regulator

OBAMA...you didnt kill Usama Bin Laden

Sure, right after you explain how an author making money off a book he or she writes is slanderous and a wild accusation.

I will once you prove the author is making money.

There's nothing slanderous about such a statement either way. I go to work and make money, and I assume you do as well. Why would that be a source of shame?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

>or do you actually think that in this case the author* is not being paid for the book?

He sort of painted himself into a corner here, so he will now redefine the words "pay" "author" and "book."

No corner. The claim was that the author was donating the "proceeds" to the families. Skydekker contends he is not doing so. i simply asked for proof. It's not up to me to prove the author isn't doing something.

That is not what Skydekker contends.

But what about you - do you think the author is financially benefiting from the book?

Sure it is.

Skydekker: I am convinced the Author is going to make money off the book, which is what I called "cashing in".

Don't know what's so hard for you to understand about that>

I understand that you are incorrectly, and intentionally for the purpose of trolling, confusing making money with not donating anything.

Same as in the other thread, it's a good play but pretty obvious.

I haven't made a claim one way or the other.

Which is precisely why I'm asking.

Do you think the author is making any money from the book?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Sure, right after you explain how an author making money off a book he or she writes is slanderous and a wild accusation.

I will once you prove the author is making money.

There's nothing slanderous about such a statement either way. I go to work and make money, and I assume you do as well. Why would that be a source of shame?

Blues,
Dave

It's not. It's Skydekker that has a problem with it.

>or do you actually think that in this case the author* is not being paid for the book?

He sort of painted himself into a corner here, so he will now redefine the words "pay" "author" and "book."

No corner. The claim was that the author was donating the "proceeds" to the families. Skydekker contends he is not doing so. i simply asked for proof. It's not up to me to prove the author isn't doing something.

That is not what Skydekker contends.

But what about you - do you think the author is financially benefiting from the book?

Sure it is.

Skydekker: I am convinced the Author is going to make money off the book, which is what I called "cashing in".

Don't know what's so hard for you to understand about that>

I understand that you are incorrectly, and intentionally for the purpose of trolling, confusing making money with not donating anything.

Same as in the other thread, it's a good play but pretty obvious.

I haven't made a claim one way or the other.

Which is precisely why I'm asking.

Do you think the author is making any money from the book?

I have no idea. I haven't made any claims. I just asked Skydekker to back up his statement. Odd that you cannot seem to understand something so simple.

It's not.

Then why are you involved in this conversation?

(Keep it up though, it's hilarious!)

Oh, now you are going to redefine "proceeds"?

No actually, I said the same thing upthread.

Proceed means profits, which is what's left over after expenses.

No, that's not what it means. Net proceeds would be a lot closer to profits.

I think this guy deserves credit for donating the proceeds to the families affected instead of being torn down on DZ.com by a Canadian.

Except that the article didn't say the proceeds.

Now you and Jakee have just gotten downright pathetic.

A spokesman at Dutton, a division of Penguin Group, said proceeds from the book will be donated to charitable causes that benefit the families of fallen Navy SEALs.

I guess I'm done here since you and Jakee are just incapable of keeping up.

I guess I'm done here

I think you may have already disqualified yourself by claiming proceeds and profits are the same thing.

Plus, have you even been to a book club meeting?

I think Amazon.com has a special on dictionaries.

And yes, I have been to many book club meetings.

Have you ever been to an NA meeting or done anything that would even qualify you to have a laymans knowledge of crack addiction?

A spokesman at Dutton, a division of Penguin Group, said proceeds from the book will be donated to charitable causes that benefit the families of fallen Navy SEALs.

So do you think that means the author won't make any money from the book?

I think this guy deserves credit for donating the proceeds to the families affected instead of being torn down on DZ.com by a Canadian.

No, that's not what was said. What was quoted was:
"A spokesman at Dutton, a division of Penguin Group, said proceeds from the book will be donated..."

"PROCEEDS", not "THE PROCEEDS". Significant difference.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

No, that's not what was said. What was quoted was:
"A spokesman at Dutton, a division of Penguin Group, said proceeds from the book will be donated..."

"PROCEEDS", not "THE PROCEEDS". Significant difference.

Great, let's hear your definition of proceeds.

You wouldn't understand if you have never been to a book club meeting.

You are the one making slanderous statements about "proceeds" (as opposed to "the proceeds"0 and are unable to back them up.

Libelous.

Chick-Fil-A donates proceeds to hate groups. Chick-Fil-A does not donate all proceeds to hate groups.

Chick-Fil-A donates proceeds from their business to hate groups. Chik-Fil-A does not donate the proceeds from their business to hate groups.

Chick-Fil-A donates proceeds to hate groups. Chick-Fil-A does not donate all proceeds to hate groups.

Chick-Fil-A donates proceeds from their business to hate groups. Chik-Fil-A does not donate the proceeds from their business to hate groups.

That too.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!