shah269

Plutocrats, NPS and Colbert

I may have to read this book!
Sure it will piss me off and get my stomach acids going but I think it may be good to read!

Two of the best quotes she got from a hedge fund managers were
1) The lowest paid manufacturing worker here in the US makes 10 times what the best manufacturing worker in China makes and we need to change that!
2) The American middle class is no longer my problem.

You know in the 80’s we had this outward view of I got mine so fuck off. And well yeah they did. But you know what….this shit is getting fucked up! Back in the 80’s china was a dirt road country and the best things you could get from them were paper products and maybe some steel.

Now before you get all hissy pissy and I know you want to. I’ve been to China, and let me tell you…for the price we pay for one engineer here in the US I could hire an entire floor of engineers in china! Shit you not..a floor of them! So the question is simple, are you willing to take a 90% cut in pay and quality of life so that you may be economically viable?

And before you think you bankers are safe…..i bet I could have you replaced just as easily.

I guess the only safe jobs are home health aids and doctors!

Welcome to the new future I guess?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Ad service jobs to the doctors and health aids. It's not cost effective to ship your boat to China so you bring it to me to fix and pay $95hr.;)

Very true!
Very very true.
but not every one can be or should be in direct services industry. After all if too many guys start doing what you are doing you would make less.

And you don't want that.

Let alone what do you do if no one had a boat?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

I'm glad I have alot of doctors and lawyers as customers. Even in the down times they always seem to make the $$$$$.

Seriously though, we make most of our money on boat rentals and are depending largely on the middle class. It has been a tough 4 or 5 years.

Yeah it's been a bad 10 years for the middle class.
[:/]
And with comments about the lowest paid american worker making 10 times too much compared to the best paid Chineese worker...I can't help but wonder how long before the middle class evalporates.

As a good friend who works for the World Bank stated (and this pissess off our GOP friends)
"the rich will get richer, the poor will die off and the middle class better learn how to speak spanish"

My friend told me this 10 years ago when Jesus H Bush took office....and sadly it has been very right.

The lowest paid manufacturing worker here in the US makes 10 times what the best manufacturing worker in China makes and we need to change that!

And with comments about the lowest paid american worker making 10 times too much compared to the best paid Chineese worker...I can't help but wonder how long before the middle class evaporates.

Well... to be fair, we don't "need" to do anything but it all depends on what you want to accomplish. We could knock the floor out from unskilled manufacturing wages and some jobs would come back this way but a lot of those people would be pretty tough off while the cost of living in this country rattled out. We could impose high tariffs on consumer goods and again some jobs would come back, but the goods currently enjoyed by all would be enjoyed by fewer people. We could ignore our manufacturing sector and allow wealth to accumulate around big businesses, the tech/IP industry, and other areas that remain able to compete in a global economy, but then people who can't or don't embrace the idea that a manufacturing job won't earn you into the middle class in the richest nation in a global economy will be left behind.

I think the best bet is to take a look where things are headed naturally and do our best to smooth out the transition. Clinging to things is doing the opposite.