Opendore

2012 Political Race Thread

I am looking for a general consensus of how various media organisations are presenting the election results.

Feel free to discuss any news source that is reporting the election.
ie. Who is winning and why?

At the same time, it can be a thread about the way the media coverage impacts you, the voter.
I don't have a license for this.

Nearly certain most folks are simply watching whatever media outlet they normally do.

I flip around a bit, but am seeing no clear "winner" in election coverage.

The only thing that actually affects me are the vote counts themselves. Right this moment I'm on pins and needles about Florida. What I want is a definitive "win" in that state by either candidate so we don't have to go through the shenanigans of Bush v Gore.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Indeed... I here you on the Florida aspect. We don't want to go through that again, for sure.

I am trying to use this thread to follow the different stages of the election.
I feel any and all input about the current state of the election would be fantastic.
(I don't have a television available to me.)
I don't have a license for this.

With 38% of the votes in, CO Amendment 64 running 53:47 in favor of legal pot.B|

Ski trip?

We're expecting a *lot* more snowboarders.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

FOUR MORE YEARS :)

And a clear defeat for lies and cynicism.

Mourdock loses in Indiana.:)Akin loses in Missouri:)Romney loses his home state:)Ryan loses his home state:)

And Joe Walsh gets his ass kicked. No small feat.:ph34r:

Funny, but in poor taste.

He deserved to lose.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Watching Fox news right now is priceless. They first projected Obama winning Ohio, then the Romney campaign called Fox to deny that Ohio was lost. Carl Rove then agreed with the Romney Campaign that Ohio was still in play, the talking heads at Fox did not what to do, the look on their faces as if they might have called the election in error for Obama was classic.

FOUR MORE YEARS :)

And a clear defeat for lies and cynicism.

Mourdock loses in Indiana.:)Akin loses in Missouri:)Romney loses his home state:)Ryan loses his home state:)

And Joe Walsh gets his ass kicked. No small feat.:ph34r:

So will The Eagles take him back now?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I don't get it.:S Every site seems to be calling OH for Obama, but the numbers are a dead heat.

Yeah. They are really close at 80% reporting.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

One thing Boehner, Paul Ryan, Karl Rove, et. al. need to realize is that they put Obama in the White House. What I mean by that is that white, conservative voters all over America didn't wake up one morning and say, "I think I'll vote for a black guy with left-leaning ideas." What happened is that a lot of white people woke up one morning and said, "Damn I'm sick of these Republicans."
You don't have to outrun the bear.

I don't get it.:S Every site seems to be calling OH for Obama, but the numbers are a dead heat.

Did Johnsons vote carry to Obama?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

One thing Boehner, Paul Ryan, Karl Rove, et. al. need to realize is that they put Obama in the White House. What I mean by that is that white, conservative voters all over America didn't wake up one morning and say, "I think I'll vote for a black guy with left-leaning ideas." What happened is that a lot of white people woke up one morning and said, "Damn I'm sick of these Republicans."

Elizabeth Warren wins in Mass.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Chris Rock said it best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOZ4GmCJ8g8:D:D:D