quade

60 Minutes - Bin Laden Raid

I hate the way the 60-minutes host repeats much of what the SEAL says, as if it doesn't really count until he says it.
I heard it the first time!

You may "hate" it, but restatement for the purposes of confirmation of something that could be misinterpreted is a useful and sometimes necessary technique to ensure the statement the interview subject made is accurate or at least precisely what was intended to be said.

It gives the interview subject a chance to correct something he may have said accidentally.

It's far more important to get this story exactly as the particular subject intends than rush through and leave some detail up for misinterpretation.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Could be my imagination, I ain't no expert nor know how it really works, but I swear he has a lot of "make up" on. Are they using some hollywood prosthetics to hide his actual features?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Could be my imagination, I ain't no expert nor know how it really works, but I swear he has a lot of "make up" on. Are they using some hollywood prosthetics to hide his actual features?

yes, and you might have noticed his voice sounded a bit odd too.
--
Rob

You may "hate" it, but restatement for the purposes of confirmation of something that could be misinterpreted is a useful and sometimes necessary technique to ensure the statement the interview subject made is accurate or at least precisely what was intended to be said.

Yes...repetition is the key to learning. That's why all the usual suspects who post here are continuously repeating the same shit year after year...yet, ironically enough, none of us have changed...it's a beautiful thing.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

"I understand Owen’s colleagues for being disappointed that he violated the code of silent service and his interview went quite far into detail on the bin-Laden raid. However, the current environment is fixed by an administration that is hemorrhaging finished intelligence, sources and methods, and operational detail to the international media so long as it is what they consider to be campaign gold. Owen is being used as a huge distraction by the Obama administration to keep public attention off the criminal negligence of their own stewardship of our nation’s security secrets. Owen’s teammates (and the rest of us) should be grateful that he told the truth and exposed, if even , the nature of the most egregious violators of the code beginning with the man who is one heartbeat away from being their Commander in Chief, the drunk uncle himself, Joe Biden. Owen is a hero. I am confident he has not lost a single real friend from the book or interview and he deserves our support, not to mention a lifetime supply of Taco Bell." ~Frank Wuco

http://www.frankwuco.com/the-great-mark-owen-distraction/
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Somehow, Ron, I get the feeling you didn't watch the 60 Minutes piece. It appears as if Wuco, whoever the fuck he is, watched a part of it, but missed some very significant words in it.

Yes I did watch it. Frank Wuco is from the SOCOM community here in Tampa. He is supportive of Mark Owen. I think you should read again what he said. It is the concluding paragraph to his SITREP at the link provided.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Owen’s teammates (and the rest of us) should be grateful that he told the truth and exposed, if even , the nature of the most egregious violators of the code beginning with the man who is one heartbeat away from being their Commander in Chief, the drunk uncle himself, Joe Biden.

This sentance, besides the fact that it makes no grammatical sense, doesn't jive at all with what Owen said during the interview.

- Dan G

Owen’s teammates (and the rest of us) should be grateful that he told the truth and exposed, if even , the nature of the most egregious violators of the code beginning with the man who is one heartbeat away from being their Commander in Chief, the drunk uncle himself, Joe Biden.

This sentance, besides the fact that it makes no grammatical sense, doesn't jive at all with what Owen said during the interview.

Those are Wuco's words not Owen's. Owen stated that he felt support from his teammates for telling the truth. It seems in agreement to me.

Did you read the SITREP?