kallend

Good news for small businesses (and their employees)

www.urban.org/UploadedPDF/412675-Implications-of-the-Affordable-Care-Act-for-American-Business.pdf

Long detailed report with this last paragraph:

Overall, the evidence simply does not support critics’
arguments that the ACA will burden employers and
undermine employer-sponsored health insurance. On
the contrary, except for a cost increase to mid-size
employers due largely to enrollment increases, the
ACA benefits rather than burdens small employers
who want to provide health insurance, leaves the
overall costs of employer-sponsored health insurance
largely unchanged, and offers the potential, through
cost containment, of slowing the growth in health care
costs, benefiting private along with public purchasers
of health insurance.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Today, federal government contracts provide about 55% of the Institute’s operating funds, foundations another 34%, and state and local governments and private individuals the rest

Jamie Gorelick and Judy Woodruff are on their BOD.

Yep, there's a source we can trust to tell the truth.

This does not fit the correct GOP-approved "everything sucks" spin and so will be rejected out of hand.

Perhaps a faithful GOP supporter could fire a bunch of people, claim it's due to Obamacare and thus "prove" it wrong.

Bill, some of us are just a bit more cynical than you. The timing of these wonderful reports about unemployment and housing raises my spidey sense. I hope I'm wrong but i didn't live 5 decades without learning a thing or 2 about a thing or 2.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

This does not fit the correct GOP-approved "everything sucks" spin and so will be rejected out of hand.

Perhaps a faithful GOP supporter could fire a bunch of people, claim it's due to Obamacare and thus "prove" it wrong.

It also fits the "all is great thanks to Obama" spin being put forth by the other side.

There is a middle ground. Things are neither as bad as some say nor as rosy as others say. And the numbers are subject to interpretation for cause.

These numbers don't exist in a vacuum. All sides know it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

It also fits the "all is great thanks to Obama" spin being put forth by the other side.

NO, it doesn't. It quite explicitly states that mid sized business would not be better off.

Maybe you should try reading it before critiquing it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>There is a middle ground. Things are neither as bad as some say nor as rosy as others say.

Exactly. We are recovering from a recession. Indexes like unemployment, foreclosures and bankruptcy rates are coming down as people get jobs and can afford their expenses again. Democrats would have you believe everything is great and the recovery has completed, all due to Obama; republicans would have you believe that we are still at the bottom of a crippling recession with no hope (other than Romney of course) in sight.

>There is a middle ground. Things are neither as bad as some say nor as rosy as others say.

Exactly. We are recovering from a recession. Indexes like unemployment, foreclosures and bankruptcy rates are coming down as people get jobs and can afford their expenses again. Democrats would have you believe everything is great and the recovery has completed, all due to Obama; republicans would have you believe that we are still at the bottom of a crippling recession with no hope (other than Romney of course) in sight.

recovering? I guess the huge increase in part time work is a recovery for you. I say it is stabilizing and waiting for something to send it up or down.
As far as the huge increase in part time jobs I feel that is because of the uncertanty and the insurance mandate in the ACA. part time is cheaper for the employer since the ACA will be in full effect by next year.

If I was a teacher:

1 I'd give this run-on sentence an F
2 Id fail the kid for stating facts about a law that won't be in effect for 2 years
3 I'd kick the kid's dad's ass for letting him type things about "cost increase to mid-size employers"

On the contrary, except for a cost increase to mid-size
employers due largely to enrollment increases, the
ACA benefits rather than burdens small employers
who want to provide health insurance, leaves the
overall costs of employer-sponsored health insurance
largely unchanged, and offers the potential, through
cost containment, of slowing the growth in health care
costs, benefiting private along with public purchasers
of health insurance.

Accordingly, the small low wage employers are very unlikely to offer insurance coverage to their workers and often find themselves at a disadvantage in competing with large employers for workers. The ACA will create a much more level playing field for these small employers, owing to the law’s market reforms, exchanges, and subsidies that will allow their workers to purchase affordable, adequate coverage directly.

So what about small high-wage employers?

And if I were a teacher, I'd start by mentioning that "If I was a teacher" is a more egregious grammatical sin than any of the sins that you enumerate.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Accordingly, the small low wage employers are very unlikely to offer insurance coverage to their workers and often find themselves at a disadvantage in competing with large employers for workers. The ACA will create a much more level playing field for these small employers, owing to the law’s market reforms, exchanges, and subsidies that will allow their workers to purchase affordable, adequate coverage directly.

So what about small high-wage employers?

They did all they could prior to the dates laws became mandatory. We lost all our coverage over a phased in program. The one and only reason, from their legal and accounting team, the ACA.

The lays offs, are a result of the lack of leadership in D.C.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!