RonD1120

Progressive Democrats and Black History

>Why is it my responsibility to pay for birthcontrol for someone?

If you don't care about the problem of deadbeat dads - it's not. But then you don't get to complain about it.

I care about newbies swooping too soon.
Doesn't mean that requires me to buy them docile canopies.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If I read correctly, the Obama administration has changed the nature of what counts as the work requirement.

Which state's proposal are you reading?

Until we see specific proposals from states, we will have no idea how they plan to modify the program in their jurisdiction, or if the federal government will approve their waiver application to allow them to implement their alternative plan.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

>Doesn't mean that requires me to buy them docile canopies.

No, but it does mean you might have to pay USPA dues to teach them canopy control in their FJC.

you want the USPA to pay for the FJC, now?
last I recall, the student pays for his training.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>you want the USPA to pay for the FJC, now?

Nope, just manage the program that creates the syllabuses and instructors.

so you think that will add to the dues? did we add another employee just for this? (you want to equate a private org's management of resources from voluntary members to taxes on citizens to pay for someone else's birth control..... or at least claim that if you don't want to give the charity, then you have no right to comment..:S)

Back to Deadbeat dads - You can care, and place the blame right where it belongs - the Dads (for being deadbeats - having the kid? mom and dad). Still doesn't require us to buy the birth control to hold individuals responsible for their own actions and their own lives.

better than a crappy analogy

> You can care, and place the blame right where it belongs - the Dads (for being
> deadbeats - having the kid? mom and dad).

Absolutely. And you can blame them all you like, or you can try to fix the problem. There's a problem there though; fixing problems takes effort, money and time - often all three. Blaming is, of course, a lot easier and a lot more fun. (And judging from this forum, a popular pastime.)

>you want the USPA to pay for the FJC, now?

Nope, just manage the program that creates the syllabuses and instructors.

And this is what government is for. not actually giving out products and picking winners and loosers but to set guidelines for our society to keep it safe for the people.
dependancy and slavery are the same thing, giving people things that are not earned is creating a dependancy that will soon consume this countries way of life and soon we will resemble places like africa or the middle east.

Fixing the problem means holding those responsible accountable.

It doesn't mean give them a pass and make someone else fix it. That's a bandaid, not a fix.

A lot of people seem to like temporary, feel good, solutions that worsen things in the long run. I'm sure the intentions are great.

> You can care, and place the blame right where it belongs - the Dads (for being
> deadbeats - having the kid? mom and dad).

Absolutely. And you can blame them all you like, or you can try to fix the problem. There's a problem there though; fixing problems takes effort, money and time - often all three. Blaming is, of course, a lot easier and a lot more fun. (And judging from this forum, a popular pastime.)

Holding people accountable for their actions is the answer not giving them free stuff.

> Blaming is, of course, a lot easier and a lot more fun. (And judging from this forum, a popular pastime.)

agreed -

holding people accountable for their own choices is a lot tougher

much tougher than throwing up your hands, saying "I quit" and asking the government to give everybody a lollypop and hope it all turns out well