rushmc

Time to Lay Down Your Cards

>Cant loose if good charities get cash
>In your name, what charity do you want it sent to?
>My chaity would be the Children of Fallen Heros charity

Let it be known to all that Marc Rush, in the spirit of good sportsmanship, did donate $100 to Doctors Without Borders to pay off this bet; he recently sent me the receipt for the payment. Thank you Marc for your contribution to this cause, a cause I have found to be worthy of our support.

To honor that spirit I contributed $100 to his charity, the Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund. More info on this charity:

===============
Thank you for your kind donation. Your support will help us continue our mission of providing financial support to surviving military families. Our objectives are to help U.S. Military children and spouses with College Grants as well as provide financial assistance to those families in need of help with housing, utilities, food and clothing. The financial hardships placed on these families are very difficult to deal with.

Please print and retain this as it will serve as your receipt for tax purposes. If you should misplace this, please email us at [email protected] or call (301) 685-3421 for proof of your donation.

We encourage you to keep our troops and their families in your prayers and hope you will visit our website often to learn of the families you are helping!
===============

Very classy, both you and Marc. Much more than can be said for the other moderator who placed a bet with him.

I'll second that

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>As for predicting human behavior, only a moron would think that possible.

There are a lot of very well paid morons out there who actually have a pretty good track record predicting human behavior. They write ads, design highways, come up with evacuation plans for aircraft, things like that.

And they often get it wrong.

The only major media outlet that predicted it incorrectly was Faux News.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

There are a lot of very well paid morons out there who actually have a pretty good track record predicting human behavior. They write ads, design highways, come up with evacuation plans for aircraft, things like that.

Gallup.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

articles.latimes.com/2012/nov/11/opinion/la-oe-predictors-electoral-count-20121111

Seems to me the only person to get it completely right was Nate Silver.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Cant loose if good charities get cash
>In your name, what charity do you want it sent to?
>My chaity would be the Children of Fallen Heros charity

Let it be known to all that Marc Rush, in the spirit of good sportsmanship, did donate $100 to Doctors Without Borders to pay off this bet; he recently sent me the receipt for the payment. Thank you Marc for your contribution to this cause, a cause I have found to be worthy of our support.

To honor that spirit I contributed $100 to his charity, the Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund. More info on this charity:

===============
Thank you for your kind donation. Your support will help us continue our mission of providing financial support to surviving military families. Our objectives are to help U.S. Military children and spouses with College Grants as well as provide financial assistance to those families in need of help with housing, utilities, food and clothing. The financial hardships placed on these families are very difficult to deal with.

Please print and retain this as it will serve as your receipt for tax purposes. If you should misplace this, please email us at [email protected] or call (301) 685-3421 for proof of your donation.

We encourage you to keep our troops and their families in your prayers and hope you will visit our website often to learn of the families you are helping!
===============

Bill

I wanted to publicly say thanks for your donation as well

I have learned more about the Drs without borders group

They do great work.

Marc
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Welcome back!

Don