rushmc

Obama's UN Speech

>Fact is, they were warned of planned violence. The journal of the murdered
>ambassador also indicates that the state dept and the admin had credible
>warning of violence

Hmm. Back in 2001 when Bush was presented with a CIA briefing entitled "BIN LADEN DETERMINED TO STRIKE IN US" that contained information on Bin Laden targeting buildings and planning to hijack airplanes, some people thought that it was a credible warning, and that with 36 days to prepare they could have done something. You replied:

"I have some ocean front property in Arizona. Interested?"

Fascinating how your logic changes to support your political leanings.

>warning of violence

Hmm. Back in 2001 when Bush was presented with a CIA briefing entitled "BIN LADEN DETERMINED TO STRIKE IN US" that contained information on Bin Laden targeting buildings and planning to hijack airplanes, some people thought that it was a credible warning, and that with 36 days to prepare they could have done something. You replied:

Please

link the thread for context for me
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The warning was NOT about any video and had nothing to do with any video.

You should do more than read the headlines from the Examiner, Fox, and Newsmax. The warning was about potential violent reaction to the airing of the video. That's all it was about.

And I guess you think that even though the ambassador felt threatened he would say nothing to the State Dept?

Three things:

1) Where did I say anything of the sort? You're just making up crazy strawmen now.

2) The Ambassador works for the State Department. In fact, in Libya, the Ambassador to Libya IS the State Department.

3) Of course the Ambassador would report up the chain regarding feeling threatened. What does that have to do with anything?

- Dan G

============================================
Had Gorelick's procedures prevented Bush from receiving a warning that Bin Laden was determined to strike the US, then I would tend to agree. However, Bush WAS warned, and he alone had the power to stop it in time. Hard to blame Gorelick for lack of action on the executive's part.
===========================================
I have some ocean front property in Arizona. Interested??
=========================================

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2941909;search_string=%26quot%3Bbin%20laden%20determined%26quot%3B;#2941909

Good friend of mine was a USMC embassy guard in Rome and Tanzania. I'm wondering how anyone got over the wall without suffering lead poisoning.

I suspect it has something to do with this:

"Marine Security Guards focus on the interior security of a diplomatic post's building(s). In only the most extreme emergency situations are they authorized duties exterior to the building(s) or to provide special protection to the senior diplomatic officer off of the diplomatic compound. MSGs carry a certain level of diplomatic immunity in the performance of their official duties."

to clarify additionally:

"The primary mission of the MSG is to provide security, particularly the protection of classified information and equipment vital to the national security of the United States at American diplomatic posts."

This makes sense based on my experiences overseas and interacting with the state department.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

>Using the 'Bush was warned' excuse and trying to frame it in
>post 9/11 terms is misguided at best.

I'm not. I'm just comparing RushMC's takes on warnings given to a democratic vs. a republican president. When a democratic president is presented with the possibility of violence, he is negligent. He "ignored the warnings" that "may have saved the lives of 4 people" because "all he ever has is excuses."

But when a republican president is presented with very clear warnings that an attack is about to happen within the US, anyone who believes he should have done something is delusional.

Had Gorelick's procedures prevented Bush from receiving a warning that Bin Laden was determined to strike the US, then I would tend to agree. However, Bush WAS warned, and he alone had the power to stop it in time. Hard to blame Gorelick for lack of action on the executive's part.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2941909;search_string=%26quot%3Bbin%20laden%20determined%26quot%3B;#2941909

thanks

It seems that there is more supporting doc released lately that indicate Bush had more warning that we were told at the time

Seems very similar to what is happening today
Abraham Lincoln

The admin had three days warning this was coming

The only story I've so far seen you quote said absolutely nothing of the kind.

Could you please find a source that says the US had specific warning that an attack on the embassy was imminent?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

thanks

It seems that there is more supporting doc released lately that indicate Bush had more warning that we were told at the time

Seems very similar to what is happening today

Once again, Marc, you have been hoisted on your own petard.

Bill has nailed you to the wall. You are squealing like a cornered Right Wing Conservative who has just had their nose rubbed into their hipocrisy, and has discovered the foul stench that hipocrisy has.

Do you deny your own words, now? Do you stand by what you said and wrote, whatever it is?

Shrub was warned and did NOTHING. Obama was warned and took appropriate measures. Obama's measures did not go far enough. At least he tried. Your boy did squat.

Ignorance can be corrected. Stupidity cannot.

>warning of violence

Noting that Pee Wee Herman was better qualified to wield executive power than GWB does not suggest that Paul Rubens' alter ego was at all suited to the role.

GWB was/is an idiot. Agreed.

Obama is a poser. He's neither negro or caucasian - he's a half-kaf' - so he tailors his persona to his audience.

With a good six months preparation, he would be ready for a Freshman course in many of the technical subjects on which he presumes to hold forth.

If he reads something intelligible from the teleprompter, bully for him. I have no reason to conclude that he has done his homework enough to differentiate between the valid and the fanciful, and he seems to put forth either with equal gravity.

At any rate, while GWB is breathtakingly incompetent, BHO is giving him a run for his money.

BSBD,

Winsor

>warning of violence

Noting that Pee Wee Herman was better qualified to wield executive power than GWB does not suggest that Paul Rubens' alter ego was at all suited to the role.

Obama is a poser. He's neither negro or caucasian - he's a half-kaf' - so he tailors his persona to his audience.

With a good six months preparation, he would be ready for a Freshman course in many of the technical subjects on which he presumes to hold forth.

If he reads something intelligible from the teleprompter, bully for him. I have no reason to conclude that he has done his homework enough to differentiate between the valid and the fanciful, and he seems to put forth either with equal gravity.

At any rate, while GWB is breathtakingly incompetent, BHO is giving him a run for his money.

BSBD,

Winsor

How do you feel about having roll down windows on airliners?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>warning of violence

BSBD,

Winsor

How do you feel about having roll down windows on airliners?

That's not allowed.

The Flight Attendant made it quite clear that you must go out on the wing if you wish to smoke aboard the aircraft.

Film had nothing to do with the attack

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/26/14105135-libyan-president-to-nbc-anti-islam-film-had-nothing-to-do-with-us-consulate-attack?lite
Abraham Lincoln

Film had nothing to do with the attack

So you finally admit there was no warning of the attack. Good for you.

Well this is an interesting twist

and you know better
Abraham Lincoln