Gravitymaster

The "Why Republicans Lost" thread

-Mormon. Some folks can't get past it.
-New England governor
-Either no clear outreach to women or a hostile stance towards women, depending on who you ask.
-Liberal state policies like health care
-Failure to differentiate any significant position from Obama.
-Standard rhetoric with nothing to excite voters.
-Piss poor voter turnout.
-Voters not recognizing/caring about Obama's energy policy costing their state jobs and money.
-Failure to put Obama first term on trial.
-Obama effectively hiding/covering his scandals.

Frankly, unaffiliated voters didn't see a difference and didn't bother to show up.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Since many political experts on here seem to know exactly why Romney lost, I thought it would be best to put all the reasons in one thread rather than scatter them around.

because they are annoying and are anti progressive. they keep trying the same thing and expecting a different result
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Since many political experts on here seem to know exactly why Romney lost, I thought it would be best to put all the reasons in one thread rather than scatter them around.

because they are annoying and are anti progressive. they keep trying the same thing and expecting a different result

You mean like the Liberals (Communists)?

fact. repubs put us in a recession, liberals got us out
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Fact, spending by both Republicans AND Democrats over the past 40 years put us in the position we now find ourselves in.

It's just one election cycle. The Conservatives will do better next time. It was only a 2% margin.

Just keep ignoring the fact that your key demographic is shrinking while your opponents key demographic(s) is growing.

Also keep in mind that while the popular vote was only a 2% difference, Romney had his clock cleaned in the electoral vote. Obama's strategy was always about the electoral vote.

If I had a mouthful of coffee, you'd owe me a keyboard.

If this is a recovery, who needs recessions?

Liberals (Communists)

Because of bullshit like this that demonstrates how far out of touch with reality they have become.

Nope, it only demonstrates how acceptable communism has become.

Bwahahahaha!!! You wouldn't know a fucking Communist if you tripped over one on your way to a Bund meeting.

Liberals (Communists)

Because of bullshit like this that demonstrates how far out of touch with reality they have become.

Nope, it only demonstrates how acceptable communism has become.

Bwahahahaha!!! You wouldn't know a fucking Communist if you tripped over one on your way to a Bund meeting.

Well said, Comrade.

It was God's will. We are being punished as a nation for our decadence and entitlement mentality.

Donning my Nomex suit now.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I seem to remember the "permanent majority" the republicans had in the 90s. How's that working out? Don't act like this is some huge momentum shift. Obama swept a geriatric flip flopping vet eight years ago, his party got whipped in the midterms, then he won the important states by ~1% against a poofy haired moderate history but now hard talking New England governor and buoyed his party. They gained nothing in the house or senate. Lets keep it in perspective boys and girls.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

After all you Republicans get all that venting out of your collective spleens, I do hope y'all take a deep breath and then listen to some of the cooler heads in your party. It's not in the interests of the country if Republicans relegate themselves to an ever more balkanized role. There is a need for an authentic party of small government, to provide at least a counterpoint to "big government" thinking, but without the 1950's social engineering. Of course, then they would be Libertarians.

I'm heading off to work shortly. I went in to work yesterday as well, on top of putting in at least 10 hrs in the lab/office and another couple of hours working at home every day Monday to Friday. I generally end up supporting Democratic candidates, but I voted Republican and Libertarian where those people offered platforms I supported. When you (I mean you Gravitymaster, as well as CanuckInUsa, airdvr, and numerous others) say I vote Democrat because I am lazy and just want to sit on my couch and drink beer at your expense, IT IS PERSONALLY FUCKING INSULTING. You don't know me, you know nothing about what motivates me or how hard I work, but you take it upon yourselves to make self-righteous assumptions that only serve to make you feel somehow "superior" to everyone else. Then you can add in the anti-science and anti-education platform planks and undercurrent of the "modern" Republican party, and consider that I am a scientist and educator. My local Republican Congressman (Paul Broun) recently accused me of doing Satan's work.

Ask yourself this: if the approach of the Republican party is to insult me, at every turn, why should I consider them seriously to lead the government. If the position of the party is to insult or condemn everyone who isn't a white evangelical Christian, how can you hope to ever again obtain a plurality of the vote?

Don

Apparently white guys are not having their share of extra-marital affairs to learn from their girl friends they don't like white old men telling them what to do with their bodies. That women are tired of that, hence Obama got the woman vote. GOP needs to forget about Row v. Wade and move on. Bush allowed the latino to come in, so now they need deal with it by including them, not excluding them.

Personally both REPs and DEms are the same. Both only concentrate on filling their own personal coffers via insider trading and off line deal making. We need a new party (middle class party) that only concentrates on the money. No social issues. Middle class is played as suckers by both these political parties, that we need our own party to put money in our pockets not pay for rich or poor welfare. Not excluding corp welfare. Middle class has more money and wealth than any group on earth yet have no representation. Suckers kept in an unwinnable argument dems vs rep, right where they want to keep us.