airdvr

Finally Mitt airs an ad...

That's a really great ad.

"Vote for me and the future will all be pink clouds and unicorns" :D:D

I think it says "vote for Obama and we will see 4 more years of dispair"

I think it says "the GOP engineered recession of 2007-9 was so deep that even 4 years into the recovery there's more to do."

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I think it says "the GOP engineered recession of 2007-9 was so deep that even 4 years into the recovery there's more to do."

BDS

That ad is over a month old. I was hoping by now he would have had something a bit harder hitting and containing info from the last few weeks worth of content including something to tear about the "47%" ad that is running non-stop anymore.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

You have to admit that the similarities between the '08 and '12 campaigns are striking. Empty promises.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

You have to admit that the similarities between the '08 and '12 campaigns are striking. Empty promises.

Nope. In 2008 we had a shrinking economy, a declining stock market, and a housing market crashing about our ears.

We now have a growing economy, a rising stock market, and a recovering housing market. Would I like a faster recovery? Sure. But at least the direction is up in 2012 as opposed to down in 2008.

Nope. In 2008 we had a shrinking economy, a declining stock market, and a housing market crashing about our ears.

We now have a growing economy, http://www.google.com/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&ctype=l&met_y=gdp_production_annual_growth&hl=en&dl=en#!ctype=l&strail=false&bcs=d&nselm=h&met_y=ny_gdp_mktp_kd_zg&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&rdim=region&idim=region:NAC&ifdim=region&hl=en_US&dl=en&ind=false

a rising stock market, http://www.virtueofselfishinvesting.com/articles/display/The-Fourth-Year-of-Quantitative-Easing

and a recovering housing market. Would I like a faster recovery? Sure. But at least the direction is up in 2012 as opposed to down in 2008.

1 out of 3 ain't bad. And it only cost $700 billion. :S
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

We now have a growing economy, http://www.google.com/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&ctype=l&met_y=gdp_production_annual_growth&hl=en&dl=en#!ctype=l&strail=false&bcs=d&nselm=h&met_y=ny_gdp_mktp_kd_zg&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&rdim=region&idim=region:NAC&ifdim=region&hl=en_US&dl=en&ind=false

a rising stock market, http://www.virtueofselfishinvesting.com/articles/display/The-Fourth-Year-of-Quantitative-Easing

and a recovering housing market. Would I like a faster recovery? Sure. But at least the direction is up in 2012 as opposed to down in 2008.

1 out of 3 ain't bad. And it only cost $700 billion. :S

You need to learn how to read graphs. Your graph simply confirms what I wrote.

2008 GDP declined 0.29%
2010 GDP increased 3.03%
2011 GDP increased 1.75%

We now have a growing economy, a rising stock market, and a recovering housing market. Would I like a faster recovery? Sure. But at least the direction is up in 2012 as opposed to down in 2008.

The faux growth is being supported with borrowed money from China. Reminds me of someone living in a big house, driving a Lexus and dining out every night, all being paid for on a credit card. You call that prosperity? If so you have a very strange understanding of economics.

The faux growth is being supported with borrowed money from China. Reminds me of someone living in a big house, driving a Lexus and dining out every night, all being paid for on a credit card. You call that prosperity? If so you have a very strange understanding of economics.

The US has been borrowing money for the entire length of its existence except for a couple of years when Andrew Jackson was president. You have a strange understanding of history.

However, GDP IS growing now, and wasn't in 2008.

>The faux growth is being supported with borrowed money from China. Reminds me of
>someone living in a big house, driving a Lexus and dining out every night, all being
>paid for on a credit card. You call that prosperity?

Well, it's a false prosperity; looks great until you have to pay it back. I was surprised to hear Romney during the debates listing all the programs he would NOT cut as he reduced taxes; several times he said he'd restore spending that Obama cut. Sounds like a plan for bankruptcy. Wasn't he the fiscally conservative candidate originally?

>The faux growth is being supported with borrowed money from China. Reminds me of
>someone living in a big house, driving a Lexus and dining out every night, all being
>paid for on a credit card. You call that prosperity?

Well, it's a false prosperity; looks great until you have to pay it back. I was surprised to hear Romney during the debates listing all the programs he would NOT cut as he reduced taxes; several times he said he'd restore spending that Obama cut. Sounds like a plan for bankruptcy. Wasn't he the fiscally conservative candidate originally?

that was really WEIRD - I know it's really about net balance and both stayed true to form. But it was still weird to hear the rep argue to retain spending while the dem defended cuts. (macro picture matters - it's not cut and dry. Same discussion applies about talking only tax cuts and not about the rest of the picture - see, both sides tried to play that game)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

No, republicans have not been a party of fiscal conservatism for many years. Bush spent like a drunken sailor. If Democrats can be described as tax-and-spend liberals (which isn't really accurate either) than Republicans are borrow-and-spend fiscally irresponsibles.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

That is like a medic bragging over a corpse about how well he stopping the bleeding.

That is like a medic bragging over a corpse about how well he stopping the bleeding.

GDP growth has been positive for each of the last 12 quarters.

Bush, however, gave us the worst recession in 2 generations.

Still think he's responsible eh?

He is responsible for the 2007 recession in the exact same way that Obama is responsible for 1.3% growth.

Woo Hoo! Obama is AWESOME! 1.3% GDP growth!!! HAPPY DAYS ARE HEAR AGAIN!!! Unemployment downt to 7.8%!! Yay!

3rd quarter 2008 GDP DROPS 3·7%
4th quarter 2008 GDP DROPS 8.9%

510,000 jobs LOST in 4th quarter 2008.

Yep that GOP administration sure gave us the good times.

Still think he's responsible eh?

He is responsible for the 2007 recession in the exact same way that Obama is responsible for 1.3% growth.

so you are saying both Bush and Obama are idiots, good now we can move forward and elect someone else.

Woo Hoo! Obama is AWESOME! 1.3% GDP growth!!! HAPPY DAYS ARE HEAR AGAIN!!! Unemployment downt to 7.8%!! Yay!

3rd quarter 2008 GDP DROPS 3·7%
4th quarter 2008 GDP DROPS 8.9%

510,000 jobs LOST in 4th quarter 2008.

Yep that GOP administration sure gave us the good times.

what was the first 6 years and what was the average over Bush's 8 years the compare that to Obama's 4 years