RonD1120

40 Days of Prayer

40 Days of Prayer is a call to fervent prayer for our elections. We are in desperate days as a nation as the spiritual, moral and financial fabric of our nation is disintegrating around us. Believers need to pray as never before. America's National Prayer Committee and its member organizations are putting out a call to pray 40 days prior to the elections (September 28 - November 6).

http://www.40daysofprayer.net/
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

40 Days of Prayer is a call to fervent prayer for our elections. We are in desperate days as a nation as the spiritual, moral and financial fabric of our nation is disintegrating around us. Believers need to pray as never before. America's National Prayer Committee and its member organizations are putting out a call to pray 40 days prior to the elections (September 28 - November 6).

So when Obama wins, will it be Gods fault or the fault of people not praying enough?

So when Obama wins, will it be Gods fault or the fault of people not praying enough?

It is not a question of fault. It is about God's will for the nation.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Do you happen to have an insight of what god's will for the nation is?

AAwwwww

What a cute question

:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Do you happen to have an insight of what god's will for the nation is?

Pray The Week Sunday September 23rd: Malachi 3:18, “So you will again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him.”;
Father, we pray that the American people will once again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve You and those who do not. We pray that we will choose righteous rulers, that we may live in peace with man and with You the One True God.

Prayer, of course, has been shown to have no objective effect whatsoever.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Prayer, of course, has been shown to have no objective effect whatsoever.:)

Bear in mind, it is the subjective effect that is of importance now. The objective effect is the blessed hope, a future event.

So what does the nation need you to pray for?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Pray The Week Sunday September 23rd:

What time zone is the big guy in? Early prayers don't count? Late prayers? What if your on a ship at sea...

Over one million people will die from malaria this year alone, and yet it is more important to rally the faithful in prayer to rid the United States of Obama?

Very odd priorities.

I think you're forgetting that God is in control of everything, which includes Obama winning the last election.

What exactly are you praying for?

Sounds like it is basically praying that the U.S. will experience a "Great Awakening."

This page explains the suggested prayers:

http://www.prayerconnect.net/resources/prayer-guides/2012-election-prayer-guide

Looks like they don't want a Mormon.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Does God have a favorite in the race? Has He communicated this to His followers, or are His followers petitioning Him for their favorite?

Do all Christians (or all religious people) have the same favorite and want God to throw the election? Or has God decided who will win and is soliciting prayer from His flock?

What kind of chaos will there be, and will it be confusing to God if all of His followers do not want the same person to win?

If equal numbers of people pray equally vigorously, will the election be a tie?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

This makes sense to me. I know people who pray for "God's will," and I can understand that more than praying for specific things. Even for someone who doesn't believe in God, I see this practice as a form of acceptance - an active and perhaps ritualistic approach to acceptance. And I can't really argue with that. We need a certain level of acceptance whether we believe in God or not, and I think we all have different ways of finding it.

Sometimes I wonder why you post this stuff in here - if it simply amuses you to get the negative feedback. I mean, it's not exactly a pro-religion forum. But perhaps it's more of a "What's the point of preaching to the choir?" sort of thing?

This makes sense to me. I know people who pray for "God's will," and I can understand that more than praying for specific things. Even for someone who doesn't believe in God, I see this practice as a form of acceptance - an active and perhaps ritualistic approach to acceptance. And I can't really argue with that. We need a certain level of acceptance whether we believe in God or not, and I think we all have different ways of finding it.

Sometimes I wonder why you post this stuff in here - if it simply amuses you to get the negative feedback. I mean, it's not exactly a pro-religion forum. But perhaps it's more of a "What's the point of preaching to the choir?" sort of thing?

"Welcome to Speaker's Corner! This forum is intended for discussions outside skydiving, and was created after certain types of discussions in the Bonfire area (primarily concerning politics, guns and religion) became overly contentious and began driving people away from Bonfire. We recognize that some people want to discuss some of these more-contentious issues, and thus Speaker's Corner was created."

I am the founder of the Christian Skydivers Association along with Mike Lewis and four other original members of the board. I was given that vision in 1984 and I have remained obedient.

It is my duty and responsibility to bring forth the message of salvation, Scripture from the Word of God and, direction from the Holy Spirit to bring skydivers closer to a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Right now believers are greatly concerned about the future of America. Thus, we pray.

"Welcome to Speaker's Corner! This forum is intended for discussions outside skydiving, and was created after certain types of discussions in the Bonfire area (primarily concerning politics, guns and religion) became overly contentious and began driving people away from Bonfire. We recognize that some people want to discuss some of these more-contentious issues, and thus Speaker's Corner was created."

I am the founder of the Christian Skydivers Association along with Mike Lewis and four other original members of the board. I was given that vision in 1984 and I have remained obedient.

It is my duty and responsibility to bring forth the message of salvation, Scripture from the Word of God and, direction from the Holy Spirit to bring skydivers closer to a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Right now believers are greatly concerned about the future of America. Thus, we pray.

Thanks. I hope I didn't imply that you shouldn't post this stuff in here. And your explanation of why you do is much better than my assumptions of why you do. :)