RonD1120

More on BHO & Benghazi

billvon

>You really want to compare what happened in Benghazi to 9/11?

There's really no comparison. 3000 US citizens in a major city in the US died due to a terrorist attack. In the other, 4 embassy workers died in a violent foreign country.

Oddly, for many conservatives, the attacks on 9/11/2001 were just a regrettable oversight, ignoring the warnings was just a simple mistake, and smoothing over those mistakes was just, well, politics as usual. But FOUR! PEOPLE! DIED! in Benghazi, and that is so much worse than the 3000 who died in the US. Strange.

There's no comparison between the actuall attacks. There are similarities left of bang, but they seem worse for Benghazi than 9-11. The important comparison is what happened right of bang. What was done and not done after the attacks. Stop acting like scrutinizing the response is the same as making the destruction wrought by the attacks equivalent. Did Bush lie about the response? I don't think so. It was so embarassing because people did know what happened and who did what. He wasn't right, but he didn't hide it. Obama on the other hand seems to be auditioning for Mr Magoo. "I didn't see anything. I didn't know anything." I guess he figures incompetence is better for the party than culpability.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Did Bush lie about the response?

Did you really want to go down that road?

(And this is the thanks we get for not putting the entire 43rd Administration on trial for crimes against humanity.)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>There are similarities left of bang, but they seem worse for Benghazi than 9-11.

The 9/11 Commission Report made it pretty clear that the rest of the government did everything it could to warn Bush of the impending attack, including a memo sent directly to Bush stating "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S." and saying he would use aircraft and attack buildings. He didn't heed it, thought they were just listening to Bin Laden. They sent him another memo entitled "The U.S. is not the target of a disinformation campaign by Usama Bin Laden." He was warned the attacks were imminent at least twice that summer, and these reports included the warnings that "a group presently in the United States" was planning an attack, and that it would result in “dramatic consequences" including "major casualties." In July a briefing warned him that the attack “will occur soon."

Ignoring months worth of warnings that the US would be attacked - indeed, warnings that were repeated over and over again - seems pretty bad given that 3000 people were killed.

Kennedy

I'm not including Iraq. I meant the immediate response, actions, and statements directly related to 9/11 and Benghazi.

Oh, yeah...I mean...other than 9/11, starting a totally bogus war and torturing people, opening up Guantanamo...Benghazi is worse...yeah.

Keep fuckin' that chicken. :(

Again, this is all just bullshit. Yes, it has all been looked at. There's simply nothing there.
quade -

billvon

***There are similarities left of bang, but they seem worse for Benghazi than 9-11.

The 9/11 Commission Report made it pretty clear that the rest of the government did everything it could to warn Bush of the impending attack, including a memo sent directly to Bush stating "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S." and saying he would use aircraft and attack buildings

Yeah, Clinton and Bush screwed the pooch. But you can't just blame the President. So says the 9/11 commission.

After releasing the report, commission chair Thomas Kean declared that both Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush were "not well served" by the FBI and CIA.[1]

In addition to identifying intelligence failures occurring before the attacks

billvon

Ignoring months worth of warnings that the US would be attacked - indeed, warnings that were repeated over and over again - seems pretty bad given that people were killed.

Seems like you could say that about both attacks. But again, lying after the fact makes it worse. Especially when it looks like lying to avoid allowing information out to the people just before an election.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

quade

***I'm not including Iraq. I meant the immediate response, actions, and statements directly related to 9/11 and Benghazi.

Oh, yeah...I mean...other than 9/11, starting a totally bogus war and torturing people, opening up Guantanamo...Benghazi is worse...yeah.

Are you ever capable of staying on topic and discussing something? Or do you have to bring up something else every dealing thread?

quade

Again, this is all just bullshit. Yes, it has all been looked at. There's simply nothing there.

Really? Who looked at it? Did they publish?
witty subliminal message
1*

Kennedy

***Again, this is all just bullshit. Yes, it has all been looked at. There's simply nothing there.

It's called the Congressional Record. You might want to take a gander at it.
quade -

quade

******Again, this is all just bullshit. Yes, it has all been looked at. There's simply nothing there.

It's called the Congressional Record. You might want to take a gander at it.

Oh, you mean the Pickering-Mullen report? The report that didn't talk to significant parties? The report that didn't have access to intelligence documents and White House or State Dept emails? The one that even CBS and CNN are questioning?

Yeah, I'm going to look for complete answers, not just more Carney soundbytes.
witty subliminal message
1*

>But you can't just blame the President. So says the 9/11 commission.

Exactly. Just as you can't just blame the President here.

>Seems like you could say that about both attacks

Agreed.

> But again, lying after the fact makes it worse.

Also agreed.

>Especially when it looks like lying to avoid allowing information out to the
>people just before an election.

As is lying to make it look like you didn't know an attack was imminent for political gain. Especially troubling is lying about an attack to further your political goals of attacking a country unrelated to the incident.

quade

So, if Pickering and Mullen are so bad, why won't Issa allow them to testify in public?

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/16/first-on-cnn-pickering-mullen-challenge-issa-to-let-them-testify-in-public/

What's Issa afraid of? Oh, yeah, being called on his shit.

If he called public hearings, you'd say he was grand standing. Since he's looking for closed hearings, you say he's hidin something. I really thought you were more able to divorce your political leanings from the facts at hand. I guess I have you too much credit.
witty subliminal message
1*

Issa DID call public hearings! I WATCHED them.

No. He's picking and choosing to call people who he thinks supports his case and isn't finding anything. The emails that were supposedly revealed during these latest hearings were in the independent investigation and he's refusing to talk to the members of that investigation. It's a circus and he's the head clown.

Side note...yeah, you don't like them...so what?

Issa is from the district next to mine. If I lived on the other side of a nearby freeway, I'd be in it. It always amuses me when people think of California as this vast land of liberals. The 47th is the furthest thing from that as possible. I'd put it up against any conservative district in the middle of the Bible Belt. About the only thing I haven't seen are snake handlers.
quade -

Kennedy

***So, if Pickering and Mullen are so bad, why won't Issa allow them to testify in public?

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/16/first-on-cnn-pickering-mullen-challenge-issa-to-let-them-testify-in-public/

What's Issa afraid of? Oh, yeah, being called on his shit.

If he called public hearings, you'd say he was grand standing. Since he's looking for closed hearings, you say he's hidin something. I really thought you were more able to divorce your political leanings from the facts at hand. I guess I have you too much credit.

It seems like Issa likes public hearings when he wants to talk shit, but if someone might actually be able to refute it, he either forgets to invite them or wants to have the embarrassment, err, I mean hearing, behind closed doors.

This is akin to a newspaper printing libellous remarks and then retracting them in 8 pt print next to the Obit section.

Let's be frank - Issa is a grandstanding motherfucker. Most of the 9/11 hearings were of the same ilk.

Legislators who actually give a shit about the country would be focusing on solutions to take forward, not rehashing what is done. It's particularly wasteful this far in advance of an election. The only point to doing it is to prevent any focus on new legislation.

This seems to answer one of the big questions
what was really going on over there related to all of this

http://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2013/05/21/pjm-exclusive-ex-diplomats-report-new-benghazi-whistleblowers-with-info-devastating-to-clinton-and-obama/

More whistleblowers will emerge shortly in the escalating Benghazi scandal, according to two former U.S. diplomats who spoke with PJ Media Monday afternoon.

These whistleblowers, colleagues of the former diplomats, are currently securing legal counsel because they work in areas not fully protected by the Whistleblower law.

According to the diplomats, what these whistleblowers will say will be at least as explosive as what we have already learned about the scandal, including details about what really transpired in Benghazi that are potentially devastating to both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

The former diplomats inform PJM the new revelations concentrate in two areas — what Ambassador Chris Stevens was actually doing in Benghazi and the pressure put on General Carter Ham, then in command of U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) and therefore responsible for Libya, not to act to protect jeopardized U.S. personnel.

Stevens’ mission in Benghazi, they will say, was to buy back Stinger missiles from al-Qaeda groups issued to them by the State Department, not by the CIA. Such a mission would usually be a CIA effort, but the intelligence agency had opposed the idea because of the high risk involved in arming “insurgents” with powerful weapons that endanger civilian aircraft.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

This seems to answer one of the big questions

http://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2013/05/21/pjm-exclusive-ex-diplomats-report-new-benghazi-whistleblowers-with-info-devastating-to-clinton-and-obama/

More whistleblowers will emerge shortly in the escalating Benghazi scandal, according to two former U.S. diplomats who spoke with PJ Media Monday afternoon.

These whistleblowers, colleagues of the former diplomats, are currently securing legal counsel because they work in areas not fully protected by the Whistleblower law.

According to the diplomats, what these whistleblowers will say will be at least as explosive as what we have already learned about the scandal, including details about what really transpired in Benghazi that are potentially devastating to both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

The former diplomats inform PJM the new revelations concentrate in two areas — what Ambassador Chris Stevens was actually doing in Benghazi and the pressure put on General Carter Ham, then in command of U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) and therefore responsible for Libya, not to act to protect jeopardized U.S. personnel.

Stevens’ mission in Benghazi, they will say, was to buy back Stinger missiles from al-Qaeda groups issued to them by the State Department, not by the CIA. Such a mission would usually be a CIA effort, but the intelligence agency had opposed the idea because of the high risk involved in arming “insurgents” with powerful weapons that endanger civilian aircraft.

Wait until they are silenced under the threat of disclosing classified information.

Gravitymaster

***This seems to answer one of the big questions

Wait until they are silenced under the threat of disclosing classified information.

IF this story is true
The cover up makes much more sense than it did yesterday

Again, IF is it true
Abraham Lincoln

Many are hoping threads such as this go silent
No such chance

Sources challenge White House claim of all-hands-on-deck pursuit of Benghazi suspects

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/21/sources-challenge-white-house-over-claim-all-hands-on-deck/

U.S. military sources serving in North Africa are challenging the latest White House claim that the administration is applying "all the resources" at its disposal to bring the Benghazi attackers to justice, charging instead that the Obama administration knows who is responsible but is not acting.

"They have let it slip by because of politics, and now we've taken all the correlation we had and dropped the ball because of risk (aversion) -- and now the security in Libya is more fragile than ever," one U.S. special operator told Fox News. The source, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirms that U.S. forces have tracked the alleged attackers since October but have since lost the trail of some of them, as no one up the chain of command would authorize them to capture or kill the targeted militia members.

But

He killed Bin Laden
Abraham Lincoln

What was really going on in Benghazi

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/51346

A couple of great points to start off with
Link this with the other whistle blowers coming forward to say that the operation there was headed by the State Dept., not the CIA and that the State Dept was trying to buy back Stinger Missles that had be sold to Al Queda by the State Dept

DH: It’s been a while since we’ve discussed Benghazi. What have you heard lately?

II: Before I answer that, I want to get a few things off my chest. Every politician, whether it’s a congressman senator, diplomat, or their spokespeople and the media are lying to the American public every time they call the location of the attack a consulate. It was not. There was absolutely no diplomatic consulate in Benghazi. None. Words are important here. They can create a wrong image, an incorrect picture of what was really going on. The property where our Ambassador and other Americans were murdered was a rented villa consisting of a primary residence with a couple of outbuildings behind the actual house. The reason they’re still calling it a consulate is to subtly divert any questions about our activities there.

DH: Let’s go over this again; exactly what was taking place at Benghazi?

II: As I said, the place where the attack happened is one of the largest, one of the most active CIA operation centers in North Africa, if not in the entire Middle East. It was not a diplomatic station. It was a planning and operations center, a logistics hub for weapons and arms being funneled out of Libya. Unlike the embassy in Tripoli, there was limited security in Benghazi. Why? So the operation did not draw attention to what was going on there.

Abraham Lincoln

Right/left is pretty relative. I'm not particularly far left. But if you're traveling way in the right side of the road, the middle is somewhere you can see, and everything else is the far left. Same thing if you're traveling on the far left side.

You can't even see the far side of the road -- and let's not forget that what's "right" and "left" changes with time as well.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Limbaugh Comments on Status of Obama Impeachment
05/22/13

Rush Limbaugh says it is just a dream to think Obama will ever be impeached. He thinks that because Obama is the first black President, nobody will be willing to step forward with impeachment.

Obama's approval rating is still at 50% despite the scandals.

LIMBAUGH:

“We can’t impeach Obama, it isn’t gonna happen ... but we can impeach the Democratic Party and get it out of town by voting them out.”

“As far as the public is concerned, Obama’s not in trouble,”

Read more at http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2013/20130522001-limbaugh-status-impeach.html#g0ocDP5FAfyaheOK.99
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.