jclalor

Petraeus resigns from CIA

Do you think Clinton was an honorable man?

I don't know your age; are you old enough to remember the '92 campaign in detail? Cuz as I said up-thread, Bill all but openly told the world, "Yeah, I'm a hound dog." And the in-office blow jobs were just, uh, :) icing on the cake. God, I love that man.

But, I digress. No, actually, YOU digress. Your question about Bill is a strawman re: the up-thread discussion about Gen. P. doing the honorable thing. That wasn't honorable; he simply punched-out before he got too much ground rush.

Do you think Clinton was an honorable man?

I don't know your age; are you old enough to remember the '92 campaign in detail? Cuz as I said up-thread, Bill all but openly told the world, "Yeah, I'm a hound dog." And the in-office blow jobs were just, uh, :) icing on the cake. God, I love that man.

But, I digress. No, actually, YOU digress. Your question about Bill is a strawman re: the up-thread discussion about Gen. P. doing the honorable thing. That wasn't honorable; he simply punched-out before he got too much ground rush.

So as long as someone tells you what they are in advance, whatever they do afterwards, they can't be held responsible for?

WOW, nice set of morals. I guess that type of thinking opens the door to justify just about anything.

But Clinton got a blow job!

I rather suspect Gen. P. got one, too.

Okay, let's be honest, she's very athletic. It was probably a considerably better experience than what Bill Clinton got.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

But Clinton got a blow job!

This is the interesting thing, bill. My problem has never been that “Clinton got a blowjob.” My problem has been that Clinton got a blowjob: (1) from an intern; and (2) in the Oval Office. The Chief Executive getting some favors from an intern is a BIG problem for me. Turns out that it’s pretty much prima facie sexual harassment. Why? Because in exchange for the service she got access to certain places and things that others who didn’t blow him did not get.

Re: Oval Office? Think there is nothing in the Oval Office that could be considered to be sensitive? Let’s say that instead of Clinton getting blown by an intern in the Oval Office of the White House it was the CIA Director getting blown by his biographer in a corner office at the NHB. In both places one can run the risk of a security lapse, blackmail, etc.

The problem with the GOP is that they made the issue “Clinton got a blowjob” instead of what I saw as more serious possibilities resulting from the “lapse in judgment.”

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Okay, let's be honest, she's very athletic. It was probably a considerably better experience than what Bill Clinton got.

Yes, she was a 1:36 half marathoner. That is moving pretty good.

Only about 30 mins behind Paul Ryan ;)
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Think there is nothing in the Oval Office that could be considered to be sensitive?

Billy's glans? Being from Arkansas, he prolly wasn't snipped.

Damn; Beat me to the punch line.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

For these were proud princes, most prosperous of old,
Past all lovers lucky, that languished under heaven,
bemused.
And one and all fell prey
To women they had used;
If I be led astry,
Methinks I may be excused.

(didn't work out for this guy either)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Read in a Canadian newspaper (but provided by AP)that 5 current or former generals have now been reprimanded or investigated for possible misconduct in the past two weeks.

Beginning to wonder if there has been a bit of a culture of misconduct.

Indeed:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/16/us/panetta-orders-review-of-ethics-training-for-officers.html

This year, there have in fact been an unusually large number of senior military officers investigated or fired for sexual improprieties, sexual violence, malfeasance or poor judgment.

Gen. William E. Ward, the former commander of the United States Africa Command, was this week ordered to repay the Army $82,000 for misusing government money for travel and lodging, and will be retired at the lower rank of lieutenant general.

Brig. Gen. Jeffrey A. Sinclair, a former deputy commander of the 82nd Airborne Division in Afghanistan, is confronting the military equivalent of a grand jury to decide whether he should stand trial on charges of adultery, sexual misconduct and forcible sodomy.

James H. Johnson III, a former commander of the 173rd Airborne Brigade, was expelled from the Army, fined and reduced in rank to lieutenant colonel from colonel after being convicted of bigamy and fraud.

The Air Force, in the meantime, is struggling to recover from a scandal at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas, where six male instructors were charged with crimes that included rape and adultery.

In the Navy, Rear Adm. Charles M. Gaouette was relieved of command of the Stennis aircraft carrier strike group because of “inappropriate leadership judgment.”