SkydiveJonathan

Walmart Warehouse Workers Strike

>There are only 6 Waltons - even easier to replace them.

Feel free!

I'm sure they feel very confident.

you do realize that as the Waltons die the money will be split many more times to all the grand kids and great grandkids. As long as the money is centralized it will continue to supply jobs and help keep people supplied with cheap products to buy. Working at Walmart is a stepping stone to better jobs and increased pay, just like cutting grass, delivering papers, and working at fast food places back 20 - 40 years ago. Only a loser would use walmart as a career, but it is great as a filler between jobs.

This is where I tell you that Walmart will use extreme state violence to prevent a single dollar of their unearned wealth being taken from them. Let's hope not too many die.

since when do you get to define what is or is not earned income. I say they eaned it all.

This is where I tell you that Walmart will use extreme state violence to prevent a single dollar of their unearned wealth being taken from them. Let's hope not too many die.

since when do you get to define what is or is not earned income. I say they eaned it all.

Thus the battle is begun.

Why do people think that a manager does not "EARN" the money? I can tell you that managing is mentally more stressfull than actually doing the manual labor.

Your contributions in this thread and another show that the information sources that right wing conservatives rely on can cause people to believe things that are patently ridiculous.

Deadbeats trying to own homes?

Inherited wealth is "earned"?

It is stunning that abject ignorance is so common among right wing conservatives these days.

I'll bet you think that the Obama administration had two years of united Congress that would have done whatever he had asked, and the Republicans did nothing to obstruct any legislation that passed the HOR. Your information sources may spread this lie, and you might believe it, but it is a LIE, as in factually incorrect. Just like Rmoney and Ayn Rand's boy, a stream of lies and misinformation are presented, and lapped up by right wing conservatives, like a cat does cream.

Ignorance can be corrected, stupidity cannot.

Your contributions in this thread and another show that the information sources that right wing conservatives rely on can cause people to believe things that are patently ridiculous.

Deadbeats trying to own homes?

Inherited wealth is "earned"?

It is stunning that abject ignorance is so common among right wing conservatives these days.

I'll bet you think that the Obama administration had two years of united Congress that would have done whatever he had asked, and the Republicans did nothing to obstruct any legislation that passed the HOR. Your information sources may spread this lie, and you might believe it, but it is a LIE, as in factually incorrect. Just like Rmoney and Ayn Rand's boy, a stream of lies and misinformation are presented, and lapped up by right wing conservatives, like a cat does cream.

Ignorance can be corrected, stupidity cannot.

The billions made by walmart since the old man died is not inherited it is earned. Even some of the inherited money may have been earned but that was not the discussion. And many of the bad loans from the housing collapse was from people that tried to get more then they could afford and instead of buying according to their income bought according to their wants. then instead of working harder, selling their house, or cutting back on frivolous purchases they let the banks forclose on them and then cried about how the gov should bail them out. Yes they were deadbeats.

but for many's sake I hope stupidity can be corrected.

Two weeks after dozens of Walmart employees walked off the job in the company's first-ever daylong strike, workers say retaliation for efforts to unionize must end by Nov. 23—"Black Friday"— or another strike will occur.

dozens of workers? Out of the millions? No strike at that percentage has ever succeeded.

Two weeks after dozens of Walmart employees walked off the job in the company's first-ever daylong strike, workers say retaliation for efforts to unionize must end by Nov. 23—"Black Friday"— or another strike will occur.

dozens of workers? Out of the millions? No strike at that percentage has ever succeeded.

Momentum will build.

Momentum will build.

yup... as those skilled workers at walmart walk out and are replaced by the next schmuck that puts in an application rife with misspellings, the momentum will build. That's it.
--
Rob

First strike in 50 years. Either it's a blip or a sign of bigger things to come. Lay your bets.

actually its not the first strike. in 2006 100 or so workers striked in Hialeah Gardens, Fla. It went no where as this will.

maybe they will unionize a store like they did in Canada. Then Walmart will close it like they did in Canada and everyone will lose their job. you will be happy and call them martyrs for the cause. i just see them as poor unemployed fools.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante