RonD1120

More on BHO & Benghazi

mistercwood

Cool. So if I just post sources from Salon and MSNBC you'll take me seriously? What personal responsibility has to do with my comment is beyond me... I'm asking for information from further sources, rather than solely a known extreme partisan one.

Also, I'm yet to hear an answer to the rather simple question I've asked twice now, from those who are making the most noise about this issue.

If you posted an article from a source I considered crap, I wouldn't bother reading it. I would not whine and ask for additional sources, if I wanted to read something I considered more credible about a topic, I'd find it on my own.

Gravitymaster

***Cool. So if I just post sources from Salon and MSNBC you'll take me seriously? What personal responsibility has to do with my comment is beyond me... I'm asking for information from further sources, rather than solely a known extreme partisan one.

Also, I'm yet to hear an answer to the rather simple question I've asked twice now, from those who are making the most noise about this issue.

If you posted an article from a source I considered crap, I wouldn't bother reading it. I would not whine and ask for additional sources, if I wanted to read something I considered more credible about a topic, I'd find it on my own.

So basically, first you make up your mind and then you set out to confirm it.

Psst! I'll let you in on a secret, everyone does. Don't tell anyone here. They all think they are totally objective thinkers without any bias or prejudice. It's a fucking joke.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Psst! I'll let you in on a secret, everyone does. Don't tell anyone here. They all think they are totally objective thinkers without any bias or prejudice. It's a fucking joke.

Actually I think most here fall in the grey areas between those two extremes. I know I have changed my mind based on things discussed and presented here.

There are some die hards though...

SkyDekker

******Cool. So if I just post sources from Salon and MSNBC you'll take me seriously? What personal responsibility has to do with my comment is beyond me... I'm asking for information from further sources, rather than solely a known extreme partisan one.

I can see you were not an Honor Roll student. :D

SkyDekker

Actually I think most here fall in the grey areas between those two extremes. I know I have changed my mind based on things discussed and presented here.

There are some die hards though...

Actually Ron is right. Lots of studies show that folks look for stories about topic they care about and sources that share their viewpoint. It take conscious effort to read about uninteresting topics or conflicting points of view. Most just don't make the effort.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Kennedy

Most just don't make the effort.

I'm looking at the users in this forum that day after day and night after night seem to be the exception to the rule simply because they ARE in this forum; even the ones I vehemently disagree with.

Anyone truly committed to living inside their own echo chamber would have to be insane to walk into this forum.

And I guess there are maybe a handful of those here too. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Why do you think I keep coming back? Old saying about training with people better than you, discussing with people with differing points of view, and such.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

RonD1120

During Wednesday’s highly anticipated Benghazi hearings, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) questioned Greg Hicks, former deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, about the Obama administration’s response to the deadly attack. The South Carolina congressman also read a previously unreleased email sent by a State Department official identifying a terrorist group as the perpetrators of the attack the day after it occurred.

Hicks said he was “embarrassed” that the attack was initially blamed on a YouTube video.

So is all the noise about this is still about what happened afterwards, when everyone is already dead, rather than about anything that might have been done to prevent the outcome? What's the fucking point, really?

Gravitymaster

***Cool. So if I just post sources from Salon and MSNBC you'll take me seriously? What personal responsibility has to do with my comment is beyond me... I'm asking for information from further sources, rather than solely a known extreme partisan one.

You missed my point. I wanted to see if Ron had sourced any information outside of a single, known partisan one. I've read the Blaze articles still so I can see how that side views the issue. Trying to avoid the whole echo chamber thing, ya know? You two should give it a try some time... :P
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

It just keeps coming

Now the Obama admin (not Obama) are caught lieing about who put the talking points together

Is Hillary about to get run over?

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/scrubbing-the-truth-from-benghazi-20130510
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

This story is getting too big

Now ABC is carrying the torch

Better late than never

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/exclusive-benghazi-talking-points-underwent-12-revisions-scrubbed-of-terror-references/
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Last night I went to ABC, NBC, and NBC news sites. Searched for Benghazi . . . and got NO HITS regarding the current investigation.

Top stories for those searches only produced old stories.:|

Its a little different now that the dems have acknowledged that there is a coverup.:S
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

rushmc

I've generally stayed out of this whole discussion because I've thought that the Republicans were just pulling more GOP shit, alleging nefariousness and generating smoke, etc. And the time thinking, "I don't know what happened but the GOP sounds crazy. The President just sounds incompetent."

Now this ABC report comes out. And I'm becoming seriously concerned that, yes, there was hardcore politicking and, if not a cover up, it's certainly a paint job. Carney looks untrustworthy, too. He's going to take a lot of heat.

The other thing - holy hell! Does this make Hillary look bad. They are throwing her under the bus. The admin is passing the buck. But there's so much they could have come clean with six months ago.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

I've generally stayed out of this whole discussion because I've thought that the Republicans were just pulling more GOP shit, alleging nefariousness and generating smoke, etc. And the time thinking, "I don't know what happened but the GOP sounds crazy. The President just sounds incompetent."

Now this ABC report comes out. And I'm becoming seriously concerned that, yes, there was hardcore politicking and, if not a cover up, it's certainly a paint job. Carney looks untrustworthy, too. He's going to take a lot of heat.

The other thing - holy hell! Does this make Hillary look bad. They are throwing her under the bus. The admin is passing the buck. But there's so much they could have come clean with six months ago.

I have stayed out of this generally too
But this is no surprise to me
Abraham Lincoln

This is what is coming to light, IMO:

1. Ambassador Stevens is involved in weapons trading to rebels in Syria.

2. Al-Qaeda related Islamic terrorists plan attack at Benghazi.

3. Consulate in Benghazi calls for assistance when under attack and assistance is denied.

4. Assistance denied to protect BHO campaign.

5. Assistance denied to subvert attention away from weapons transaction.

6. BHO/HC provided BS cover story about an idiotic YouTube video that no one watched.

7. BHO disappears, Situation Room not activated.

8. BHO/HC hoped this would be a 24 hour flu that would go away.

9. Benghazi has become a case of full blown pneumonia.

Basically, my OP and I am sticking with it.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.