ianmdrennan

Wait, what??

Wow! You found evidence that Romney changed his mind on an insignificant issue, namely watching BHO's speech.

Think about it, the original comment was made on an PBS interview. Duh!
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Wow! You found evidence that Romney changed his mind on an insignificant issue, namely watching BHO's speech.

I'd hardly call it insignificant in terms of their campaigns. The biggest mistake either candidate can do is underestimate the other. All Romney did was box himself into a corner with the statement. Either he was a terrible opponent, or he as full of it (turns out the latter was true)

Ron, as usual you're missing the point (and incorrect too). It's not 'only' on PBS, a simple google search will show you a dozen sites reporting it. Here, let me help you http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Romney+not+watching+speech

The fact that he made the first statement was stupid, and when he did I called BS on it. As usual, Romney proved me right.
Performance Designs Factory Team

I'd hardly call it insignificant in terms of their campaigns. The biggest mistake either candidate can do is underestimate the other. All Romney did was box himself into a corner with the statement. Either he was a terrible opponent, or he as full of it (turns out the latter was true)

Ron, as usual you're missing the point (and incorrect too). It's not 'only' on PBS, a simple google search will show you a dozen sites reporting it. Here, let me help you http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Romney+not+watching+speech

The fact that he made the first statement was stupid, and when he did I called BS on it. As usual, Romney proved me right.

It was a silly question and therefore insignificant. He is presenting himself as a leader. He knows what BHO stands for and what he is likely to say in his DNC speech. In projecting confidence, he simply states he is not going to sweat the small stuff. Also, he has staff to advise him if BHO says anything new and worthwhile. Which of course, he did not.

It was an impromptu answer of personal strength. Later some adviser probably suggested he tone it down. So he did.

You posted the link as if it were on PBS so I took you at your word. I did not watch the video because I too thought it was as immaterial as Romney's original response.

It just seems to me that liberals spend so much time looking at the shape and color of the leaves and the texture of the bark on the trees that they never see the edge of the forest.

Thank you for the attempted put down. Your action speaks volumes.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Wow! You found evidence that Romney changed his mind on an insignificant issue

What about a significant issue? You have a problem with that by any chance?

Abortion is not a significant issue; it is a hot button issue in the left wing main stream media. Women believe the economy is the most important issue in this election.

Everyone has accepted the fact that this country will kill unborn children. Roe v. Wade will never be repealed.

Nothing to see here, just move on.

Abortion is not a significant issue;

That's bullshit and you know it.

Everyone has accepted the fact that this country will kill unborn children.

That statement tells me how important you really feel this issue is.

So it doesn't make you even a little uneasy that your shining knight has done a complete 180 on this - one of the most obvious flip flops in the history of politics?

Abortion is not a significant issue;

That's bullshit and you know it.

Everyone has accepted the fact that this country will kill unborn children.

That statement tells me how important you really feel this issue is.

So it doesn't make you even a little uneasy that your shining knight has done a complete 180 on this - one of the most obvious flip flops in the history of politics?

As far as I am concerned, this election is not about abortion. It is about the economy. I am pro-life because I understand the evil of abortion. That issue is not my concern this election.

Obama Vs Romney: DOES GOD HAVE A PREFERENCE

http://issuu.com/prismmagazine/docs/rsso12?mode=window&viewMode=singlePage

Oh, and BTW, he is not my shinning knight. Romney is just the other choice. BHO failed, he can't lead, he created more turmoil. He needs to be replaced. IMO

My preference would have been Ron Paul.

Wait a minute

I thought it is now called evolving???
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Wait a minute

I thought it is now called evolving???

:D

Nope. People change their minds all the time. You expect anyone to make a statement and right, wrong or indifferent to go to their grave with it?
Let's hope not.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Agreed.

A better approach would be to not make the stupid statements to begin with (in reference to the first statement Romney made).

Similar to the DNC platform being against God before they were for him
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Agreed.

A better approach would be to not make the stupid statements to begin with (in reference to the first statement Romney made).

We do try our best, right?
:D:D;)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Agreed.

Similar to the DNC platform being against God before they were for him

Expect, of course, you're mistaken if you believe the DNC was against God. They simply had left mention of him out of the party platform...as they should. Unfortunately, even that can't fly in today's overly religiously charged times.

Strange how even the US Constitution itself probably wouldn't fly in these times.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

They simply had left mention of him out of the party platform...as they should.

Nothing wrong with mentioning God...I would never vote for cowards that feel afraid to express their beliefs in a free society.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...