Fearjoburg

Should Cannabis be legalized?

Does it make a person healthier, stronger, smarter, more polite, wise...?

Nice dodge. Well, no, not really. Really it was kinda lame.

Healthier, medical marijuana research has already covered this issue and more research is needed for psilocybin, lysergic acid diethylamide, and other controlled substances. Stronger, is this really a concern? Smarter, more research is needed for marijuana, lysergic acid diethylamide, and other substances. Polite, is this really a concern?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Why legalize it? Medical Marijuana has become a nice little cottage industry in Michigan. Let's keep something for the common man. Right now we have people making money as caregivers and opening dispensaries and hydro stores...
If we legalize weed it all goes away. Phillip Morris will grow it and Walgreens will sell it and the little guys get screwed.

Why legalize it? Medical Marijuana has become a nice little cottage industry in Michigan. Let's keep something for the common man. Right now we have people making money as caregivers and opening dispensaries and hydro stores...
If we legalize weed it all goes away. Phillip Morris will grow it and Walgreens will sell it and the little guys get screwed.

Medical marijuana is just sham legalization. Just do away with the hypocrisy and legalize it.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Right now the current growers oppose legalization because both Phillip Morris and the truly little guy (individual use) could grow it. But mostly they oppose it because their prices would not survive any competition.

That said...does Altria actually grow tobacco, or do they just buy it from farmers? How would that change with pot?

Right now the current growers oppose legalization because both Phillip Morris and the truly little guy (individual use) could grow it. But mostly they oppose it because their prices would not survive any competition.

A typical price for medical MJ is $80 a quarter, and that's the good shit...they could charge even less and still make a decent profit.. The point I guess I'm trying to make is that if people are willing to pay $80 why would the price come down? Even if it could come down to $30 or $50, what's keeping the government from taxing it $50 or $30 more?

Now MMJ is not for me...but I've recently seen how many elderly people have ditched their potent and dangerous pain killer pharmaceuticals for pot, and it works great for them...I bet the pharm corps don't like that, especially if you can grow it yourself.;)

...just something to think about.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

A typical price for medical MJ is $80 a quarter, and that's the good shit...they could charge even less and still make a decent profit.. The point I guess I'm trying to make is that if people are willing to pay $80 why would the price come down? Even if it could come down to $30 or $50, what's keeping the government from taxing it $50 or $30 more?

Now MMJ is not for me...but I've recently seen how many elderly people have ditched their potent and dangerous pain killer pharmaceuticals for pot, and it works great for them...I bet the pharm corps don't like that, especially if you can grow it yourself.;)

but not reasons against legalization...

but not reasons against legalization...

??huh...I'm in Michigan, it's paractically legal here for anyone with enough motivation to ask...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

edit to dd: We've all heard the down-side of dope, tell me the good points? Does it make a person healthier, stronger, smarter, more polite, wise...?

Interesting, yet irrelevant, questions. Here are some more.

Does your skydiving help the environment?
Does your television watching eliminate poverty?

There is only one relevant question here, and it is:

Should a sovereign entity be able to tell a free man what he can do with his own body?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I stumbled upon an interesting blog. Whether or not its true is a different story but according to the blog:

Henry Ford’s first Model-T was built to run on hemp gasoline and the CAR ITSELF WAS CONSTRUCTED FROM HEMP! On his large estate, Ford was photographed among his hemp fields. The car, ‘grown from the soil,’ had hemp plastic panels whose impact strength was 10 times stronger than steel; Popular Mechanics, 1941

clicky to blog

I stumbled upon an interesting blog. Whether or not its true is a different story but according to the blog:

Henry Ford’s first Model-T was built to run on hemp gasoline and the CAR ITSELF WAS CONSTRUCTED FROM HEMP! On his large estate, Ford was photographed among his hemp fields. The car, ‘grown from the soil,’ had hemp plastic panels whose impact strength was 10 times stronger than steel; Popular Mechanics, 1941

clicky to blog

This is a really poor article that simply and utterly fails the logic test. Just reading through the article is states that industrial hemp wasn't outlawed until 1937. Diesel's engine dates from the previous century and Model T's had been produced for years at that time. Which simply means that there was no barrier to a hemp automobile or hemp fuels at that time and Diesel and Ford turned to other materials and fuels because they were better, more economical solutions. Ford was simply wrong when he expressed the opinion that alcohol would be the fuel of the future (who knows, maybe it will be at some time in our future but it seems rather unlikely).

I swear the pro-legalization lobby really does itself a disservice by printing things like this which vastly overstate any industrial uses for hemp and attempt to rewrite history.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

An interesting article was posted on the interwebs

http://truththeory.com/2012/08/26/why-cannabis-is-still-illegal/

Apart from medicinal uses there is also beneficial "by products" that can be used in construction, biofuels and the like.

It would be interesting to see dz.commers opinion on this.

None of which justifies recreational use. Lotta potheads in here.

No,no! They are just supporting the rights of those who choose to toke-up. Some may have tried it but didn't inhale or whatever. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Chuck

Should a sovereign entity be able to tell a free man what he can do with his own body?

If the free men were the ones responsible for building the soveriegn entity, yes.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Yes it should be legal, taxed, and controlled. Just like liquor and tobacco. Any free society that proclaims liberty should permit its use - and hold users accountable for their behavior when they use it. It is that simple a no brainer. Period.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !