RonD1120

40 Days of Prayer

Do you happen to have an insight of what god's will for the nation is?

Pray The Week Sunday September 23rd: Malachi 3:18, “So you will again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him.”;
Father, we pray that the American people will once again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve You and those who do not. We pray that we will choose righteous rulers, that we may live in peace with man and with You the One True God.

So if Obama is re-elected, is that "God's Will"?
Would that make Romney the "wicked" one?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I received my absentee ballot notice from the state of Pennsylvania (major wing state) today by email.

I usually don't vote either R or D, but your folks are putting on such a shitshow in the primaries this year that I feel compelled to vote for a major party this time around. I'll be voting to re-elect Obama.

Thank you for your prayers.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

40 Days of Prayer is a call to fervent prayer for our elections. We are in desperate days as a nation as the spiritual, moral and financial fabric of our nation is disintegrating around us. Believers need to pray as never before. America's National Prayer Committee and its member organizations are putting out a call to pray 40 days prior to the elections (September 28 - November 6).

http://www.40daysofprayer.net/

So when Obama wins, will it be Gods fault or the fault of people not praying enough?

It is not a question of fault. It is about God's will for the nation.

So you're saying if Obama wins that will be the will of God.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

40 Days of Prayer is a call to fervent prayer for our elections. We are in desperate days as a nation as the spiritual, moral and financial fabric of our nation is disintegrating around us. Believers need to pray as never before. America's National Prayer Committee and its member organizations are putting out a call to pray 40 days prior to the elections (September 28 - November 6).

Prayer, of course, has been shown to have no objective effect whatsoever.:)

And it has been shown it may make a objective difference too.

Conclusions Remote, intercessory prayer was associated with lower CCU course scores. This result suggests that prayer may be an effective adjunct to standard medical care.

http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=485161
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

So when Obama wins, will it be Gods fault or the fault of people not praying enough?

So you're saying when Obama won that was the will of God.

And for as long as Obama is in power it is Ron's duty as a Christian to follow whatever decisions he or his government makes. Because according to Ron, even though he hates him, Obama is essentially God's first officer in the USA.

Kinda gives you a warm fuzzy feeling thinking about that, doesn't it?:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Just did a few rounds around the block with my prayer team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4q6eaLn2mY ROMNEY 2012!!!!

Goddamnit fuck that, I just listened to the Sermon on the Mount. Obama 2012!!

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

So you're saying when Obama won that was the will of God.

And for as long as Obama is in power it is Ron's duty as a Christian to follow whatever decisions he or his government makes. Because according to Ron, even though he hates him, Obama is essentially God's first officer in the USA.

Kinda gives you a warm fuzzy feeling thinking about that, doesn't it?:P

Actually its an interesting point, the Druze in Israel believe that and so serve in the IDF.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

So you're saying if Obama wins that will be the will of God.

Only in the sense that it will be God turning his back on us. Christian can't loose, what ever happens after you pray, it's God's will.

I know you didn't mean it this way but, actually you are on the right track.

"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

2 Corinthians 2:14
New King James Version (NKJV)
14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I didn't see any references against Obama or the democrats. Indeed some of the things they pray for are planks of the Democratic platform:

"Help us not to trust in our . . . military might. Lord."

"Pray for our judicial system and lawmakers, that justice for all, tempered by mercy and compassion, will guide our nation." (Think about what that means as applied to illegal aliens for example.)

"Though this is a proud heritage and a significant part of who we are as a nation, we have always served as a refuge imperfectly. Some groups were more welcome than others. Some arrived and wondered if they were, in fact, better off here. We still struggle with what it means to open our national doors to others." (Again, think about what that means to immigration policy.)

Of course the references to "God in the Constitution" and the rise of secular humanism are primarily right wing planks. But it's not all that biased, and there are none of the dog whistles you see in (for example) intelligent design websites that seek only to oppose the teaching of evolutionary science.

They may be a right wing organization for all I know. But if their message is really just "pray for a government that supports our views" then great; it might even get more people to the voting booth (which is a good thing for the US overall.)

I think God should stick to burning bushes, floods and other mayhem he's good at.
Politics isn't his forte. After all, he did tell Rick Perry, Michelle Bachmann and Herman Cain to run for the nomination.
Couldn't we have 40 days of prayer for all of the starving homeless kids in America. That seems like a better use of time and effort...

Prayer, of course, has been shown to have no objective effect whatsoever.:)

And it has been shown it may make a objective difference too.

Conclusions Remote, intercessory prayer was associated with lower CCU course scores. This result suggests that prayer may be an effective adjunct to standard medical care.

http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=485161

There have been a lot of studies on intercessory prayer and medical results. Overall pretty inconclusive, with some studies showing some effect but those have generally not been repeatable. An interesting area of research, I believe the leading guy was a Duke Univeristy when I was following that more closely but that was at least 10 years ago.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Did you check out the link?

Yup, lots of hand wringing over an election.
What if the Muslims are praying for Obama and he wins, then what? Does that mean god is a Muslim?
If Romney wins does that mean god lives on a planet?
Why didn't Sarah Palin win, she seems pretty religious?
I'm confused...