shah269

Why won't the GOP relax a little

How well did Prohibition work?

You obviously are having trouble distinguishing the differences between alchohol and a highly addictive substance like crack cocaine. You really should go to an N.A. meeting sometime and talk to people whose lives were devestated after they became addicted from just one toke on a crack pipe. But I'm sure you would not want to associate yourself with "those people".

How did legalization of Opium work out for China?

How well is our current War on Drugs working?

So you think the solution is to destroy society by legalizing Crack? How about heroin? Surely you won't mind stepping over all the nodded out junkies and empty syringes on your daily route?

So you believe the reason there are not more drug addicts is, the government saying it is illegal. Is that why you are not an addict? If gay marriage is legalized are you afraid you are going to start sucking dicks. Or will you remain heterosexual. And since guns are legal I'm sure you have no problem stepping over those 9,000 bodies.

So you think the solution is to destroy society by legalizing Crack? How about heroin? Surely you won't mind stepping over all the nodded out junkies and empty syringes on your daily route?

I read these debates, discussions and arguments and I see that the liberals always seem like they are coming from somewhere in space. They have hidden agendas that trigger responses that do not relate what they are responding to. I think I have come to an understanding.

Liberals are trying to govern and legislate based on intellectual ideals, not reality.

Conservatives are trying to govern and legislate based on the current mess we are in, that is to say reality.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Your response is pretty weird. Have you ever been to an N.A. meeting? Do you have any idea how addictive crack cocaine is? If not, then you haven't any idea what you are talking about. That's pretty typical of those who support legalization of crack, so don't feel you are alone.

Let us know your thoughts AFTER attending that N.A. meeting, OK?

I read these debates, discussions and arguments and I see that the liberals always seem like they are coming from somewhere in space. They have hidden agendas that trigger responses that do not relate what they are responding to. I think I have come to an understanding.

Liberals are trying to govern and legislate based on intellectual ideals, not reality.

Conservatives are trying to govern and legislate based on the current mess we are in, that is to say reality.

It's funny that you would call me a liberal.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Yeah, clearly we should just keep doing what we are doing, you know, since it prevents all those people from taking drugs.

I think some on here, who we know would never lower themselves to attend an N.A. meeting, and be around "those people",would benefit from your unique perspective, Ron.

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement.

I thank God and Praise Jesus that I found Him before I found free base or crack cocaine.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

My cousin died because of a heroin addiction. I sat and watched him shoot up once. Funny thing is it being illegal had nothing to do with me not giving it a go. I also know that keeping drugs illegal did not prevent his addiction or death. Now is the only reason you have not become and or are not a crack addict is because it is illegal.

It's funny that you would call me a liberal.

Mine is a general observation of SC.

Yeah, clearly we should just keep doing what we are doing, you know, since it prevents all those people from taking drugs.

Have you ever been to an N.A. meeting? Get back to us after you do.

Your response is pretty weird. Have you ever been to an N.A. meeting? Do you have any idea how addictive crack cocaine is? If not, then you haven't any idea what you are talking about. That's pretty typical of those who support legalization of crack, so don't feel you are alone.

How do you square this with personal responsibility?

How do you square this with not blaming an object but blaming the person?

You obviously are having trouble distinguishing the differences between alchohol and a highly addictive substance like crack cocaine. You really should go to an N.A. meeting sometime and talk to people whose lives were devestated after they became addicted from just one toke on a crack pipe. But I'm sure you would not want to associate yourself with "those people".

So you would argue that outlawing guns would prevent gun crime. Curious.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

My cousin died because of a heroin addiction. I sat and watched him shoot up once. Funny thing is it being illegal had nothing to do with me not giving it a go. I also know that keeping drugs illegal did not prevent his addiction or death. Now is the only reason you have not become and or are not a crack addict is because it is illegal.

So, can we take that as an acknowledgment that you have never been to an N.A. meeting?

If watching someone shoot up once is your total experience, then I would say you have a lot to learn.

How do you square this with personal responsibility?

How do you square this with not blaming an object but blaming the person?

So, you have never been to an N.A. meeting either?

Yes, I have. I appreciate that Ron posts with his clinical background, even if I sometimes disagree with him. I appreciate that you may have some background as well. I work, as Ron did, in a public mental health setting. Substance abuse is not my primary area of service but I am hardly ignorant of the realities of drug use in our society. I have also had much personal contact, including helping people get treatment and being part of a couple of interventions.

All of that happened in spite of our current drug laws, which you seem to think work.

So you have never been to an N.A. meeting, either?

Get back to us after you do. Until then, you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Nice tap dance, so I'll ask again. Do you support legalizing Crack cocaine?

I oppose all forms of busibodying, by left or right. Most of the busibodying in the USA is by the right, of course.

I'll remember that when I go buy lightbulbs in a couple years.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

So you have never been to an N.A. meeting, either?

Get back to us after you do. Until then, you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Why would I go to an NA meeting? I haven't been to an NRA meeting either. Or an AA meeting, or a Weight Watcher's meeting.:P

Prohibition has a long history of failure.

I think you are a classic busibody, knowing what's best for everyone else.

I don't look down at people who are addicted. I also don't believe they deserve to go jail. What is your insistence that one goes to a N.A meeting in order to understand addiction.Would your stance on guns change if you went to a support group of gun violence. Again, is the only reason you have not become and or are not a crack addict is because it is illegal.

I oppose all forms of busibodying, by left or right. Most of the busibodying in the USA is by the right, of course.

As far as I'm concerned you can buy whatever lightbulbs you want.

Yes, I have. I appreciate that Ron posts with his clinical background, even if I sometimes disagree with him. I appreciate that you may have some background as well. I work, as Ron did, in a public mental health setting. Substance abuse is not my primary area of service but I am hardly ignorant of the realities of drug use in our society. I have also had much personal contact, including helping people get treatment and being part of a couple of interventions.

All of that happened in spite of our current drug laws, which you seem to think work.

My experience was helping a good friend who became addicted to alchohol and crack. I attended several dozen A.A. and N.A. meetings. Sadly, my friend could not shake his addiction and died of an overdose. I also remember sitting in those meetings and hearing that someone else who had been there just a few days before had succumbed to substance abuse again.

Crack is nothing like alchohol, heroin or even powder cocaine. It is incredibly addicting and it often causes a person to become addicted with just one usage.

I am very happy I do not have to live in a world full of crackheads and junkies. If you think the war on drugs is expensive, wait until you see the devestation legalizing crack would cause. Of course, then the liberals would tell us we need to provide housing, food and free medical treatment for these "poor souls" who became addicted by using a legal substance.

As far as I'm concerned you can buy whatever lightbulbs you want.

sure, apparently the 'left' isn't as tolerant as you - they're very 'busybody' in a LOT of aspects as well - it's really the theme of the party - activism implies an almost obsessive increase in government involvement in personal life - to state "most is by the right" is just silly

both parties would do well to just butt out on social issues and let people live their own lives

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I don't look down at people who are addicted. I also don't believe they deserve to go jail. What is your insistence that one goes to a N.A meeting in order to understand addiction.Would your stance on guns change if you went to a support group of gun violence. Again, is the only reason you have not become and or are not a crack addict is because it is illegal.

Get back to us after attending those N.A. meetings. Then you will at least understand what you are saying. Although, I'm pretty sure you won't go.