billvon

Good news for homeowners (sorry GOP)

Good news for most Americans:

========================
Foreclosure filings drop to five-year low in September

October 11, 2012, 7:22 a.m.
LATimes

WASHINGTON -- Foreclosure filings fell in September to their lowest level in more than five years as a housing market rebound showed another sign of taking hold.

Substantial decreases in California and some other states hard-hit by the collapse of the housing bubble helped reduce filings to 180,427 last month, down 7% from August and 16% from a year earlier, according to foreclosure listing firm RealtyTrac.

The last time filings were that low was in July 2007.

Filings for the three-month period ending in September also were the lowest since the fourth quarter of 2007. RealtyTrac said there were 531,576 filings in the period, down 5% from the second quarter and 13% year-over-year, the ninth-straight quarter with an annual decrease.

“We’ve been waiting for the other foreclosure shoe to drop since late 2010, when questionable foreclosure practices slowed activity to a crawl in many areas, but that other shoe is instead being carefully lowered to the floor and therefore making little noise in the housing market — at least at a national level,” said Daren Blomquist, vice president at RealtyTrac.
. . .

California foreclosure filings were down 29% in the third quarter compared to a year earlier.
============================

Now if we can only get the prices to go back up so that people will have free capital to spend on crap like...updating their freaking HOMES and paying down their debt!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Good news for most Americans:

========================
Foreclosure filings drop to five-year low in September

October 11, 2012, 7:22 a.m.
LATimes

WASHINGTON -- Foreclosure filings fell in September to their lowest level in more than five years as a housing market rebound showed another sign of taking hold.

Substantial decreases in California and some other states hard-hit by the collapse of the housing bubble helped reduce filings to 180,427 last month, down 7% from August and 16% from a year earlier, according to foreclosure listing firm RealtyTrac.

The last time filings were that low was in July 2007.

Filings for the three-month period ending in September also were the lowest since the fourth quarter of 2007. RealtyTrac said there were 531,576 filings in the period, down 5% from the second quarter and 13% year-over-year, the ninth-straight quarter with an annual decrease.

“We’ve been waiting for the other foreclosure shoe to drop since late 2010, when questionable foreclosure practices slowed activity to a crawl in many areas, but that other shoe is instead being carefully lowered to the floor and therefore making little noise in the housing market — at least at a national level,” said Daren Blomquist, vice president at RealtyTrac.
. . .

California foreclosure filings were down 29% in the third quarter compared to a year earlier.
============================

sooner or later everything dries up, running out of deadbeats that tried to own homes had to happen sooner or later. I only feel sorry for those that got caught up in it because they lost their jobs due to the deadbeats not buying a house they could afford causing the housing collapse and financial meltdown.

Because this happened under a Democratic president.

And we all know that whatever happens in this country whether it is good or bad happens solely because of the presidents actions. No other reason.

No kidding! I get so damned tired of politicians talking as if this was a command economy 100% under the control of the administration.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>Why would the GOP be sorry about that?

Because they have been very busy trying to blame our current economic woes on Obama. They say things like "the economy will never recover with Obama as president" "Obamacare will destroy the economy" "the bailout failed and is making things worse" etc. Thus any evidence that we actually are recovering undermines their talking points and weakens their position.

I expect them to switch back to a "well, the president doesn't have anything to do with the economy" as it continues to recover, which is a good thing, because it's a lot more accurate.

I'm a lot less concerned over the presidents ability to alter any thing. Now the federal reserve is a whole different story.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/13/us-usa-fed-idUSBRE88C04T20120913

"the Fed said it would only purchase mortgage-backed debt" that debt it the mortgage on your house among other debts. That might seem rather harmless until you think "where the hell are they going to get 40 billion a month? Oh thats right they will print it out of thin air! That is so going to help our economy.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.”

I'm a lot less concerned over the presidents ability to alter any thing. Now the federal reserve is a whole different story.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/13/us-usa-fed-idUSBRE88C04T20120913

"the Fed said it would only purchase mortgage-backed debt" that debt it the mortgage on your house among other debts. That might seem rather harmless until you think "where the hell are they going to get 40 billion a month? Oh thats right they will print it out of thin air! That is so going to help our economy.

You're just jealous because you can't print $40,000,000,000 a month.

>Why would the GOP be sorry about that?

Because they have been very busy trying to blame our current economic woes on Obama. They say things like "the economy will never recover with Obama as president" "Obamacare will destroy the economy" "the bailout failed and is making things worse" etc. Thus any evidence that we actually are recovering undermines their talking points and weakens their position.

I expect them to switch back to a "well, the president doesn't have anything to do with the economy" as it continues to recover, which is a good thing, because it's a lot more accurate.

How long did it take you to perfect the art of talking out of both sides of your mouth? I never heard you making these kinds of excuses for W.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Bush (or Cheney) decided that he wanted a war with Iraq, and then took us to it. He used up all of his bipartisan goodwill by cherrypicking the information to get us there.

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, he could have single-handedly saved an entire burning orphanage's worth of cute children, and it wouldn't make up for that in the presidential excuse sweepstakes.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

hmmm. so 180,427 last month, is good? I would have thought any foreclosures would be bad. Obama's got a long way to go before he gets back to where he started....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

hmmm. so 180,427 last month, is good? I would have thought any foreclosures would be bad. Obama's got a long way to go before he gets back to where he started....

From the citation:
"The last time filings were that low was in July 2007."

Just in case it needs to be said - he took office in January, 2009.

why should GOP be sorry?

DUH!!

for the same reason anyone slightly right of of OP hugs themselves in glee everytime another soldier dies in the war while under Obama's watch

Exactly why all the lefties crowed and celebrated each death under GWB's watch and posted the tally each week

no.....wait - only one guy did that here under either presidency - and we haven't seen the tally in over ...... 4 years

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants