Darius11

Population control. All Problems = Too Many people

When will it be ok to admit that all the issues we have limited resources, price of goods, etc. is because there is too many fucking people?

When is it ok to say: Hey put your monkey ego aside and don’t have more than one kid. If you have one kid when you and your mate die at least two will go one will stay. Do the math

There can not be infinite growth in a finite world.
Why do so many never acknowledge this truth?
The humane population will eventually need to evolve past are ape side and ego driven actions and except reality.

Until then things will only get worst.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Much of what you say about this is true.

Unfortunately, the people you'd really need to talk to about it probably don't have access to computers and those that do probably don't agree.

Until very recently, within the last hundred years or so, THE way to ensure societal success was to create more and more members of your group/family/nation.

Past a certain point, that no longer works, but it's encoded into every human to try.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I can agree with that statement with one small point of difference. There are too many other people.

That is what he meant
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

If you mean 3rd world yes that’s one issue but
Almost everyone I know my age has kids and more than one. I don't get it. These are professional’s smart people but they are ego driven and illogical and very selfish when it comes to having kids.

Not to mention the tax burden they put on everyone else.

If we did things in a logical manner you would at minimum have to pay a child tax. Which makes sense because you’re using more resources.

I know good luck trying to get that passed even if it makes perfect sense.

I think that’s the issue not this one subject but the lack of logic we use to look at our situation. When we can look at things as the way they are then we can progress until then were fucked. And unfortunately it has to be a group mental shift.

I hope the 10th Monkey theory is a true one.

I can agree with that statement with one small point of difference. There are too many other people.

I don’t know what you mean by that. My point is not to kill or eliminate people who are already here. My point is if we evolve are way of thinking and just have one kid then we can cut the population in half in one generation.
Solving many problems.

I don’t know what you mean by that. My point is not to kill or eliminate people who are already here. My point is if we evolve are way of thinking and just have one kid then we can cut the population in half in one generation.
Solving many problems.

OK ...there are too many people without a sense of humor.

>When will it be ok to admit that all the issues we have limited resources, price of
>goods, etc. is because there is too many fucking people?

Resources - yes
Price of goods - no

>If you have one kid when you and your mate die at least two will go one will
>stay. Do the math

The math there - the human race would eventually die out.

I'm not too worried about overpopulation. The second derivative of the world's population is now negative, which means we'll reach a peak and then begin to decline. So we just have to continue that trend.

First thing, who is it that we should exterminate? Africans? Asians? Europeans? We've got to start thinking about who to eliminate in order to leave the world a better place.

These are professional’s smart people but they are ego driven and illogical and very selfish when it comes to having kids.

I've got four, myself. And I'm not even Mormon!

Not to mention the tax burden they put on everyone else.

Quite honestly, I'm a bit curious about the tax burden my kids have. Is it the roads that they drive on? The government assistance that they aren't getting? Please define it. (Yes, you are being set up for this.)

If we did things in a logical manner you would at minimum have to pay a child tax. Which makes sense because you’re using more resources.

Yes. And the resources are costly, too. I know. I pay for them. Food. Clothes. Care. Medical. Etc. Doing my part to keep the economy rolling. All cost money. Maybe I'm raising the prices of products, right? That breast milk that the two month old is eating is an exception.

What untaxed resources are my kids using?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The math there - the human race would eventually die out

I am not talking about permanent ideology here Bill. We can look at the numbers and then decide again what is logical.

I'm not too worried about overpopulation. The second derivative of the world's population is now negative, which means we'll reach a peak and then begin to decline. So we just have to continue that trend.

Yes it will correct itself in the long run, I guess my goal or what I am worried about is all the suffering that will come with that. It would be great if it would be avoided because it can be avoided.

Almost everyone I know my age has kids and more than one. I don't get it.

It's quite simple: everyone likes to fuck. Do you want to be told that not fucking will solve the world's problems? You'll probably do what everyone else does -- think that it's a great idea so long as you don't have to abide by it. That's overpopulation in a nutshell.

Doug Stanhope states it all very eloquiently here.

I do agree with you though -- overpopulation is definitely a root cause of the world's problems. Those problems will only compound in the future.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Solving many problems.

OK ...there are too many people without a sense of humor.

Sorry in SC my sense of humor was killed and left in a ditch long ago.

Quite honestly, I'm a bit curious about the tax burden my kids have. Is it the roads that they drive on? The government assistance that they aren't getting? Please define it. (Yes, you are being set up for this.)

Sure you get a deduction on your taxes for your kids Why is that?

What do you use less when you add kids to your family that makes you deserve that deduction, and not a single person?

First respect for knowing Doug Stanhope. He is my Mr. Spock. Just logic and honesty I love him.

As for fucking you can pull out? You can have fun and not add a kid.

But your right no one will ever listen but I do think the solution is evolving past that animal side that needs the ego trip of a kid.

What do you use less when you add kids to your family that makes you deserve that deduction, and not a single person?

It's about contributing more, not using less.

It's like in agricultural third world countries where people need to breed so they have enough surviving children to take care of them when they become too old to work and care for themselves.

Here we have the same thing but government run so all of us don't need to breed. It's called Social Security, and the Ponzi scheme will collapse if people fail to make enough babies to pay into the system when they grow up. A little bribery can't hurt.

Of course young workers supporting old workers requires them to have jobs which pay well enough....

First respect for knowing Doug Stanhope. He is my Mr. Spock. Just logic and honesty I love him.

As for fucking you can pull out? You can have fun and not add a kid.

But your right no one will ever listen but I do think the solution is evolving past that animal side that needs the ego trip of a kid.

Well, I certainly don't take you serious after that statement.:)

Oh. So it becomes a "tax burden" when a person does not "pay taxes." A burden is that which is carried; load, i.e. "a horse's burden of rider and pack." Or that which is borne with difficulty; obligation; onus: i.e. "the burden of leadership."

It's an interesting way of looking at burdens. But for my son being my burden, then others would be my burden. Therefore, he is taking away from others what I should be forced to give to them. Thus, my children are a burden on other people because my resources go more to them than others.

Kinda like a dead horse is a burden to a cowboy. If that horse had stayed alive, then the cowboy wouldn't have to carry himself.

Or how telling a person to calling me names is disrespectful.

My, how the meaning of "burden" has been thrown on its head.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Until then things will only get worst.

World wise, per capita, this is the most comfortable time period in human history.:S I'll take today's "world problems" than the middle ages any day of the week.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I'll take today's "world problems" than the middle ages any day of the week.

Personally your right but worldwise?? Technology and health is better but i don;t think its so black and white as one might assume.

As the food and water supply becomes more and more rare one can only fear what will happen and who will get to drink and eat and who will not. We will notice things last as we are generally much richer than most of the planets population.

The Math does not add up. Limited resources

The government subsidies your kids and people who do not use the same resources end up paying for it.

Does it make sense that a single person should pay more taxes then one with kids????
One single adult is one for one he is a 1 consumer and a 1 producer. A family of 6 has two producers and 6 consumers yet they get a tax break???

The system was set up not on logic or a give and take but to encourage family and marriage.

You can flip it any way you like it but the money has to come from somewhere and it comes from the single people who use less resources but get taxed more. Simple as that on whatever kind of a horse you want.

That’s only on a national level to answer you original questions. on a global level it is ridiculously irresponsible. But most parents get there panties in bunch when you talk to them because you know THERE KIDS ARE SPECIAL. The problem is everyone feels that way and that is why we as a species can’t reach a logical solution.

The government subsidies your kids and people who do not use the same resources end up paying for it.

Does it make sense that a single person should pay more taxes then one with kids????
One single adult is one for one he is a 1 consumer and a 1 producer. A family of 6 has two producers and 6 consumers yet they get a tax break???

The system was set up not on logic or a give and take but to encourage family and marriage.

You can flip it any way you like it but the money has to come from somewhere and it comes from the single people who use less resources but get taxed more. Simple as that on whatever kind of a horse you want.

That’s only on a national level to answer you original questions. on a global level it is ridiculously irresponsible. But most parents get there panties in bunch when you talk to them because you know THERE KIDS ARE SPECIAL. The problem is everyone feels that way and that is why we as a species can’t reach a logical solution.

Well, I have to say I had you pegged as a lib. Turns out you're farther to the right than most folks here ...especially, it seems, when it comes to public "subsidies" (;)) for "kid factories".

It will not change - people naturally have sex, so we reproduce. Add that to our ability to master technology and dominate, in general, all things in the world, we will continue to grow until likely disease or other natural catastrophe.

Used to be the population of the world would grow to 750M or so, then get wiped out by plague, back down to 250-300M. Since the industrial revolution, that has changed.

So what will the new '750M' number be? Most articles I read say about 10-11B, so likely in our lifetimes...

it will be interesting to see, and I hope I am one of the survivors.

It will not change - people naturally have sex, so we reproduce. Add that to our ability to master technology and dominate, in general, all things in the world, we will continue to grow until likely disease or other natural catastrophe.

Used to be the population of the world would grow to 750M or so, then get wiped out by plague, back down to 250-300M. Since the industrial revolution, that has changed.

So what will the new '750M' number be? Most articles I read say about 10-11B, so likely in our lifetimes...

it will be interesting to see, and I hope I am one of the survivors.

The carbon footprint is inversely proportional to the reproductive rate. The more carbon we produce the less we reproduce. Save the planet and burn more coal.