brenthutch

The DNC makes me sad.

How can a real man/woman be a democrat? The Democratic Party is a bunch of whiney, simpering losers with their hands held outward and upward. And those are the good ones! The leadership is just a bunch of Machiavellian manipulators leveraging the weak and simple minded for their own benefit. The DNC looks like a special education class, all grown up. Just look at the floor vote on the issue of reinstituting “God” and “Jerusalem” back into the platform. The leadership said “let them do what they are going to do” in a manner that a parent deals with a temper tantrum from a three year old. And they are talking about the “intellectual” part of the DNC. This makes me sad.

Meh, your bias is showing. I will probably not be voting for Obama, but I can still respect the democratic platform more than the republicans. Democrats believe in civil liberties (except for guns), Republicans believe in governance by religion (except for guns). Both parties believe in taking a large amount of money from the populace, but Democrats belive in economic benefits for the needy, while Republicans believe in economic benefits for the decidedly un-needy. If one of these groups is going to take my money regardless, I'd rather it go toward feeding people and protecting the environment than giving tax breaks to folks who profit by trashing the environment. I'm probably voting for Gary Johnson, but if I had to choose between D and R, it would most certainly be D.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Meh, your bias is showing. I will probably not be voting for Obama, but I can still respect the democratic platform more than the republicans. Democrats believe in civil liberties (except for guns), Republicans believe in governance by religion (except for guns). Both parties believe in taking a large amount of money from the populace, but Democrats belive in economic benefits for the needy, while Republicans believe in economic benefits for the decidedly un-needy. If one of these groups is going to take my money regardless, I'd rather it go toward feeding people and protecting the environment than giving tax breaks to folks who profit by trashing the environment. I'm probably voting for Gary Johnson, but if I had to choose between D and R, it would most certainly be D.

Blues,
Dave

Sounds good to me, vote for someone that can't win and at the same time take a vote away from Obama to help Romney win

You know, just because someone may differ with your political stance does not mean that they are not a 'real' man/woman. It doesn't mean their intentions are nefarious or that they are bad people.

Personally, I like living in a world where other people are not mental clones of me. It makes for interesting dialogue and broader awareness of just how complicated things like politics can be.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

You know, just because someone may differ with your political stance does not mean that they are not a 'real' man/woman. It doesn't mean their intentions are nefarious or that they are bad people.

clearly you haven't been watching the conventions

I stopped on both after just a couple speeches - the caricatured negative stereotypes of the "other guys" were nearly 100%. That's 3% more than even Speaker's Corner.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Democrats believe in civil liberties (except for guns),

I have to disagree. The President is bragging about bagging Bin Laden. Civil liberties were not involved in that. The GOP even applauds it. The Democrats said they’d get rid of the Patriot Act – they strengthened it. They said they’d close Gitmo – it’s going strong. They say they’re in favor of free speech – but are advocating a Constitutional Amendment to limit political speech. They claim to be in favor of same sex marriage, but did not repeal DOMA or DADT – the former is now a campaign issue but Obama stated that he intends to let the courts sort it out over the next few terms, and DADT was ended due to a court decision where the Log Cabin Republicans were plaintiffs. The bill that ended DADT was no more than symbolic at that point. The Republicans say they are against civil rights, and walk the walk. The Democrats say they are for civil rights and then ensure that it’s a perpetual campaign issue.

Republicans believe in governance by religion (except for guns).

True – the GOP likes spouting off about it. But the Democrats just reinserted “God” into their platform.

Both parties believe in taking a large amount of money from the populace, but Democrats belive in economic benefits for the needy, while Republicans believe in economic benefits for the decidedly un-needy.

True. But Democrats also believe in money for the unneedy. Check out the sweetheart deals for health insurance corporations and the pharmacy industry. The Democrats talk about how well the stock market is doing now thanks to them. Of course, those are corporations.

I'm probably voting for Gary Johnson

Barring some unforeseen scandal, I am, as well.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I have watched parts of the conventions, and would get annoyed by that, and switch. So sick of the demonizing of the other side instead of actually doing something productive. This goes for both parties. They annoy me equally.

It's a beauty contest between two butt ugly competitors. neither can trump their own looks, but can only argue that the other contestant is uglier. Both recognize it, but neither will admit it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Both recognize it, but neither will admit it.

I disagree.

They both admit it. They REVEL in it. It's the prime foundation of their platforms to demonize the other guys and then say "We're not them".

So much easier than trying to do something good.

Hell, Mitt is running the fact that he's not Obama.
Obama is still running on the fact that he's not Bush.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Both recognize it, but neither will admit it.

I disagree.

They both admit it. They REVEL in it. It's the prime foundation of their platforms to demonize the other guys and then say "We're not them".

So much easier than trying to do something good.

Hell, Mitt is running the fact that he's not Obama.
Obama is still running on the fact that he's not Bush.

+1