Gravitymaster

Why the Economy Will Never Recover with Obama as President

He's very erratic. Nobody knows what he will do next.

Yeah, what businesses need is someone who's positions are stable, rock solid, unchanging! Someone like, um...Mitt Romney?

He does flip around on social issues but he's pretty consistent on his economic plans. Certainly more acceptable to the business community than Obama.

Nonsense.

The collapse happened under the previous administration.

There's plenty of good argument to make on how this administration has dealt with the collapse, but to try and blame the collapse on Obama is downright silliness.

The economy will likely continue a very slow recovery regardless of who is elected president.

Agreed on this statement (to the poster who wrote it). The only thing that will change will be who claims credit for it (and IMO neither can).

Ian

-------------------------------------------------
Just wondering when liberals will stop pointing fingers at others and take responsibility for their OWN actions. Keep blaming bush, but BHO had four years to turn around the economy (you know...DEMOCRATS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AWESOME AT BALANCING THE ECOMONY RIGHT) as I laugh hysterically. Man up and take some responsibility instead of pointing fingers at others.

>Why the Economy Will Never Recover with Obama as President

Sucks that it did, then.

Indeed. It's on methadone right now. Not dope sick but certainly doing better than it was. Fully recovered, eh?

Fewest foreclosures last month since mid 2007. Recovery may be slow, but it's better than the reverse.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Sucks that it did, then.

Indeed. It's on methadone right now. Not dope sick but certainly doing better than it was. Fully recovered, eh?

Fewest foreclosures last month since mid 2007. Recovery may be slow, but it's better than the reverse.

Oh yes..the old "it could have been worse" claim. Put that right next to the "jobs created or saved" claim.

Real world example. My wife runs a facility that employs ~110 people. Under ACA it will be less expensive to pay the government's penalty for not offering health insurance than to provide the insurance. This is the type of stupidity that business owners see all the time. They don't dare make a move because they know Barry wants to redistribute the wealth. Safer to enter a holding pattern.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I'm not convinced that the US (or UK) economies will ever recover to what they once were. We're now seeing multinationals with a tenfold decline on profits in the last quarter compared with the same period last year. With cheaper far east companies churning out products faster and cheaper than we can ever hope to do.
Along with the BRIC nations rise the days of advantage that the USA had after WWII have been used. Now the economic rise of other nations will surely eclipse those of the USA and European nations, in 15-20 years from now this will become to pass.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

>He does flip around on social issues but he's pretty consistent on his economic plans.

Yep. Increase spending and cut taxes. I give the US three years under him before we can't pay our debt service any more.

we can't pay it now!!!! We are not paying for the debt, we are getting a Chinese loan to pay for a chinese loan. It was 6 years ago since we paid our debt with our money. the collapse is coming unless the fed gov stops spending, reguardless of who is president.

Let me ask you something, Grimmie. Why do you think this has been a "jobless recovery"? The poor number of jobs created is unprecedented in our history. What "theory" would you say explains that? Why aren't businesses hiring?

Corporate profits are at an all time high but yet so is the unemployment rate. Why do you think that is?

Your second question answers your first question.

Why would business hire employees when they have figured out how to make just as much, or more money with less staff?

If you haven't figured out how to do that in your business, I would suggest you stop spending this much time on the Internet and start focussing on your business.

>He does flip around on social issues but he's pretty consistent on his economic plans.

Yep. Increase spending and cut taxes. I give the US three years under him before we can't pay our debt service any more.

Although that works as chat room fodder, I seriously doubt that's what his plan is.

Let me ask you something, Grimmie. Why do you think this has been a "jobless recovery"? The poor number of jobs created is unprecedented in our history. What "theory" would you say explains that? Why aren't businesses hiring?

Corporate profits are at an all time high but yet so is the unemployment rate. Why do you think that is?

Your second question answers your first question.

Why would business hire employees when they have figured out how to make just as much, or more money with less staff?

If you haven't figured out how to do that in your business, I would suggest you stop spending this much time on the Internet and start focussing on your business.

More blah, blah from another keyboard entrepenuer.

Businesses are not just figuring out they can make money by doing nothing. What's happening is they aren't spending money to expand their business and don't need to hire anyone.

I would suggest you actually start a business and gain some real world knowledge instead of relying on internet websites and theories before offering advice. I'm thinking about a wuffo who once read a book about skydiving.

Although that works as chat room fodder, I seriously doubt that's what his plan is.

Since his positions change on a daily basis, I doubt anyone knows what his plan is.

Since his positions change on a daily basis, I doubt anyone knows what his plan is.

Well, I guess we will just have to elect him to find out, won't we?

I would suggest you actually start a business and gain some real world knowledge instead of relying on internet websites and theories before offering advice.

lol. I am responsible for $1 billion worth of assets. If I manage cashflow so poorly I need emergency funding, I am out of a job. I don't get the option of an emergency loan.

Businesses are not just figuring out they can make money by doing nothing.

That's not what I said.

By the way, this is the same concept as what happened in The Netherlands a couple of decades ago. As a form of job creation, the government forced shorter work weeks. In stead of hiring new people, businesses improved employee productivity.

In the end, more jobs were not really created, but it did make Dutch worders some of the more productive in the world.

In this case it is market driven, not governmment driven, but the result is the same. If you are unable to do the same in your business, it really isn't Obama's fault.

I don't understand why you think my company is having problems. Perhaps you just need something to attack. We are fine, just not hiring and we won't be hiring anyone until there is some stabilization of government policies and until we can develop a clearer picture of what lies ahead. Most business owners I associate with feel the same way. We just aren't going to hire right now. We demand greater productivity from the employees we have. If they can't get the job done, we will find someone who can.

Managing money is not running a business. My CPA manages my money, he doesn't tell me what business decisions to make.

unfortunately, he (and Ryan) don't have time to tell us what his plan is. Or at least that's the story they're sticking to. So far we only know that he'll cut spending to PBS.

Sucks that it did, then.

I'm selling a house next week for $125,000 that I gave $200,000 for six years ago. Are you telling me the economy has recovered and I shouldn't sell at this price?

Housing prices aren't the only measure of an economy, but the bursting of that bubble certainly weight down on the recovery. You overpaid 6 years ago, like anyone else who bought then. The mid 90s till 2007 was a period where housing appreciation was stupidly high, hardly better than dotcom stocks. Historically the appreciation in home values is closer to 5% or less. We're going to plateau for a good while just to regress to the mean. I do believe you have until the end of the year to short sell property and not owe taxes on the underwater portion, so that could be a reason to sell at 125. If you can stay for the longer term, it will start to appreciate again.

The stock market is another incomplete measure of the economy (and people's retirement balances), and that one doubled in the past 4 years, certainly qualifies as a recovery.

Sucks that it did, then.

I'm selling a house next week for $125,000 that I gave $200,000 for six years ago. Are you telling me the economy has recovered and I shouldn't sell at this price?

It is not Bush's, Obama's, Pelosi's, Boehner's or anyone else's fault but YOURS (and possibly a mortgage broker helped) that you paid an overinflated price during a market bubble. A recovered economy doesn't mean that previously overpriced properties will return to being overpriced.

Yep, BHO is consistent in that he will save Big Bird and blame America for the deaths of Americans at the hands of Islamic terrorists. What a guy!
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

We are fine, just not hiring and we won't be hiring anyone until there is some stabilization of government policies and until we can develop a clearer picture of what lies ahead. Most business owners I associate with feel the same way. We just aren't going to hire right now. We demand greater productivity from the employees we have.

Then what is the problem? Sounds like business is doing well.

Managing money is not running a business. My CPA manages my money, he doesn't tell me what business decisions to make.

Cash flow management is certainly a decent part of running a business. As you indicated before, since you failed to direct enough resources towards your AR department (business decision), you had to apply for an emergency loan (cash flow issue), with additional costs.(business issue)

Well, I guess we will just have to elect him to find out, won't we?

Why not, that is how we got Obamacare and the left thinks it is the greatest thing since the wheel.

Yep, BHO is consistent in that he will save Big Bird and blame America for the deaths of Americans at the hands of Islamic terrorists. What a guy!

Romney and Ryan are consistent in blaming Obama for deficits caused in no small part by 2 unfunded wars started by Bush, with no plan to pay for them except to borrow the money.

Romney and Ryan are consistent in blaming Obama for deficits caused in no small part by 2 unfunded wars started by Bush, with no plan to pay for them except to borrow the money.

Rightly so, BHO's main issue was Obamacare which exacerbated the problem. President Bush's main concern was national security and retaliation. BHO's agenda is redistribution of wealth. Consequently, small business is afraid to make the necessary moves to get the economy back on track.

It was BHO's job to fix the problem. He ignored it and created a bigger one. He is not a leader.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.