mpohl

When will the NRA be designated as a Terrorist Organization???

The NRA is one of the deadliest forces in our society.
I know, "Guns don't kill ppl, ppl kill people!" So the slogan goes.

But how many mass killings would happen in the US if the attacker were req to hack his victims to shreds, or suffocating them one-by-one? Hand-to-hand combat!!?

And yeah, another 11 victims in NYC today. It's becoming a daily occurrence.

When? Concurrent with the ACLU being declared a terrorist organization.

Protecting the rights of individuals used to be considered a good thing. Your post indicates to me that some of us have totally lost it.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

But how many mass killings would happen in the US if the attacker were req to hack his victims to shreds, or suffocating them one-by-one? Hand-to-hand combat!!?

It should be pointed out that it's looking like 10 of them were shot by police.

What does the NRA have to do with someone who has flipped-out and starts shooting people? We in this country have the right to keep and bear arms. The NRA and other groups like them, work to protect that right. If, someone wants to kill another person, they'll find a way to do it. We have restrictions in regard to the purchase of 'legal' firearms. We have a difficult time with 'black market' sales of firearms. Not all gun owners are looking to shoot-up the town first chance they get, either.
Too many guns get stolen from law abiding citizens and sold to non-law abiding people. folks need to ease-up on the knee-jerk reactions and think a bit and quit generalizing. JMO

Chuck

It should be pointed out that it's looking like 10 of them were shot by police.

yeah, that citation is a spectacular fuckup by the OP. Only 1 person was not shot by the police. Nevermind that 9 of them were wounded, not killed. A shooter kills one person and is killed by the police - not exactly what we'd call a mass shooting now, is it.

mpohl- the NRA will be designated as a terrorist organization when the brady fucks somehow get elected to the White House, dissolve Congress and the Courts, and finally have the authority to do what voter will and constitutional rights would never allow.

In other words, when pigs fly out of a frozen tundra called Hell.

Ya know, the US isn't the only country in the world that can call an organization terrorists.

Just saying'.

while the NRA has criticized the legislative actions of other nations, I've never seen it actually try to act outside our borders. Something about the N part, I suspect.

It would make more sense to declare the SEIU or the Teamsters as terrorists...

The NYPD is one of the deadliest forces in our society.
I know, "Guns don't kill ppl, cops kill people!" So the slogan goes.

But how many mass killings would happen in the US if the attacker used gasoline or poisons available at any grocery or hardware store?

FIFY

Ypu'll never get that genie back in the bottle, guns are part of American culture and constitution. The NRA works to educate about guns you can't blame them for the use of weapons.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Another post where hindisght is useful. 11 people shot? Yeah. Ten by the police.

And it's also interesting to me that a group that advocates for the continual lack of government intrusion into a Constitutional right is "terrorist?"

Let's name the ACLU while we're at it. You know how many people have been killed by expression of ideas? When speech is free people get killed. And only by killing them may we protect people, eh Josef?

How about the American Automobile association? Kills tens of thousands each year.

Or the American Medical Association. Know how many iatrogenic fatalities there are each year?

Maybe we should call the American government terrorist. Seeing as how inactivity is now the biggest killer, the government encourages people to sit on their asses.

Or in the case of NYC - we've got cops shooting up a crowd. New York's finest terrorist organization. That's it!!!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Another post where hindisght is useful. 11 people shot? Yeah. Ten by the police.

And it's also interesting to me that a group that advocates for the continual lack of government intrusion into a Constitutional right is "terrorist?"

Let's name the ACLU while we're at it. You know how many people have been killed by expression of ideas? When speech is free people get killed. And only by killing them may we protect people, eh Josef?

How about the American Automobile association? Kills tens of thousands each year.

Or the American Medical Association. Know how many iatrogenic fatalities there are each year?

Maybe we should call the American government terrorist. Seeing as how inactivity is now the biggest killer, the government encourages people to sit on their asses.

Or in the case of NYC - we've got cops shooting up a crowd. New York's finest terrorist organization. That's it!!!

You call yourself a lawyer. I call your entire post an embarassement for your guild. I would not spend a penny to hire you.

That's it. :|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

How about the AARP? Their own members die by the thousands daily.

And yeah, another 11 victims in NYC today. It's becoming a daily occurrence.***

So guns should be illegal?

Please go on and tell me more about how these criminal mass murders would follow those laws. Wake the hell up. All you would be doing is taking the guns out of the citizen's hands that choose to follow the law. They aren't the ones I am worried about. I want those guys to be able to protect themselves. The bad guys would still (illegally) have guns.

As a law enforcement officer let me let you in on a little secret.....Prohibition doesn't work.

The war on drugs has been fabilous! (sacrcasim there) Kids today can get drugs easier than alcohol. I see it on a daily basis. All you do is push the market underground which actually makes it easier to obtain. Drug dealers don't ID card anyone. Meanwhile there is mass violence south of our border due to the suppliers fighting over the demand of said black market. I realize this is a drift from the NRA topic but I am drawing a parallel here.
I am an asshole, but I am honest

They are no more a terrorist org than any other powerful single-issue lobby. Bullies yes, irresponsible yes - but not terrorists.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

The National Rifle Association of the United Kingdom was founded in 1859 (twelve years before the NRA in the US). It was granted a charter of incorporation by Queen Victoria in 1890. They're NOT the same organization as the NRA in the United States, are not related to them, and they are the governing body of pistol and rifle shooting sports in the UK. Two countries just happen to have "National" rifle associations.

What does the NRA have to do with someone who has flipped-out and starts shooting people?

Because they fight tooth and nail any efforts to pass firearms control laws that might make a difference.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

What does the NRA have to do with someone who has flipped-out and starts shooting people?

Because they fight tooth and nail any efforts to pass firearms control laws that might make a difference.

How do you mean 'laws that might make a difference'?

Chuck

Kinda weird. The State of California thinks I'm competent. Even attorneys I have cases against think I'm competent.

But I'm not, since what I describe about the way it works where you are. I'm sorry. I should know that your way is the only way it's done and the only way it should ever be done. I failed to realize your test is what counts in this world.

I do have a court appearance tomorrow. I'll be sure to tell the judge, "But christelsabine says it's supposed to be x."

Considering that the only laws that have made a difference are laws that liberalize firearms ownership, then I applaud them.

The National Rifle Association of the United Kingdom was founded in 1859 (twelve years before the NRA in the US). It was granted a charter of incorporation by Queen Victoria in 1890. They're NOT the same organization as the NRA in the United States, are not related to them, and they are the governing body of pistol and rifle shooting sports in the UK. Two countries just happen to have "National" rifle associations.

Yea, I misread Kelpdiver's post.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca