Opendore

2012 Political Race Thread

He claimed Clinton is unquestionably the most qualified potential candidate of either party. History says pretty clearly that the VP is a much more viable candidate

Thank you for repeating it so succinctly. I have bolded the part you are building your strawman on. Unless of course, you truly believe qualified and viable mean the same thing.

Now, it could be that you are both right, that one is more qualified and the other more viable. A position I find myself leaning to, but where would the fun be in that?

Did this election render Karl Rove a useless campaign fundraiser for future Republicans? Is he going to be a conservative outcast or will he still be an important figure?

I would be surprised if he disappeared entirely.

I'm a little surprised he didn't eat his gun last night (and no, I'm not kidding). He was absolutely, 100% proven to be wrong and in the most humiliating way possible; on his own party's network.

Then, there are the boys from Vegas who are going to want to know what went wrong with all the money they donated.

Today, you do NOT want to be Karl Rove.

How about Adelson, who apparently donated $60M in support of 8 candidates, ALL of whom lost.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Did this election render Karl Rove a useless campaign fundraiser for future Republicans? Is he going to be a conservative outcast or will he still be an important figure?

I would be surprised if he disappeared entirely.

I'm a little surprised he didn't eat his gun last night (and no, I'm not kidding). He was absolutely, 100% proven to be wrong and in the most humiliating way possible; on his own party's network.

Then, there are the boys from Vegas who are going to want to know what went wrong with all the money they donated.

Today, you do NOT want to be Karl Rove.

How about Adelson, who apparently donated $60M in support of 8 candidates, ALL of whom lost.

Who did you think I was talking about when I said "boys from Vegas"?

Aldelson isn't going to eat his gun because he lost $60 million, but he's probably going to be extremely upset with Rove. Anybody else who conned him out of $60 million would probably end up as food for vultures in the desert.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver