CarpeDiem3

Guns fired in air, 23 dead

Your attitude towards guns would change very quickly if you lived in certain parts of New Jersey or New York right now.

Add guns to all those stressed-out people and things will only be made worse.

News: http://www.cnbc.com/id/49660237/

Quote: "John Hofmeister, head of Citizens for Affordable Energy told CNBC that the governors of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut should resort to dramatic measures to prevent the inconvenience from spiraling into further chaos or violence. “This could get to gunfire if it continues in the way it's going now,” warned Hofmeister..."

I don't think that shoot-outs at gas stations is the proper attitude. Do you really need to drive someplace so badly that you would be willing to kill someone for a gallon of gas?

I'm sure the law abiding citizens aren't the ones pulling out the guns. I'm equally sure that the situation would be much worse if those law abiding citizens were denied the ability yo defend themselves. You actually believe the fairy tale that if we just pass a law banning guns that criminals will turn them in? If so, how's that war on drugs working out?

You actually believe the fairy tale that if we just pass a law banning guns that criminals will turn them in? If so, how's that war on drugs working out?

If we treated cocaine the way we do guns, it would be available for sale just for the asking in every street corner phamacy, to anyone who asked for it. What condition would society be in then? We would have so many zombie crack-heads stumbling around that it would be a disaster. Just like gun violence is. Dangerous products like cocaine and guns shouldn't be handed out like candy on halloween.

If we treated cocaine the way we do guns, it would be available for sale just for the asking in every street corner phamacy, to anyone who asked for it. What condition would society be in then? We would have so many zombie crack-heads stumbling around that it would be a disaster. Just like gun violence is. Dangerous products like cocaine and guns shouldn't be handed out like candy on halloween.

Hyperbole gets you nowhere.

Edit: I can't help but read your posts in this mental voice.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

But then again I have a feeling you like your Big Macs and automobiles, so you gotta find something to bitch about don't ya.

I rarely eat a Big Mac, I drive responsibly, and I don't shoot guns in the air.

I usually eat fast food while driving somewhere, and that middle section of the Big Mac, slippery from that special sauce, always tries to slide out into my lap. So I usually just get the double cheeseburger. I think more people are killed by guns, than by eating cheeseburgers while driving. But hey, I'll give up cheeseburgers while driving if you give up your guns. Deal?

Besides, Big Mac heart disease will only kill the person who ate it, not 23 innocent people all around them like this gun incident.

While your Big Mac might not kill me with your heart disease, the millions of Americans that DO come down with medical problems from poor eating or health choices DO but a HUGE financial burden on those of us who are not selfish morons. I have used ZERO dollars of the government's money for medical issues. My only trips to the hospital have either been paid out of pocket or with private insurance. I also eat wisely, exercise regularly, don't smoke, drink only in moderation, etc etc so as NOT to burden not only the Country with medical bills too massive to pay, but so I don't burden my FAMILY with the responsibility of accounting for MY bad decisions. It's called being a productive member of society. People who eat or smoke enough so as to require medical care they can't afford are not productive, they're fucking leeches that deserve to die.

Did you know the government has handed me a firearm and ammo and trusted me to be responsible with it, while my own state would not do the same for a number of years? I own a rifle and a pistol, keep both loaded and within easy reach, even openly carry my pistol with me on a daily basis, and never once have I done anything irresponsible with it.

As another poster said, people can obtain a driver's license and a car much easier than a firearm, and many more deaths are caused each year by careless and reckless handling of these guided devices of death than by highly controlled tiny guns. When is the last time somebody accidentally shot and killed an innocent person because they were putting on makeup instead of maintaining a clear sight picture?

Yes and a bullett fired parallel to the ground will have a very hard time going through a roof and killing someone 2 miles away.

I don't think any bullet when fired from two miles away, short of maybe a .50 caliber, retains enough velocity to penetrate a normal roof.

Still a bad idea though, and gun nuts should refrain from doing it.

This i can agree with- there are several documented cases of people getting killed because of irresponsible discharge of firearms. One of the main rules of firearms safety is to know your target and what lies beyond it- meaning you need to KNOW where your bullet will impact before you fire. Firing into the air is very irresponsible and can put anybody within a couple miles at risk for injury.

You actually believe the fairy tale that if we just pass a law banning guns that criminals will turn them in? If so, how's that war on drugs working out?

Nevermind the studies of localities that loosen gun laws allowing the citizens to more easily arm themselves- you know, the ones that all resulted in lower crime rates? It's been covered exhaustively, and it is proven that a higher percentage of the population with guns results in lower crime rates. Would you rob somebody or break into their house if you thought they were armed? Would you smart off to somebody or be blatantly disrespectful to somebody when they have a gun on their hip? Laws aside, people have tempers and most folks don't want to piss off or threaten somebody with a gun.

if you are stupid enough to do cocaine, heroin, or Meth, I say go for it. Die already and stop sucking up oxygen

While your Big Mac might not kill me with your heart disease, the millions of Americans that DO come down with medical problems from poor eating or health choices DO but a HUGE financial burden on those of us who are not selfish morons. I have used ZERO dollars of the government's money for medical issues. My only trips to the hospital have either been paid out of pocket or with private insurance. I also eat wisely, exercise regularly, don't smoke, drink only in moderation, etc etc so as NOT to burden not only the Country with medical bills too massive to pay, but so I don't burden my FAMILY with the responsibility of accounting for MY bad decisions. It's called being a productive member of society. People who eat or smoke enough so as to require medical care they can't afford are not productive, they're fucking leeches that deserve to die.

Wow. Congratulations on being young and healthy. Other people are not as lucky as you, even though they may have perfectly healthy eating habits. Not all medical problems are caused by unhealthy eating, you know.

So I guess you're against ObamaCare, and all those sick and old folks should just be left to die without spending any money on them?

I own a rifle and a pistol, keep both loaded and within easy reach, even openly carry my pistol with me on a daily basis, and never once have I done anything irresponsible with it.

Until someone cuts you off in traffic or otherwise pisses you off. Will you keep your cool then? A lot of gun owners don't, which is why gun ownership is a problem. And with your bad attitude towards sick people, I wonder how much care you have for not shooting people.

Yes and a bullett fired parallel to the ground will have a very hard time going through a roof and killing someone 2 miles away.

I don't think any bullet when fired from two miles away, short of maybe a .50 caliber, retains enough velocity to penetrate a normal roof.

Still a bad idea though, and gun nuts should refrain from doing it.

This i can agree with- there are several documented cases of people getting killed because of irresponsible discharge of firearms. One of the main rules of firearms safety is to know your target and what lies beyond it- meaning you need to KNOW where your bullet will impact before you fire. Firing into the air is very irresponsible and can put anybody within a couple miles at risk for injury.

Finally, a gun owner who will admit that firing guns in the air is a bad idea! Thank you. All the other gun nuts here have been unable to bring themselves to say those simple magic words. They just dance around and make circuitous arguments, to avoid admitting that basic truth. Glad to hear you say it.

Would you rob somebody or break into their house if you thought they were armed? Would you smart off to somebody or be blatantly disrespectful to somebody when they have a gun on their hip? Laws aside, people have tempers and most folks don't want to piss off or threaten somebody with a gun.

I think we should all be polite to each other, just because it's the right way to be, not because of a fear that they might shoot us.

And you seem to be implying that gun owners indeed can't be trusted to carry guns, because they might actually shoot someone just for smarting-off to them. Being a smart-ass is not a death penalty offense. If you can't control your temper, you shouldn't be packing a gun. An armed society may be a polite society, but it's also one that lives in fear of our fellow citizens, and that ain't right.

Quit feeding that which lives under a bridge.

May I give it lead poisoning?

You claim to be responsible with your guns and to remain cool under pressure, but here you are threatening to shoot someone who disagrees with you. It makes one wonder if you should really have those guns...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quit feeding that which lives under a bridge.

May I give it lead poisoning?

You are willing to shoot somebody over an internet argument?