billeisele

Wheeler on Obama

I think your entire stance on this article is a result of your desire to always be contrary to anyone expressing a firm opinion. Seriously..

I absolutely disagree with that.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm surprised you don't recognize (or agree) that the entire piece was an opinion based entirely on Wheeler's interpretation of Obama's rac

The problem with your post was that you criticized impugning conjured motivations by impugning conjured motivations. The point tends to be lost by criticizing an ad hominem attack with an ad hominem attack.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I'm surprised you don't recognize (or agree) that the entire piece was an opinion based entirely on Wheeler's interpretation of Obama's rac

The problem with your post was that you criticized impugning conjured motivations by impugning conjured motivations. The point tends to be lost by criticizing an ad hominem attack with an ad hominem attack.

How do you point out that an argument is based on nothing but racism without calling the author a racist? Your criticism makes no sense.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

How do you point out that an argument is based on nothing but racism without calling the author a racist? Your criticism makes no sense.

How do you point out that a poster is calling an author racist who uses racial points to call out a politician is being racist by using racial bias to gain racial points for strictly political gain without calling everybody a racist that doesn't jump to the pre-approve PC dogma? Your critism doesn't make sense.

I submit that the author is racist. But I submit that the President is also racist in a much more direct and societally harmful way. In other words "it took one to know one"

I glad the generations are growing out of it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I avoided the racism issue by calling his entire argument rhetoric not backed by evidentiary support. A piece of opinionated garbage.

Point out that a statement is racist but don't call the person a racist. Critique the words, not the speaker. Critique the content and not the motive. Why the hell would you want to change the discussion to whether the person is or is not a racist? keep the discussion to the poitns raised and let that sink it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I avoided the racism issue by calling his entire argument rhetoric not backed by evidentiary support. A piece of opinionated garbage.

Point out that a statement is racist but don't call the person a racist. Critique the words, not the speaker. Critique the content and not the motive. Why the hell would you want to change the discussion to whether the person is or is not a racist? keep the discussion to the poitns raised and let that sink it.

To follow you side point

The reason those like this name people is to try and silence them

That is the ugly part of poliitcal correctness
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The reason those like this name people is to try and silence them

That is the ugly part of poliitcal correctness

You be quiet!

Don

So lets just contract that slightly:

He's criticizing Obama for his name.

He's critizing Obama for his ancestry.

He's critizing Obama for his followers.

I make that twice an idiot, once a racist and all three times a blind partisan.

------------------------------------------------------
Yeah thats it...when you dont agree with someone about their beliefs...THROW THE RACE CARD.

Yeah thats it...when you dont agree with someone about their beliefs...THROW THE RACE CARD.

Very succint description of Wheeler's article.

the irony is great isn't it - at least 3 or 4 layers of race card playing going on. it's like a grade school playground

Why is it important to avoid the issue? Did we get where we are today by ignoring institutional racism or confronting it?

Point out that a statement is racist but don't call the person a racist.

Why not? If he's not a racist then he pretending to be one to score political points. I'd say they're both pretty bad.

Why the hell would you want to change the discussion to whether the person is or is not a racist? keep the discussion to the poitns raised and let that sink it.

It's not a change of discussion. The point of the OP's quote is racist.

How do you point out that a poster is calling an author racist who uses racial points to call out a politician is being racist by using racial bias to gain racial points for strictly political gain without calling everybody a racist that doesn't jump to the pre-approve PC dogma? Your critism doesn't make sense.

Very funny.

But no.

the irony is great isn't it - at least 3 or 4 layers of race card playing going on. it's like a grade school playground

But that's complete bollocks, isn't it?

Addressing actual racism is not 'playing the race card' and it's lazy and absurd to state that it is.

Why not? If he's not a racist then he pretending to be one to score political points. I'd say they're both pretty bad.

Which "both" do you mean

Both individuals (Wheeler and Obama) in either context? I agree
Both arguments (real or pretending) for either individual? I agree

But that's complete bollocks, isn't it?

Addressing actual racism is not 'playing the race card' and it's lazy and absurd to state that it is.

pretty funny

but, no

sure, here's one example - if someone specifically (hires a less qualified candidate, refuses to rent, refuses to buy/sell them product, treats them mean) based solely on race only preference. See, that's based on their actions. Words are cheap.

but I'd likely not waste self congratulatory time calling them names, I'd rather just see them see legal action asap - which would end up having them labeled at that time.

Do you believe there are any verbal debates that you won't try to muffle by calling anyone a racist? Do you believe there any anti-Obama discussions that are not racist? Do you think that Obama doesn't frequently and purposely try to leverage race for his direct political benefit? Do you believe that racism is only against a single race? Do you think it's worse than sexism/classism or any other pointless and cruel behavior that's based on any criteria other than individual behavior.

sure, here's one example - if someone specifically (hires a less qualified candidate, refuses to rent, refuses to buy/sell them product, treats them mean) based solely on race only preference. See, that's based on their actions. Words are cheap.

So there is nothing that anyone can say that justifies calling them a racist? A politician or commentator can say literally anything at all, and any response accusing them of racism is a lazy strawman playing the race card? You are joking.

Do you believe there are any verbal debates that you won't try to muffle by calling anyone a racist? Do you believe there any anti-Obama discussions that are not racist? Do you think that Obama doesn't frequently and purposely try to leverage race for his direct political benefit? Do you believe that racism is only against a single race? Do you think it's worse than sexism/classism or any other pointless and cruel behavior that's based on any criteria other than individual behavior.

Most of them, most of them, qualified yes, no, situationally dependant.