jinlee

Businessman Says President Obama Can Kiss His...

We've got a well known oilman/rancher here in Texas, said the same thing. :D Only he put-up billboards expressing his feelings.
To me, it looks like Obama is trying to destroy this nation from with-in. Dunno...

Chuck

What do think President Obama's motivation would be to destroy this country? I'm asking a serious question. Do you really think he ran for President with the hidden motive to destroy the United States? How did he hide his motives from his staff and all the people who helped get him elected? Or are they in on it too?

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

Where is government in that quote?

Besides the fact that the statement is 100% true of anyone (none of us are truly self made, we've all had help from parents, mentors, someone who gave us a break at some point when we didn't earn it - whatever).

I arrived in this country with $3000 (I sold everything I owned except a few clothes, and my skydiving rig). I was lucky enough to get a break, of all places, folding mail in a mail room for $5 an hr. Then on to landscaping, and finally on to my studied profession (computer science).

I now own 2 houses, make a great living, have a wonderful family, and have plenty of toys (it certainly wasn't always so).

I'm not afraid of hard work, any work, at all. BUT I definitely had breaks along the way. I strongly believe this to be true of all successful people (not limited to successful people mind you).

I just don't see the big deal about the quote.

edit: I won't argue that the last sentence in the quote isn't unnecessarily harsh, but the point of it is certainly accurate.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." -Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

We've got a well known oilman/rancher here in Texas, said the same thing. :D Only he put-up billboards expressing his feelings.
To me, it looks like Obama is trying to destroy this nation from with-in. Dunno...

Chuck

Check this out. I've seen the trailer and it all makes sense to me.

http://2016themovie.com/
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Chuck

What do think President Obama's motivation would be to destroy this country? I'm asking a serious question. Do you really think he ran for President with the hidden motive to destroy the United States? How did he hide his motives from his staff and all the people who helped get him elected? Or are they in on it too?

George Soros
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Chuck

Just thinking over his time in office and the national debt., the recession, things like that. Maybe 'destroy' was a a litle harsh but good Lord. I'm not saying anymore... I'll hold my tongue.

Chuck

George Soros wrote in The Age of Fallibility: Consequences of the War on Terror:
“ The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.[13] ”

Soros has been unapologetically critical of U.S. military interventions. In his book Open Society: Reforming Global Capitalism, he spells out his criticism:
“ It may be shocking to say, but I believe that the current unilateralist posture of the United States constitutes a serious threat to the peace and prosperity of the world.[13] ”

Soros believes that capitalism is the enemy of the open society, and that the solution is to regulated markets that are not governed by capitalism. Referencing the state of the world following the collapse of the Soviet empire, Soros said:
“ The main enemy of the open society, I believe, is no longer the communist but the capitalist threat.[13] ”

http://www.conservapedia.com/George_Soros

>“ It may be shocking to say, but I believe that the current unilateralist posture of the
>United States constitutes a serious threat to the peace and prosperity of the world.”

So he sounds like a republican while Obama is in office, and sounded like a democrat while Bush was in office.

Chuck

What do think President Obama's motivation would be to destroy this country? I'm asking a serious question. Do you really think he ran for President with the hidden motive to destroy the United States:(? How did he hide his motives from his staff and all the people who helped get him elected? Or are they in on it too?

I think what Obama is pointing out is that like, the ground, and the air, and also food, shelter, good health, all the things that people thank God for is not a place the government should try to place itself, or a President.

[/:(]It's rudely overbearing at best, dangerous to liberty, it's why we are all living in fear now.... some people are.

and even if it's naively meant as good will, in the real world business-wise on a global level it's counter-productive. It's problematic in all governments now.

More people working at the FAA to review skydivers PLA's is but an example.

Business and trade on a global level now is tough. The US with it's financial troubles because of years of past bad business, wars, past bad business is making it even more difficult.

and to the green movement, its not good for the planet. It has pushed business out of the US and the EU into Asia and they are polluting the other-side of the planet 10x worse than the US and Europe ever did, or would in the future if citizens & governments allowed clean USA/EU business to better meet the needs of all of us, instead Asia is.

So yeah, overall, currently the effect is to destroy the United States.

I just don't see the big deal about the quote.

Some individuals are more successful in utilizing family and public resources to build their successes. Resources that are not only available to him. But Obama's quote has the average less successful person believe they have some sort of special kinship on the indivdual's success. Never mind that they also have about the same resources and didn't make it work for them. Sometimes average people can't fathom why successful people are special. Obama is definitely one of these special people, but he misspoke here, or forgot for the purposes of politics how he is different.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Chuck

What do think President Obama's motivation would be to destroy this country? I'm asking a serious question. Do you really think he ran for President with the hidden motive to destroy the United States:(? How did he hide his motives from his staff and all the people who helped get him elected? Or are they in on it too?

I think what Obama is pointing out is that like, the ground, and the air, and also food, shelter, good health, all the things that people thank God for is not a place the government should try to place itself, or a President.

[/:(]It's rudely overbearing at best, dangerous to liberty, it's why we are all living in fear now.... some people are.

and even if it's naively meant as good will, in the real world business-wise on a global level it's counter-productive. It's problematic in all governments now.

More people working at the FAA to review skydivers PLA's is but an example.

Business and trade on a global level now is tough. The US with it's financial troubles because of years of past bad business, wars, past bad business is making it even more difficult.

and to the green movement, its not good for the planet. It has pushed business out of the US and the EU into Asia and they are polluting the other-side of the planet 10x worse than the US and Europe ever did, or would in the future if citizens & governments allowed clean USA/EU business to better meet the needs of all of us, instead Asia is.

So yeah, overall, currently the effect is to destroy the United States.

How long do you think it will take Obama to destroy the United States, if he is reelected? After he destroys the United States, what will be left? A huge pit of sand?

The idea that any politician can "destroy" the United States is absurd. People who say things like this on public forums look silly. The United States has survived Reagan and two Bushes, not to mention Gerald Ford repeatedly falling down the stairs and Jimmy Carter lusting in his heart and beating off crazed rabbits. The union will survive regardless of who is elected President, folks. Relax.

SBA.gov guarantees millions of small business loan every year, totaling hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars. to say that every person 'built their business on their own' is complete bunk.

And to hang the President on a single line about whether or not you ever received any help in your business, is nothing less than short-sighted partisan bullshit and a rather weak argument for any supposed end-purpose.

But I am sure the politicians are all VERY HAPPY with yet another distraction from the real issues we have (on both sides of the left/right). and you guppies continue to eat the fish food that is sprinkled down on top of you.....

And to hang the President on a single line about whether or not you ever received any help in your business, is nothing less than short-sighted partisan bullshit and a rather weak argument for any supposed end-purpose.

The tenor of Obama's statement was such that, since you didn't build that business, he's justified taxing you at will.
We are all engines of karma

regardless what reason he states, the government is justified in taxing us at will. But they are not so stop fretting about it. Right now, everyone is basing a political campaign on what was probably nothing more than gaff-level.

It's not the real issues Romney will not tell us his plans because he does not have any. Ryan objects to bailouts, yet he requested bailout money because he says it would create jobs. these are all bullshit issues and have little to do with the problems we face.

spending cuts aligned with increased taxes will help bring the deficit in line over time. More money for education/infrastructure will secure our future generations. The US is already in a better place than many European countries for a lot of reasons.

Obama saying what he said in whatever speech he said it in, is NOT one of those reasons, nor is it a deterrent to those reasons. It's a non-issue. If you think telling the President to kiss your ass is going to help the USA, then have at it. I will spend my time writing my Congressman and participating in the processes that affect the policies that I would like to see implemented.

Again, I am sure that they are quite happy to see the distractions out there.