davjohns

..the blood of patriots...

It's funny to me (and Ron) that you think you have us all figured out.

Sometimes I think the hilarity is a sin...Tongue

Huuuuuuh? Why do you think that I think that I "got you all figured out"? I have no clue about anyone; never claimed that I did, except for the following:

A lot of people throw the word "existentialism" around without knowing what it means or its background. From the posts I've read, Ron appears to be a Christian guy. (Did I figure that out right?) So when he used the world "existentialism" in what I thought was a kind of loose way (which is why I asked him what he meant), I thought he might be interested to find out that that "existentialism" and Christianity are perfectly compatible. (There are Christian existentialists; there are atheist existentialists.)

So, when you said "[Skwrl] think(s) [he] figured [us] out..." No. I thought Ron might find it interesting. But that's because I remembered him; his posts have been memorable. In fact, I can't say that I've ever read anything you've written before - maybe I have but I don't remember it - so you're making a big assumption yourself when you use the word "us".

Of course, that could be because I don't really read Speaker's Corner much... Sort of a waste of idle time, I guess. After all, I have yet to see anyone say, "Oh, yes, you raised a compelling point. Your observation has shifted my world view." Maybe it happens discretely, but it seems like it's just a forum for non-wingsuiters to pointlessly bicker with each other. (The wingsuiters have one, too, we call it the wingsuit forum.)
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

I was thinking in terms that nothing has meaning and purpose except what the individual places on it, like situational ethics.

Wow, you've managed to misrepresent situational ethics and existentialism in one post!

My frame of reference is Fritz Perls' Gestalt Psychology. That is probably much different than yours.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.