CSpenceFLY

Man with a gun stops stabbing

I can't believe no one called the police to stop this.

http://www.woai.com/mostpopular/story/Armed-bystander-stops-stabbing-outside-school/6zTYMpy8pUOeyrbElEBOTQ.cspx

SAN ANTONIO - A woman is in critical condition after she was stabbed outside her child's school Tuesday morning.

The attack happened around 10:00 a.m. Tuesday outside the Bonham Academy on St. Mary's Street. Teresa Barron, 38, had just dropped off her child at the school when the child's father showed up, and the two got into an argument. The child's father, 38-year-old Roberto Barron allegedly then stabbed the woman several times in the upper body and neck area.

Police say a bystander who happened to be a concealed handgun license holder pulled his weapon and ordered Barron to drop the knife. Barron surrendered and was taken into custody by the bystander and a school district officer.

The woman was taken to San Antonio Military Medical Center.

Barron was arrested for aggravated assault, and is in jail on a $150,000 bond.

I can't believe no one called the police to stop this.

It was that irresponsible concealed carry holder. If he would have NOT had that gun, he would have had room for his cell phone. Then he could have called the cops.

I think the real hero here is clearly the 'school district officer'. A clear product of our social government and public union system, he was available immediately to counsel the misunderstood Mr. Barron for the trauma of having to actually see a gun and to be assaulted by the CCH pointing the killing object in his general direction.

I'm sure the gun is currently in jail, and the CCH is being retrained on proper thinking and sensitivity.

(For those that need it, here's a smiley icon - :S)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

that bastard!!! how dare he stop someone in such a manner!!!

doesnt he know that 911 *(government sponsored dial-a-prayer) shoulda been his first response??!!! :P

Roy

obviously mr barron has a huge award waiting for him in civil court for the trauma he experienced....

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Well, at least the "Gun Free School Zone" worked. He used a knife, not a gun. (CHL holders are usually exempt from the school zone laws)

:P

When I got my CHL, we were told we were o.k. with a handgun in a school zone and to not enter the schoolhouse with it. It's best to leave it in your vehicle. From reading the original post, the guy with the CHL did the right thing. Defending an 'innocent 3rd. party' is part of the responsibility. Good for him!!!

Chuck

Well, at least the "Gun Free School Zone" worked. He used a knife, not a gun. (CHL holders are usually exempt from the school zone laws)

:P

When I got my CHL, we were told we were o.k. with a handgun in a school zone and to not enter the schoolhouse with it. It's best to leave it in your vehicle. From reading the original post, the guy with the CHL did the right thing. Defending an 'innocent 3rd. party' is part of the responsibility. Good for him!!!

Chuck

Wisconsin has a 1000 foot exclusion zone around schools. CHL holders can go armed within that, but not onto school property
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/18661869/chl

http://www.drudge.com/news/159268/ccw-holder-shoots-own-butt

No one mentions these stories.... there are still too many guns out there in the hands of idiots...

Just for fun. Lets replace the word guns with "small canopies" or an other item or activity that you all care about personally. Now, let me propose we look at this problem the same way that the anti-gun camp approaches this. Lets let people who are either against small canopies or know nothing about their use and/or misuse come up with new restrictions governing your use of your small canopy. How's that sit with everyone?

No one mentions these stories.... there are still too many guns out there in the hands of idiots...

and as demonstrated by recent events, there are still guns in the hands of idiots who carry a badge in NY.

what would you propose? Or is bitching about it the limit of your suggestion? I shouldn't expect more. it's SC after all, but I was just wondering.
--
Rob

The difference is, for one, that as a sport, we are actually doing something to make sure that safety IS implemented through education, training, recommendations and follow-ups. We do from time to STOP someone from killing themselves when we see poor canopy performance, and we screen people who should not be jumping what they have i.e. the 50 jump person with a 107 Katana.

The firearm-laden society of the USA is doing no such equivalent. Instead of stopping the 50 jump wonder with the 107 Katana, we let them have the gun and then hope they don't do anything stupid with it.

Chances are the 50 jump wonder will only hurt themselves. Chances are the guy with the gun will hurt someone else, or the gun itself will be used for something which it was never intended. (i.e. 10 times more likely that a gun in the home is used for a family suicide than to ever be used for a self defense purpose)

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/18661869/chl

http://www.drudge.com/news/159268/ccw-holder-shoots-own-butt

Just for fun. Lets replace the word guns with "small canopies" or an other item or activity that you all care about personally. Now, let me propose we look at this problem the same way that the anti-gun camp approaches this. Lets let people who are either against small canopies or know nothing about their use and/or misuse come up with new restrictions governing your use of your small canopy. How's that sit with everyone?

...we screen people who should not be jumping what they have i.e. the 50 jump person with a 107 Katana.

The firearm-laden society of the USA is doing no such equivalent. Instead of stopping the 50 jump wonder with the 107 Katana, we let them have the gun and then hope they don't do anything stupid with it.

Every gun sale made by a gun dealer is personally approved by the BATF. They ARE screened.