SpeedRacer

Would you legalize prostitution?

Well?

It seems strange that it isn't legal. If I meet a woman in a bar it is perfectly legal for me to have sex with her for no better reason than that I like the way her boobs look. But if we have sex for money, suddenly the law steps in and says "No, you two can't have sex for THAT reason!":S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

But if we have sex for money, suddenly the law steps in and says "No, you two can't have sex for THAT reason!"

Not if you have a camcorder...it's ok as long as dirty uncle sam gets to watch.

btw, why do you care so much?:P
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Well?

It seems strange that it isn't legal. If I meet a woman in a bar it is perfectly legal for me to have sex with her for no better reason than that I like the way her boobs look. But if we have sex for money, suddenly the law steps in and says "No, you two can't have sex for THAT reason!":S

How would you prevent sex slavery, and ensure that prostitute are only voluntary participants?

That's the big problem, not the morality aspects.

Well?

How would you prevent sex slavery, and ensure that prostitute are only voluntary participants?

we have that problem now, with illegal prostitution. Maybe if prostitution were legalized, it would be easier to openly confront those problems.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

we have that problem now, with illegal prostitution. Maybe if prostitution were legalized, it would be easier to openly confront those problems.

I see it increasing in such a situation. The pimp (massage parlor owner) no longer has to waste any effort on hiding the prostitution, can focus all energy on the slavery aspect.

I see it increasing in such a situation. The pimp (massage parlor owner) no longer has to waste any effort on hiding the prostitution, can focus all energy on the slavery aspect.

Easy way to find out: look at Nevada. Are the women in their brothels enslaved?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Yes, legalize prostitution and have it covered under Obamacare. Why should I have to pay for Hookers? I have a right to sex and someone else who is wealthier than me should be forced to pay for it.

Why do you have a right to sex when others do not?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Well?

Sex slavery exists now, with prostitution being illegal.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

It's interesting to me that when discussing the legalization of immoral acts, liberals (or whatever you want to call them) always argue that legalization would cure the problem, but when it's about shit they don't like, they always argue in favor of prohibition...

I think if prostitution was legal, it would be a lot easier to find out if someone is being forced to work against her will. For one thing, I think a lot of "enslaved" women are afraid to seek help from law enforcement because they are doing something illegal, even if it is not by choice. Also, the law enforcement effort that is being wasted right now on preventing consenting adults from participating in prostitution, this effort could be used instead to help people who actually need help.

>How would you prevent sex slavery, and ensure that prostitute are only voluntary
>participants?

Prostitutes are primarily voluntary participants in small towns in Nevada, where it is legal. There is also less instances of HIV in Nevada prostitutes than in the general population, since regular checkups are a requirement of working as a prostitute there. (Zero instances of HIV since 1986 in working prostitutes.)

Interestingly, prostitution IS illegal in Las Vegas, and it is one of the top 20 cities in the US for both child prostitution and human trafficking.

It's interesting to me that when discussing the legalization of immoral acts, liberals (or whatever you want to call them) always argue that legalization would cure the problem, but when it's about shit they don't like, they always argue in favor of prohibition...

I think prostitution (between consenting adults) should be legal because I don't see any good reason for it to be illegal. There are going to be problems with it whether it's legal or not, but that's true of almost anything. I think laws should generally be about not inflicting harm on others; I don't like most laws that only protect me from myself.

>How would you prevent sex slavery, and ensure that prostitute are only voluntary
>participants?

Prostitutes are primarily voluntary participants in small towns in Nevada, where it is legal. There is also less instances of HIV in Nevada prostitutes than in the general population, since regular checkups are a requirement of working as a prostitute there. (Zero instances of HIV since 1986 in working prostitutes.)

Interestingly, prostitution IS illegal in Las Vegas, and it is one of the top 20 cities in the US for both child prostitution and human trafficking.

What he said ^^ ^^ ^^

The problem with prostitution comes from the fact that it is illegal. Legalizing allows for regulations and regular visits from law officials.

Also, with a legal alternative, guys won't turn to crack whores on the street. Could help clean up drug problems also. Not to mention the revenues generated for the government through the new found "Pussy Tax"....:ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

>The problem with prostitution comes from the fact that it is illegal.

Just to be clear, I don't think that the only problem with prostitution is its illegality in most places. Even in places where it is legal there are problems with pimps controlling women, with human trafficking, with underage women being prostitutes, with prostitutes being paid in (and using) drugs etc.

However, since those problems are greatest in places where it is illegal, making it illegal clearly does not solve those problems, and arguably makes them worse.

I think we can all agree that Las Vegas is a special case, and probably shouldn't be used for purpose of comparison against anywhere else in the world, for any reason, ever.:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I think prostitution (between consenting adults) should be legal because I don't see any good reason for it to be illegal.

I respected this country when they had a sense of consistent morals and passed it on to their chidren...yeah, they had their woes, but their unity made us the most powerful country in the world and helped us to experience a kick ass childhood .The glory years.

All this politacal PC - anything goes shit sounds nice, but it's not gonna last long, and I guess time will only tell. This is the end for us as a great nation. We're on our way out to one world order, and it won't work. Humans simply don't posses the ability.

...Let's just enjoy our victory in the Olympics ..our time is up.

Yes, legalize prostitution and have it covered under Obamacare. Why should I have to pay for Hookers? I have a right to sex and someone else who is wealthier than me should be forced to pay for it.

Why do you have a right to sex when others do not?

Because I'm an American and it's in the Constitution that the govt is supposed to look out for my welfare. Besides, sex makes me happy and I have a Costitutional right to pursue happiness. Haven't you read the Constitution? It's in there, you know.

Well?

While you can't prevent that you can make it less likely by providing people safe, legal prostitutes that they prefer (ex - certified disease free monthly or whatever) which are also past the age of consent and working that way on their own volition.

As it stands now johns get illegal prostitution period with less ability to separate the immoral from the illegal.

Moonshine which may be contaminated with methanol is a _much_ smaller problem now that alcohol in general is legal.

I respected this country when they had a sense of consistent morals and passed it on to their chidren...

Who are "they"? And when, exactly, is this time you are referring to?

To keep it simple, I stay up here on an old air force base in the summer...many here are old retired military or widows of military men. I love their discipline, consistency and willingness to sacrifice for future generations. No bullshit...these people got it right.

Edit...I think the 80's and 90's pretty much kicked ass for the most part.

Saw the title of this thread and thought it was another discussion of the definition of marriage...
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Saw the title of this thread and thought it was another discussion of the definition of marriage...

Can't be, because, you know, in prostitution they'll still have sex with you as long as you pay them. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver