SpeedRacer

Would you legalize prostitution?

Cheaper that way. Who made it illegal? Bet they were married and bitter.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

>I respected this country when they had a sense of consistent morals and passed it on
>to their chidren...yeah, they had their woes, but their unity made us the most powerful
>country in the world and helped us to experience a kick ass childhood .The glory
>years.

Do you long for the glory years of the US, when prostitution was legal? Perhaps before 2009, when Rhode Island outlawed prostitution?

I think most people would agree with you that it's immoral.

Academic discussion here, but curious about something. Have you ever gotten a professional massage?

A person, touches your body with their body, for your pleasure in exchange for money.

What makes prostitution different? Why is touching you here for money different/immoral than touching you there for money?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Academic discussion here, but curious about something. Have you ever gotten a professional massage?

Yes, many times.

A person, touches your body with their body, for your pleasure in exchange for money.

What makes prostitution different? Why is touching you here for money different/immoral than touching you there for money?

I don't see much difference, technically.

I'm not sure why a lot of people think prostitution is immoral, but it seems that, for whatever reason, most people do.

I'm not sure why a lot of people think prostitution is immoral, but it seems that, for whatever reason, most people do.

Because it is...

Even at a very young age we have a sense that certain sexual behavior is wrong. As we grow old, we tend to sear our conscience.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Even at a very young age we have a sense that certain sexual behavior is wrong.

I don't recall what I thought of prostitution at a very young age. But as an adult, I see nothing immoral about a reasonably sane adult choosing to provide a service and another adult choosing to pay for that service. (I mean, yeah, there are some immoral things that could go along with this, but I don't see the basic idea/act as being immoral.) Just my opinion, of course.

Because it is...
Even at a very young age we have a sense that certain sexual behavior is wrong. As we grow old, we tend to sear our conscience.

Nonsense. If you can't articulate why it's different and "immoral" then your argument is pretty damn weak.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

But as an adult, I see nothing immoral about a reasonably sane adult choosing to provide a service and another adult choosing to pay for that service.

easy to say if you have no morals.

Because it is...

Nonsense. If you can't articulate why it's different and "immoral" then your argument is pretty damn weak.

I don't need to make an argument...

But as an adult, I see nothing immoral about a reasonably sane adult choosing to provide a service and another adult choosing to pay for that service.

I have morals, and it was still easy for me to say.

Obviously you and I disagree on whether certain things are moral/immoral, but I don't see that as a reason to suggest that you have no morals.

"Because it is...

Even at a very young age we have a sense that certain sexual behavior is wrong. As we grow old, we tend to sear our conscience."

No we don't. Someone, at some point, comes along and slaps our hand and say, "Don't you do that! That's dirty!" Or catches is playing "Doctor" With Johny or Katie, and tells us how shameful we are and that we can't play with them anymore.
Until that indoctrination occurs, we were happy to explore ourselves and one another.
The "immorality" of those situations is taught. It's definitely not our natural inclination.
Life expands or contracts in proportion to one's courage. ~Anais Nin

Obviously you and I disagree on whether certain things are moral/immoral, but I don't see that as a reason to suggest that you have no morals.

Do you think it's all right if I ask how much cash you need for me to fuck the shit out of you?

Do you think it's all right if I ask how much cash you need for me to fuck the shit out of you?

It's not a matter of it being "alright." It just makes you sound like an asshole. What's your point?

You can ask, but that's not a service that I'm offering for sale. And if I was, I would likely refuse service to someone who wasn't treating me respectfully.

You can ask, but that's not a service that I'm offering for sale. And if I was, I would likely refuse service to someone who wasn't treating me respectfully.

Exactly.

I think if prostitution is legal that it would:

1)Reduce human trafficking provided proper legislation is in place. I don't however say that it will totally eliminate it.

2) Increase the tax base

3) These people will be entitled to social benefits (I don't know about the US but in the RSA they are not)

4) I also think the prostitutes will be more likely to report cases of abuse

It sickens me how people debase love....my self included.

I think most people go to prostitutes for sex, not for love. :P

GFE:

The girlfriend experience (commonly known as GFE) is a type of service a female sex worker offers which includes acting like a girlfriend to the client. GFE includes french kissing, hugging, talking, and eating a meal together.

If you can find http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_and_the_Brothel from somewhere, there was one dude in that doc who was clearly buying more then just sex.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.