Anvilbrother

Donald Trump big announcement about Obama

Face it Romney is better at taxes than you are. Sorry

Yes, I don't have the money to pay off Congress for favorable treatment like Romney and his ilk.

Well, that's the difference between you and Romney. He apparently has a better grasp on the numbers than you do. If you we're at his level, you would be rich, too and then could afford a better airplane.

Wait he owns a plane? He must be one of the 1%ers then. So kallend will you distribute all your wealth to the poor like Obamas agenda is aimed towards? I mean I you own a plane you must have more than you need, you should probbaly pay more taxes. /typical democrat Occupy Wall street person.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

After reading the above posters, all I can say is well, well, well.

And, you couldn't get an invitation to Buckingham Palace either. Oh, the injustice you have suffered.:P:o

Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

And, you couldn't get an invitation to Buckingham Palace either. Oh, the injustice you have suffered.:P:o

It's an injustice to the entire segment of the middle class in America that pays income tax at a higher rate than Romney.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's an injustice to the entire segment of the middle class in America that pays income tax at a higher rate than Romney.

It's also an injustice that he donated, what, $3 million last year to charities then, huh? That was 15% of his reported income.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

It's also an injustice that he donated, what, $3 million last year to charities then, huh? That was 15% of his reported income.

In liberal-land that IS an injustice. He should have given it to the Treasury. Government is MUCH better able to choose where those donations go.

(However, I think quoting charitable contributions in a 'how much is he taxed' discussion is a complete non sequitor. Charity should not offset a tax responsibility - the fact that it's deductible confounds that position, but my position on deductions, exceptions, exemptions, penalties, credits is pretty clear)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Middle class people donate too so that's an irrelevance.

The Mormon Church must be very happy to add Romney's donation to its coffers. $30BILLION+ last time anyone investigated.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The Mormon Church must be very happy to add Romney's donation to its coffers.

Are you assuming in a very biased way that all his charitable donations went to the LDS? Or just putting out a falsehood for some obscure ad hominem purpose like usual.

Or is your statement/implication real?

(I doubt it's real, no politician would put all his donations in one place)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Let me ask this then (since I'm honestly not 100% sure of the answer)... this 14% taxrate he paid, was that figured at 14% of his total reported income or 14% of taxable, after deductions and whatnot?

ETA found the answers on his own returns.

Adjsuted income of $13,696,951. Tax liability of $3,226,623. After deductions, Taxable income of $9,007,709. Total true taxes of $1,935,708. By my math that's a rate of 21.49% of adjusted, taxable income.

So the crime is that he had $4.7mil in deductions?

Excluding the trusts.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

Are you assuming in a very biased way that all his charitable donations went to the LDS? Or just putting out a falsehood for some obscure ad hominem purpose like usual.

the 10% tithe is typical for Mormons - and that would account for about 2 of the 3M in donations.

Stephen Colbert is my hero...

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/25/stephen-colbert-makes-donald-trump-a-tasty-offer

Stephen Colbert has lobbed the ball back to Donald Trump – literally.

Following the mogul’s, er, bombshell announcement yesterday – that he will donate $5-million to a charity of Barack Obama’s choosing if the U.S. president reveals his college transcript and passport application – Colbert has announced he will donate $1-million to a charity of Trump’s choice if he allows the funnyman to "dip my balls in your mouth."

That’s right, balls, as in testicles.

“Nothing would make America happier than to have something going into your mouth instead of coming out of it,” Colbert said. “Let’s do this for the kids.”

There’s only one rule for this tasty challenge: “this dipping” has to take place by Halloween.

“One caveat,” he said on Wednesday’s Colbert Report. “My balls must be in your mouth no later than 5 p.m., Oct. 31.”

And, it has to be to his AND his balls’ “satisfaction.”

:D

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

the 10% tithe is typical for Mormons - and that would account for about 2 of the 3M in donations.

is he 'typical' in that regard?

That doesn't mean this special treatment is anything but a gift to the financial sector.

special treatment abounds everywhere

progressive tax structures
penalties
exceptions
exemptions
mortgage deductions
child care deductions
educational deductions

ad nauseum

a little hypothetical math:

Guy makes $100K and is taxed at 30%
He takes $30K in various deductions - tax on $70K = $21K
He has to pay an accountant. Politicians get tons of contributions and votes from the ignorant and not so ignorant for putting in all these deductions and exemptions and credits, etc etc etc

alternatively:
Guy makes $100K and is taxed at 21% with no special perks - tax = $21K (oh crap - the math does work, it's revenue neutral)

the left screams bloody murder - "OH MY GOD, you gave RICH Guy a 9% tax reduction - you're a racist and a sexist creep"

the right screams bloody murder - "OH MY GOD, you took away all the TAX BREAKS that encourage small businesses - you hate the little guy just wanting a home and a business"

REALITY - politicians lose power because they don't have any special freebies to hand out. And a few accountants lose some business.

no way a simple tax code will ever work

.......but I digress - what were we talking about?

Shorter version for you - it won't work because nobody gets to feel special.

Evolution to large frontal lobes has been a boon to our creativity and ascendancy amongst species. It also unfortunately makes the bulk of humans prisoners to their emotions.

Anybody expecting the masses to intelligently and diligently investigate the issues of their life is dreaming. Most people just want to let everyone know how they feel.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Anybody expecting the masses to intelligently and diligently investigate the issues of their life is dreaming. Most people just want to let everyone know how they feel.

oh, that makes me sad

Edit: alternatively, I could have called you names for just not understanding "OH MY GOD - you're a racist and a sexist creep that hates the little guy just wanting a home and a business"

you missed a great round of golf Sunday (personal best for me). and then whacking old golf balls across the runway into the trees with the two drivers

winds were bumpy

Two replies to Pirana to make him chuckle - it's tongue and cheek, J.

1 - his post ended with "people just want to express their feeling" - I replied with "makes me sad"

2 - alternate reply - he talks about using logic and thinking instead of emotions - I offered that the normal response to that is emotive name calling from both extremes - sometimes at once

Pirana and I are friends and I was responding to his response which was in the same tone. Wry amusement at the nature of today's society. It's either wry amusement or despair. I try to select the former whenever possible.

it's Friday, it's snowing, no jumping this weekend in our neck of the woods - today's posts will primarily be mockery or teasing. have a good weekend

Perhaps he was just trying to look good on the only two returns we are going to see. And "donating" to the LDS is on par to "donating" to scientology"

it's tongue and cheek

Oh don't worry, I was amused;)

just being safe - I see you're from the UK. I don't speak your language well......:D