kasch

The 5 Most Badass Presidents of All-Time

http://www.cracked.com/article_15895_the-5-most-badass-presidents-all-time.html

Another gem, last one I'll link. Trying so hard not to laugh too hard in the office reading these things.
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

"speak softy and bludgeon them with a big stick"
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Andrew Jackson wins...hands down.

Yup. Lipping off to a sword wielding British officer during the American Revolution (while a prisoner) is seriously badass, seriously stupid, or both.

His brother did the same and ended up dying from the wounds. Adrew just carried the scars.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Yup. Lipping off to a sword wielding British officer during the American Revolution (while a prisoner) is seriously badass, seriously stupid, or both.

His brother did the same and ended up dying from the wounds. Adrew just carried the scars.

Also, a guy comes after you with a gun to assassinate you. You use your walking stick to beat the shit out of him.

THAT'S badass.

I mean, seriously, name one other President who personally beat the shit out of his would be assassin.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

FDR dragged this country out of the depression and kicked the crap out of Hitler. From a wheelchair.
Chester A Arthur kept a hooker in the White House.
Andrew Jackson not only stopped the guy from shooting him, but was intent on beating him to death, but they stopped him.
Teddy Roosevelt gave a campaign speak with a bullet in his side.
Lincoln was a wrestler, and in those days that was more like MMA without the gloves.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

They don't make Presidents like they used to, that's for damn sure!

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

They don't make people like they used to.

Take 99% of the population of the US and drop them in the woods and they'd be dead inside a week. This is not a statement about the people, but what life skills are taught and not taught at this point.

I'm ashamed to say it, but I don't know how to milk a cow or plow 40 acres with one. Learning that just never came up, but they were key factor in civilization 5,000 years ago. Oh, I know the theory of how to do both, but haven't a clue as to how to really do them.

In the post apocalyptic world you'd want me to be your astronomer to predict planting seasons and the story teller around your camp fire, but I'd be dead long before civilization rebuilt itself to that point...as would most of us.
quade -

He wasn't alone, he had Wilson to help him through it.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Also, a guy comes after you with a gun to assassinate you. You use your walking stick to beat the shit out of him.

THAT'S badass.

I mean, seriously, name one other President who personally beat the shit out of his would be assassin.

Well, the guns the guy was holding misfired. As in the guy pulled the triggers but there was no BANG.

Then Jackson proceeded to beat him nearly to death with a cane.
Still seriously badass, but the guy was not armed when Jackson went after him (well, he was but the guns weren't usable as guns).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Take 99% of the population of the US and drop them in the woods and they'd be dead inside a week.

The ones that aren't dead in a week will be considered separatists, enemies of the state, and will be brought in to answer for their crimes.

On another note, one must check out some other facets of bad-ass.

Teddy Roosevelt was bad ass. So was Jackson. Those aren’t disputed.

One dude left off a lot of lists is George HW Bush. The son of a senator, Bush quit school and became a naval aviator during WW2 as an ensign. Then he turned 19. He fought during that war, got promoted and during one raid he took some AAA and his plane was caught fire. He flew on, completed his bombing run, then turned around and bailed out over the ocean. One crew member went in with the plane, the other’s canopy never opened. He was rescued by a submarine, returned and ran his combat missions up to about 60 in 1944. He was sent back as an instructor pilot. Then he turned 21.

Then he became a businessman. Then a Congressman. Then Ambassador to the UN. Then Director of the CIA. Nowadays he spends his birthdays skydiving with the Golden Knights.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I'll agree Bush 41 is pretty bad ass. I have a lot of respect for him.

Bush 43, on the other hand...uh...not so much.

Oh, that's a shocker...I thought you might've argued that 43 was so bad-ass that he single handedly destroyed the world as we know it!
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I'll agree Bush 41 is pretty bad ass. I have a lot of respect for him.

Bush 43, on the other hand...uh...not so much.

Oh, that's a shocker...I thought you might've argued that 43 was so bad-ass that he single handedly destroyed the world as we know it!

I actually feel a certain amount of pity for ol' GWB. Pretty sure he thought he knew what he was doing, but got lead down the primrose path by some very nasty folks, mostly signatory members of the PNAC.

But that's another story for another thread. Let's get back to talking total badasses.
quade -

Let's get back to talking total badasses.

Harry Truman...the ONLY person ever to nuke a city ~ TWICE!

And as far a war heroes...JFK was playing 'All In' drivin' a plywood boat against destroyers. He could have 'opted out' with family ties but took the high road.

Gotta give Clinton props too...how could anyone BUT a bad-ass think Lewinski gnawin' on yer Johnson could end well!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Of course there are still people like that - lots of them. Problem is the huddled politically correct masses would no way no how elect somebody like that President these days. The masses are getting exactly what they deserve by demanding their candidates be superficial ideologists; and then on top of that requiring their choice line up exactly with their personal opinion. Such people do not exist; so we end up with a nation led by a bunch of pretenders, actors, clowns, and downright idiots.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley