and taken out of context.

How do you post that and then claim not to spin with a straight face? :D:D

just to piss you off?
:)

I got all from Dreamdancer.
:D:D

But really, we all twist stories around to fit our bias and prejudice. It's the ones who fail to recognize they are doing it that gets the chuckles.

Back to the gun sales. My relative's shop is out of ARs and AKs. There are a lot of people out there who no longer afraid of anything.
...just sayin'