brenthutch

Obama administration puts EPA regs on hold.

Why has the Obama administration put a hold on the implementation of the following regulations until after the election? Aren’t these regulations supposed to protect our health and our environment, while creation green jobs? I don’t get it.
•Greenhouse Gas Regulations
•Ozone Rule
•Florida Numeric Nutrient Criteria
•EPA’s Water Guidance
•Stormwater Regulation:
•Tier III Gas Regulations:
•Boiler MACT Rule
•Cement MACT Rule:
•Coal Ash
•316(b) Cooling Towers Rule
•Farm Dust Regulations:
•Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Rule

Why has the Obama administration put a hold on the implementation of the following regulations until after the election? Aren’t these regulations supposed to protect our health and our environment, while creation green jobs? I don’t get it.
•Ozone Rule
•EPA’s Water Guidance
•Stormwater Regulation:
•Boiler MACT Rule
•Cement MACT Rule:
•Coal Ash
•Farm Dust Regulations:

they are put on hold until aftert he election when Obama will have more flexibilty. :-)

•Ozone Rule
•EPA’s Water Guidance
•Stormwater Regulation:
•Boiler MACT Rule
•Cement MACT Rule:
•Coal Ash
•Farm Dust Regulations:

they are put on hold until aftert he election when Obama will have more flexibilty. :-)

ohhh, thats gonna leave a mark
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Hey, he told Rolling Stone 6 months ago that during the campaign "I will be very clear in voicing my belief that we're going to have to take further steps to deal with climate change in a serious way."

It's simply not a winning issue right now, though.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

•Ozone Rule
•EPA’s Water Guidance
•Stormwater Regulation:
•Boiler MACT Rule
•Cement MACT Rule:
•Coal Ash
•Farm Dust Regulations:

+1

You beat me to it:ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

•Ozone Rule
•EPA’s Water Guidance
•Stormwater Regulation:
•Boiler MACT Rule
•Cement MACT Rule:
•Coal Ash
•Farm Dust Regulations:

You are confused. That's the reason Romney and Ryan give for not revealing details of their secret tax plan.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

•Ozone Rule
•EPA’s Water Guidance
•Stormwater Regulation:
•Boiler MACT Rule
•Cement MACT Rule:
•Coal Ash
•Farm Dust Regulations:

You are confused. That's the reason Romney and Ryan give for not revealing details of their secret tax plan.

Tax plan isn't secret, I have heard it and want it. the left needs to open eyes and see.

•Ozone Rule
•EPA’s Water Guidance
•Stormwater Regulation:
•Boiler MACT Rule
•Cement MACT Rule:
•Coal Ash
•Farm Dust Regulations:

Tax plan isn't secret, I have heard it and want it. the left needs to open eyes and see.

Really? So tell us which deductions will be eliminated. Tell us why Romney said he wouldn't release the details.

•Ozone Rule
•EPA’s Water Guidance
•Stormwater Regulation:
•Boiler MACT Rule
•Cement MACT Rule:
•Coal Ash
•Farm Dust Regulations:

Really? So tell us which deductions will be eliminated. Tell us why Romney said he wouldn't release the details.

He's already said that one alternative to picking out individual deductions is to have a cap on the maximum amount of deductions. This is a really good alternative because it doesn't pick on just certain industries/constituencies.

Even if it is done in a more specific way, announcing what those would be just makes it more difficult to pass in congress. Or, maybe taking a lesson from Pelosi is good - to just see what it is after it becomes law.

Also, the EPA regs being put on hold, that must be because Obama and his fellow Obamarroids want dirty air and water, so that children will die.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

•Ozone Rule
•EPA’s Water Guidance
•Stormwater Regulation:
•Boiler MACT Rule
•Cement MACT Rule:
•Coal Ash
•Farm Dust Regulations:

what deductions to be eliminated needs to be worked out but then why would he piss off groups now. Why wouldn't you be for this? If he does this the big companies not paying tax, like GE, would start to pay tax with the deductions eliminated or capped. Isn't that what the left wants is big corps to pay tax?

•Ozone Rule
•EPA’s Water Guidance
•Stormwater Regulation:
•Boiler MACT Rule
•Cement MACT Rule:
•Coal Ash
•Farm Dust Regulations:

what deductions to be eliminated needs to be worked out but then why would he piss off groups now. Why wouldn't you be for this? If he does this the big companies not paying tax, like GE, would start to pay tax with the deductions eliminated or capped. Isn't that what the left wants is big corps to pay tax?

So the details remain secret. QED

•Ozone Rule
•EPA’s Water Guidance
•Stormwater Regulation:
•Boiler MACT Rule
•Cement MACT Rule:
•Coal Ash
•Farm Dust Regulations:

So the details remain secret. QED

No, perhaps you're taking too much time studying Latin and trying to impress others. Or perhaps you don't want to recognize that he's made a very specific proposal. Try paying attention, although you're really just in denial.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

•Ozone Rule
•EPA’s Water Guidance
•Stormwater Regulation:
•Boiler MACT Rule
•Cement MACT Rule:
•Coal Ash
•Farm Dust Regulations:

He has already stated all corporate deductions are on the table, personal deductions, not so much.

Ryan, in a speech had said that he wanted to put a frame work in front of congress. As he got bipartisan agreement on which exemptions go, and the tax rate would get adjusted accordingly. He doesn't want to start naming specific deductions right now because what goes in one end of congress doesn't necessarily come out the other.... Bipartisanship, a novel new concept...:S

Plus, you know that if he started naming any green energy deductions right this second, just before the election, the democrats would start parading around the "dirty air and dirty water" adds again. We already saw them run adds saying "Big bird is the man behind wall street" after the first debate.....:S

Speaking of budgets and taxes, What's Obama's? Is he gonna ever put forth anything that won't get laughed out of both houses? Or if he gets elected, are we gonna see 3 more years without a budget and trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

. Or perhaps you don't want to recognize that he's made a very specific proposal..

No, he hasn't. He's made a number of statements, some of which contradict others, and all of them vague.

In fact in the debate he even said explicitly that he wouldn't give details. Jgoose even stated as much in the post right after yours.

Please pay attention.:P

. Or perhaps you don't want to recognize that he's made a very specific proposal..

No, he hasn't. He's made a number of statements, some of which contradict others, and all of them vague.

In fact in the debate he even said explicitly that he wouldn't give details. Jgoose even stated as much in the post right after yours.

See post #10

See post #10

I did. All it's missing are DETAILS. He's floated 2 different amounts for the cap, and hasn't actually put anything concrete down, just vague notions designed to appeal to whatever audience he's addressing at the time.

See post #10

I did. All it's missing are DETAILS. He's floated 2 different amounts for the cap, and hasn't actually put anything concrete down, just vague notions designed to appeal to whatever audience he's addressing at the time.

There will be differences of opinion about what the cap will need to be, so a range of values for it shouldn't be a surprise, unless you want to claim it not being detailed enough. It will obviously get settled as part of making the law. You're not being reasonable when you claim this is not detailed enough. Arguing about what that cap would have to be (if it is not in the range of values proposed) would be a valid point, but to say that he's not put out a proposal that is detailed enough is really weak on your part.

Dems charge that all mortgage interest and charitable donation deductions together wouldn't be enough, in an attempt to make Romney's proposal look unsound, but of course that is cherry picking it on purpose so that it looks bad. The wealthy have a lot more deductions than just those two that would be up for limitation, and getting a simple cap on the total amount would be easier to pass through congress anyway.

See post #10

GOOD GOD MAN!!!! What does that have to do with the Obama administration holding up regulations that make us all safer, happier, and more healthy?

See post #10

GOOD GOD MAN!!!! What does that have to do with the Obama administration holding up regulations that make us all safer, happier, and more healthy?

Read the thread and you'll find out.:P