Skyrad

SF strike on Iranian Nukes

Cruisers, aircraft carriers and minesweepers from 25 nations are converging on the strategically important Strait of Hormuz in an unprecedented show of force as Israel and Iran move towards the brink of war.

Western leaders are convinced that Iran will retaliate to any attack by attempting to mine or blockade the shipping lane through which passes around 18 million barrels of oil every day, approximately 35 per cent of the world’s oil traded by sea.

A blockade would have a catastrophic effect on the fragile economies of Britain, Europe the United States and Japan, all of which rely heavily on oil and gas supplies from the Gulf.

If it was done to us we would be calling it an act of terrorism and the ones who did it would be called terrorists. Viewed as the scum of the earth, and cowards.

I honestly don't care as long as at minimum you guys notice that you have no standards or consistent principles, you simply pick a side and support it......Love IS blind so i am sure you think of your selves as rational ..What a joke:)
Can we at least be honest and admit when we have surrounded a country and were marching to war that WE ARE THE AGGRESORS. How about a little bit of honesty, I know it will take away from your fantasy war movie like view of the world but come on.

Directed at all of you who are celebrating this act of war and terrorism just because it’s done by people who you relate to.

No different then the idiots who were dancing in the streets after 9-11. We will never learn as long as we have trible thinking.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

If it was done to us we would be calling it an act of terrorism and the ones who did it would be called terrorists. Viewed as the scum of the earth, and cowards.

I honestly don't care as long as at minimum you guys notice that you have no standards or consistent principles, you simply pick a side and support it......Love IS blind so i am sure you think of your selves as rational ..What a joke:)
Can we at least be honest and admit when we have surrounded a country and were marching to war that WE ARE THE AGGRESORS. How about a little bit of honesty, I know it will take away from your fantasy war movie like view of the world but come on.

Directed at all of you who are celebrating this act of war and terrorism just because it’s done by people who you relate to.

No different then the idiots who were dancing in the streets after 9-11. We will never learn as long as we have trible thinking.

I don't know about you, but I see just a little bit of difference between deliberately targeting civilians and targeting infrastructure.

Iran has been defying pretty much the entire world over their nuke programs. The only real dispute has been how far different countries are willing to go.

And don't forget that Iran has a whole lot of it's own citizens not very happy with the government (and it's reaction to their protests). It's slipped from the headlines, but it hasn't stopped.

Blowing up powerlines is basic sabotage. I wouldn't be too surprised if it was Iranian nationals backed by foreign help, advice and supply.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I agree with Darius. Sending military forces in to sabotage another country's industry is an act of war. It's an invasion of sovereignty of another country by executive fiat.

Acts of War in Pakistan, Iran, Libya, Egypt, Yemen. Then Libya commits an act of war by killing our ambassador and occupying the American embassy.

We have lost any and all moral high ground. We''re off capping people on foreign soil. We're sabotaging industrial processes. Etc. Acts of war.

And pretty much bragging about it. Darius is right. Look at the acts, not the actors.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Hopefully Obama won't claim credit so he can use it as a campaign issue.

If I posted a thread about a lesbian kayak club based in Turkey some American would find a way to make it about Obama or Romney :S
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

This was a strike on the nuclear centrifuge and nuclear weapons programme alone unatributable by evidence to any nation. I have no desire to see a war against Iran quite the opposite, but I have no desire to see a nuke in the Mullahs hands either. As soon as that happens Israel has their mandate to use theirs.
It would have been easy to take down all of the power grid which would have caused civilian deaths across Iran instead men risked their lives so that only the nuclear weapons programme was attacked. It was elegantly planned and executed and no one was killed, rather this than more targeted killings or a large physical or cyber attack which would have killed many. So for those reasons it was a job well done.
You seem to not notice the actions of the Qods Brigades in Iraq and Afghanistan which are used to conduct war against the UK and the USA, I'm not sure exactly who is the one with a 'fantasy war movie view of the world'. The Qods brigade have also been active in Syria in the last few months helping Assad to murder his own civilians (along with the Jihadists).
I have Iranian friends and would love to see the country peaceful but nukes in the hands of the current rulers? No, if actions like this lower the likelihood of a war on Iran by removing the immediacy of obtaining nukes then that has to be a good thing.
Lawrocket mentioned losing the moral high ground, I don't think it ever existed, the whole world is standing in in a cesspit when it comes to morals.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I agree with Darius. Sending military forces in to sabotage another country's industry is an act of war. It's an invasion of sovereignty of another country by executive fiat.

Acts of War in Pakistan, Iran, Libya, Egypt, Yemen. Then Libya commits an act of war by killing our ambassador and occupying the American embassy.

We have lost any and all moral high ground. We''re off capping people on foreign soil. We're sabotaging industrial processes. Etc. Acts of war.

And pretty much bragging about it. Darius is right. Look at the acts, not the actors.

Bizarre isn't it. Apparently each sovereign nation on Earth has a different set of sovereign rights, depending on to what level they agree with us and our way of doing things. There must be a chart somewhere that will help us understand. Let's see, . . . despises Israel on the x axis, . . . Muslim leadership on the y axis, . . intersection results are - your rights do not include development of nuclear weapons.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

This was a strike on the nuclear centrifuge and nuclear weapons programme alone unatributable by evidence to any nation. I have no desire to see a war against Iran quite the opposite, but I have no desire to see a nuke in the Mullahs hands either. As soon as that happens Israel has their mandate to use theirs.

Proponents of proliferation (in this case, namely, Iran creating nuclear weapons) should take a look at the history of close calls between the US and the USSR during the cold war. Both sides of an embittered stand-off having them is not the guaranteed recipe for success that many folks suggest. US vs. USSR, India vs. Pakistan (still wouldn't call this one over), Iran vs. Israel... how many nuclear stand-offs involving mutual distrust/hatred and imperfect communication between leaders do we want to go for?

Comparisons of an action against infrastructure supporting an internationally condemned nuclear program and actions against civilian populations may seem bizarre, but they shouldn't be unexpected. [Under perhaps unpopular yet quite relevant interpretations] Islam treats killing as an appropriate response to insult. So from that frame of reference, sure, insulting a nation by stalling their nuclear program is basically equivalent to indiscriminately killing a whole mess of people.

In the context of a nuclear stand-off, this mentality is particularly distressing. What level of insult could be interpreted as a "first strike" warranting retaliation? And while the people of Iran may not universally think or behave this way, the cold war close calls should teach us that the decisions of only a handful of people are what make the difference. And, that being the case, it's incredibly important that those handful of people have a solid secular grounding.

When you satrt ranting that you are going to destroy another nation by wiping them off the face of the Earth and then begin the process of obtaining a weapon to do just that, don't be surprised if someone tries to stop you.

Or you could just HAVE enough nuclear weapons to wipe EVERY nation off the face of the Earth, and wonder why other nations don't like you.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The U.S. is not the only country who has well trained soldiers. Nor are we the only ones who could be nuked by Iran.

Israel may have been behind this raid. Forty years ago I saw a lot of Israeli soldiers walking around Fort Bragg. Many were being trained by our Special Forces. I suspect a lot of that is going on now.

I used to skydive with a guy who was in the Israeli Army for a while. They are hard core troops.

This is what a country can expect when it's bat shit crazy leaders rant about wiping another country off the map and then proceed to develop the weapons to do it.

Like Bush and Cheney AND McCain "bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iran". Getting the popcorn to enjoy the flamefest in 3...2...1...

Nor are we the only ones who could be nuked by Iran.

Makes you wonder why none of the others are doing much about it...

Many were being trained by our Special Forces

maybe they were traning our Special Forces B|
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

The U.S. is not the only country who has well trained soldiers. Nor are we the only ones who could be nuked by Iran.

Israel may have been behind this raid. Forty years ago I saw a lot of Israeli soldiers walking around Fort Bragg. Many were being trained by our Special Forces. I suspect a lot of that is going on now.

I used to skydive with a guy who was in the Israeli Army for a while. They are hard core troops.

Thats why I haven't mentioned any nation in any of my posts in this thread it could also have been the Brits.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

When you satrt ranting that you are going to destroy another nation by wiping them off the face of the Earth and then begin the process of obtaining a weapon to do just that, don't be surprised if someone tries to stop you.

Or you could just HAVE enough nuclear weapons to wipe EVERY nation off the face of the Earth, and wonder why other nations don't like you.

Yeah, well I can't recall the U.S. threatening to wipe another nation off the map because our religious leaders don't like them.

But I'm sure you think it's just fine for religious nutters living in the 15th century to have nuclear weapons and law abiding citizens have their guns taken away.

So committing acts of war are wrong? Tell that to Iran. Using puppets groups to attack Israel, both in Israel and all over the world. They've been doin that since '79.

Has nobody else noticed that whenever international pressure increased on Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas got frisky?
And who bankrolls and directs them?

Sorry, if you want to talk of "Moral Highground" in a conversation that involves Iran then that high ground isn't very high.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Yeah, well I can't recall the U.S. threatening to wipe another nation off the map because our religious leaders don't like them.

But I'm sure you think it's just fine for religious nutters living in the 15th century to have nuclear weapons and law abiding citizens have their guns taken away.

That ringing sound is the hammer hitting the head of the nail.;)
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

So committing acts of war are wrong?

Yes. Unless in defense. Start a war with us? We'll blow your asses out. I don't have a problem with that.

if you want to talk of "Moral Highground" in a conversation that involves Iran then that high ground isn't very high.

Are you saying that we're the gutter but Iran's the sewer? So let's go down there where they are?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Just curious where you feel the "moral high ground" is? Say/do nothing until Jerusalem and Tel Aviv are smoking radioactive craters?

I admit the problem has its complexities. Nations are sovereign entities, pretty much able to set their own rules. Yet, when they make it clear they are pursuing weapons of mass destruction, and make it abundantly clear through words and actions (supporting Hamas and other terrorist groups in this case) that they are least likely to act on their threats, do the threatened countries have no right whatsoever to mitigate the threat?

Sure, sending in special forces to target highly selective elements of their nuclear weapons program is an invasion of their sovereignty. Compared to a tit-for-tat nuclear exchange, with millions dead and millions more displaced by fallout (as a minimum, assuming Russia and the US don't allow themselves to be drawn into a larger conflict), I'll take the surgical approach. Your principles may favor a different outcome, I suppose.

Don