RobertMBlevins

Obama Slaps Down Romney Like What?

>Mitt was right

Romney: "I want to make sure we get that for the record because it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi an act of terror."

Obama the day after the attack: "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

Are you going to have a sudden inability to comprehend English again?

No, I can read just fine

Joke of the week!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

“I haven’t,” Carney replied on September 20th. And he was speaking for the White House, not just himself, as was made clear when he cautioned reporters against thinking it was significant that “we hadn’t” called it a terrorist attack yet.

Mitt Romney had a back-and-forth last night about whether Obama treated the assault on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, as a terrorist attack or a spontaneous protest gone bad. Obama wriggled off the hook when CNN’s Candy Crowley confirmed that Obama had used the words “act of terror” during his September 12 Rose Garden speech.

Obama opened that Rose Garden speech by blaming the attack on an anti-Islam Youtube video, even though he referred generically to “acts of terror” towards the end of the speech after mentioning the September 11, 2001 attack on the World Trade Center.

The president now claims that phrase referred to the September 11, 2012 attack as well, but it took another week for the U.S. government to refer specifically to the murder of four Americans as a terrorist attack.

“I would say yes, they were killed in the course of a terrorist attack on our embassy,” NCTC director Matt Olsen told Congress on September 19th.

The next day, Carney confirmed to reporters that this was the first time they had called the attack “a terrorist attack.”

Seems that last laugh is mine:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

back and forth and back and forth ad nauseum - personal attacks, snide and snarky, nothing new

and I'm just talking about this thread :P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

back and forth and back and forth ad nauseum - personal attacks, snide and snarky, nothing new

fun isnt it
Abraham Lincoln

fun isnt it

Well since we can't agree on who won we should take a vote :)
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

It's funny how just a few weeks ago the polls were nothing but tools of the left wing media, committing outright fraud for Obama.

I never said polls mean nothing. I think they are skewed with the wrong %'s. I still think they are.... With Gallup I believe that Romney has a bigger lead than they are stating because they over sample dems.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

fun isnt it

Well since we can't agree on who won we should take a vote :)

Well, that is an idea:)
But I watched and I can not pick a winner

I am however, following the swings

So far, I like what I am seeing
Abraham Lincoln

>It is too bad he was not talking about what happened at the consulate in Bengasi at the time

Obama the day after the attack: "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America."

That was a reference to ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, the four people who were killed in Benghazi on September 11, 2012.

>But the issue here is context and comprehension

Indeed it is.

>It is too bad he was not talking about what happened at the consulate in Bengasi at the time

Obama the day after the attack: "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America."

That was a reference to ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, the four people who were killed in Benghazi on September 11, 2012.

Indeed it is.

so you're saying he got it right the first time - since it was obvious

then, for political gamesmanship he switched over to the 'video' excuse

then, when the facts came out, he switched back to the real story?

that seems a lot worse

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>so you're saying he got it right the first time - since it was obvious
>then, for political gamesmanship he switched over to the 'video' excuse
>then, when the facts came out, he switched back to the real story?

No. Is that what you are claiming?

I was disappointed in the debate. I call it a tie. Both candidates were equally bad. They bickered over the same ol' crap. BHO proved he could be as arrogant and rude as Biden. That is teamwork. Romney could have nailed BHO with the Libyan tragedy and Fast and Furious but, he missed the window of opportunity.[:/]

I haven't watched the debate, but if Ron's willing to give Obama credit for a tie then Romney must have been annihilated!:P

Bingo
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Everyone I know who was watching it here gave a pretty convincing win to Obama. Romney was doing passably until he got nailed by the "acts of terror" comment, although he started losing ground with the comment around women needing to be at home to cook dinner and the "binders full of women"
When fox news start getting upset at the moderator fact checking in real time, you know Romney's in trouble.

It was topped off by Romney gifting Obama the perfect opportunity to drop in the 47% mark right at the bell.

Obama wasn't great, but he was a hell of a lot better than last time.

I make it:
Obama/Biden 2-1 Romney/Ryan

(n.b. my fellow spectators are a mix of right and left leaning here)
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Nailing him for initially voicing this as something other than a preplanned attack...what's the point, exactly?

IMO, blaming the attack on the movie was an attempt to make nice with the Muslim Brotherhood. The real tragedy is that the four Americans were requesting help, back up, exfiltration, whatever and it was denied.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Indeed it is.

Again

It appears you are at odds with Obama and Carney

Oh

And I guess we can give you up to 9 days "correct" your story

After all, that is what you are willing to give the President
Abraham Lincoln

Obama Slaps Down Romney Like What?

I didn't see any slapping, but they sure did look like they wanted to slap each other down. I expect them both to have steam coming out of their ears for the final debate.

Anyhow, I can't seem to judge who "wins" these debates. It's about like judging who "wins" an argument in any of these threads. Highly subjective.

Is that the best you can do? :D

Bullshit. Left wingers call every act of violence terror. That made it easy for Obama to back peddle and claim he said it was a terrorist attack. The fact is this was a terrorist attack by a terrorist group aka Al Qaeda. Not some stupid movie, as Obama claimed for nearly 2 weeks. Nice attempt at spin, though.

Why haven't we been given the details of how they were killed? Why haven't they even told the families the truth?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/mother-slain-state-dept-official-tired-being-lied-and-stonewalled-obama-administration_654163.html

Blevins... a pretend-to-be skydiver who has polluted this website. Possible excuses for why this happened: 1) because our moderators have their heads up their...; 2) because of our (and thankfully for) right to free speech where I, at times, have to listen to any politically-minded, non-skydiving "swinging richard" have his say; and 3) in allowing a pretend-to-be skydiver that is suffering from lack of sunlight in left-leaning Seattle (oops! I meant the lowly town of Auburn) talk politics.

>so you're saying he got it right the first time - since it was obvious
>then, for political gamesmanship he switched over to the 'video' excuse
>then, when the facts came out, he switched back to the real story?

No. Is that what you are claiming?

Actually, to the president's credit, I do believe it. And his staged and practiced indignation on the matter pretty much showed it - he knew all along and was likely convinced by PR/pollster types to take the 'blame the video' route despite the facts - it would piss off anyone - especially when his first impressions were right all along.

They assessed the issue correctly the first time. Then were "advised" to take the other position for various reasons (legitimate as well as political expediency). Then they had to course correct as the facts came out to what they knew all along.

I see the switch around as being a PR problem, but, in real life, probably just SOP. Too bad that PR ties up our leadership so often when real issues need to be solved. It would be nice to able to act based on facts without the constraints of pissy semantics and PR jockeys parsing out every little speech.

A president that can be brutally honest and stick with it despite "poll projections" and "target group analysis" and "likelihood of voters agreeing with this statement and that statement" would be a breath of fresh air.