RonD1120

More on BHO & Benghazi

According to the timeline I saw that email was sent after everyone was already dead in the Benghazi attack.

If there was a team of people ready to go, how come we have never heard from any of them? Instead just people that have sources that tell then that they heard and yada yada yada.

Let's see if yet another congressional investigation gives a shit about it or not. can't wait for yet another report from the right wing that states that nothing happened.....

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CLINTON_EMAILS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-01-29-14-48-31

looks like 22 emails now

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/43ayik/seven_email_chains_from_clinton_server_contain/?ref=share&ref_source=twitter via @reddit

7 email chains contained top secret material

If if you deny the claims meh whatever the real story is in the comments section. Reddit is massively democrat leaning website consisting of younger voters, and they HATE hillary. Let this be a lesson to you out of touch old liberals, most young democrat votes are going to sanders, hillary is crap.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CLINTON_EMAILS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-01-29-14-48-31

looks like 22 emails now

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/43ayik/seven_email_chains_from_clinton_server_contain/?ref=share&ref_source=twitter via @reddit

7 email chains contained top secret material

If if you deny the claims meh whatever the real story is in the comments section. Reddit is massively democrat leaning website consisting of younger voters, and they HATE hillary. Let this be a lesson to you out of touch old liberals, most young democrat votes are going to sanders, hillary is crap.

Is this Bernie's new ad?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

This has been in the news every day. Has anyone here been able to read through the filter and see if it is real or just spin. Did they finally catch her breaking serious laws that she should be charged for?

http://lawnewz.com/uncategorized/more-trouble-for-hillary-clinton-classified-e-mail-total-reaches-1666/

Take a read here for what I am talking about.

Well she did attend classes and was advised that in her position even if it was not marked some things by their content alone are classified.

I agree with you that on a conviction note that arguing if she understood that, and if the information required that and she did not is a tough thing to do.

I am looking for someone neutral and official to come out and finally say one way or the other.

That's what I am asking here. I know many of you are more up to date eon these things has anyone from the government involved in the official investigation said she is going to be charged yet?

normiss

It's rather difficult to charge someone for sending something classified when it wasn't.

Wrong. It happens all the time.

If someone has a high enough clearance, they are effectively forbidden to discuss potentially subjects, except with similarly cleared personnel who have a defined need to know.

I have friends who cannot discuss articles that appeared in print, since any opinion they might voice in the matter is privileged information.

People can, and do, get burned all the time for seemingly minor infractions. Anyone but HRC would already be doing hard time in prison.

BSBD,

Winsor

Anyone but HRC would already be doing hard time in prison.

I was not aware that Colin Powell was doing hard time! Is he in the same prison as Condoleezza Rice's staff?

Also is there a distinction between sending and receiving unclassified classified information? Seems like an interesting strategy: send someone an unclassified email, retroactively relabel it classified, then prosecute them for receiving the email you sent. Now that's a tactic Karl Rove would be proud of.

Don

GeorgiaDon

I was not aware that Colin Powell was doing hard time! Is he in the same prison as Condoleezza Rice's staff?

Also is there a distinction between sending and receiving unclassified classified information? Seems like an interesting strategy: send someone an unclassified email, retroactively relabel it classified, then prosecute them for receiving the email you sent. Now that's a tactic Karl Rove would be proud of.

Don

If you are following any news outside the huffo post you would know that what you just posted here is a pile of drivel

Wow!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>If you are following any news outside the huffo post you would know that what you just posted
>here is a pile of drivel

Love it.

Next up - Martin Shrekli complains that the drugs his doctor prescribes cost too much.

You are easily distracted.......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

GeorgiaDon

Don

When did either of them have their own personal email server, knowing that it would be an issue if the info got out, yet went ahead with them anyway . . . Just because it was easier?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"Like Hillary Clinton, former Secretary of State Colin Powell also used a personal email account during his tenure at the State Department, an aide confirmed in a statement.

“He was not aware of any restrictions nor does he recall being made aware of any over the four years he served at State,” the statement says. “He sent emails to his staff generally via their State Department email addresses. These emails should be on the State Department computers. He might have occasionally used personal email addresses, as he did when emailing to family and friends.” (link)

Similar story for Rice's staffers. No they didn't set up their own servers, they used publicly accessible systems such as gmail and yahoo, which are arguable even less secure.

If there is a problem here it is in the overzealous retroactive reclassification of communications as secret or confidential, when they were not considered to be sensitive at the time they were sent. Either that, or national security staff failed to properly classify documents in the first place and OKed them for transmission.

Setting up a private server was a bad idea, no question. But treasonous? Or even illegal? What specific law was broken? When Powell took office, the state email system was so cumbersome that people could not even access their state email from a desktop computer. No law broken, and an official system so bad you could not even access it. What a surprise that people chose to use a private email for unclassified communications.

Don

What a surprise that people chose to use a private email for unclassified communications.

You followed all that with this which negates it all. It was classified. Literally or by the nature of its content.

So back to my question without all the arguing about something that happened decades ago. Is the woman going to be charged or not? If not her the systems architect who KNEW, and everyone else that was involved in their IT department should be fired or charged.

normiss

Apparently it wasn't.

Simply by its own nature, some of the information was classified.

I would hate to think what would have happened to me if I would have used a personal email to receive communications when I had the clearance I did.

I don't think you would ever have heard from me.

But that's OK - she must be above the law, right?

She has to be. Anyone not in the Clinton dynasty would have been crucified, especially if they were conservative.

But again, that's OK - she is a Clinton and above the law.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

>I would hate to think what would have happened to me if I would have used a
>personal email to receive communications when I had the clearance I did.

If you used a personal email address to receive nonclassified information? You would likely have gotten a phone call from your IT security guy saying "bad idea, against policy, don't do it again."

billvon

>I would hate to think what would have happened to me if I would have used a
>personal email to receive communications when I had the clearance I did.

If you used a personal email address to receive nonclassified information? You would likely have gotten a phone call from your IT security guy saying "bad idea, against policy, don't do it again."

do you miss the point that some of the information is classified, just by its own nature?

Are you ignoring that point on purpose, or does it just not fit your view?

turtlespeed

do you miss the point that some of the information is classified, just by its own nature?

I don't mean to be naive, but I don't understand.

If a letter, a note, a picture, a file or any other thing is not marked as classified, how on earth can it be interpreted much later as actually, double-dog-dutch, danger-close, seriously, really-for-real, no-kidding-this-time classified because of its own nature. Whatever the hell that (nature) is...

I swear. Some people just want to fight about absolutely everything...

So if someone sends me an email containing information that is not marked as secret, classified, or confidential, but years later someone decides it should have been classified and retroactively relabels it, then I have committed a crime?

How am I supposed to control what other people send to me? How am I supposed to know the content of an email without opening and reading it?

This seems like a perfect "gotcha" scheme. Even better, once the email is relabeled "classified" it can't be released to the public. Maybe the "classified" email is about someone's favorite recipe for carrot cake, we'll never know.

Don